Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Ongoing build thread for my Girl-built SC300nat!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-09, 12:58 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hyjaxx
I have a stocking line that runs from my foot all the way up to that triangular thing- then from the triangular thing it's a braid that runs way up to a victorian scrollwork design. It's on both legs. It just looks like I'm wearing old school panty hose with the seam running up the back. Pretty cool- it's the first tattoo I've ever seen that elderly people love. I get more compliments from people in motorized scooters than anyone else. I guess it's because you can usually only see the lines and not the rest when I'm wearing a skirt.
Thats just awesome! Sounds really cool! OK, Back to the car.

Last edited by ScottURnot; 05-17-09 at 07:45 PM. Reason: I cant spell
Old 05-17-09, 04:28 PM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can map-ecu2 control the tranny???
Old 05-17-09, 05:23 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SuperiorSC
can map-ecu2 control the tranny???
No- it's not an electronically controlled tranny- it's a manually shifted automatic. It does have electronic stuff attached but it wouldn't be affected by my ME2.
Old 05-17-09, 06:37 PM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

No- it's not an electronically controlled tranny- it's a manually shifted automatic. It does have electronic stuff attached but it wouldn't be affected by my ME2.
duh...i guess i should have figured that out....idk why i always thought u needed to run aem or some sort of standalone....i guess you learn something new everyday! thanks! what is electronically controlled on the th4?

btw great job on the build. cant wait to see this thing finished!!!
Old 05-17-09, 06:43 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SuperiorSC
duh...i guess i should have figured that out....idk why i always thought u needed to run aem or some sort of standalone....i guess you learn something new everyday! thanks! what is electronically controlled on the th4?

btw great job on the build. cant wait to see this thing finished!!!
I just had to run the Dakota digital to get it to interface with my speedometer. But that's not exactly controlling anything.
Old 05-17-09, 09:53 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Guess what I did today?! NOTHING- I didn't even get out there and look at it. SLACKIN'!!!!!!
Old 05-17-09, 09:57 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

i may have some base maps from my old map ecu2 setup. what cc injectors are you running? i have a rough 550cc injector map. it should get the car running and driving.
Old 05-17-09, 09:59 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1sxyrxy
i may have some base maps from my old map ecu2 setup. what cc injectors are you running?
900- I'm using the MKiv 1000cc inj setup as my base table and having Christian tweak it from there...unless you have something better... ... ...intriguing. Hit me up!
Old 05-17-09, 10:05 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

all i have is a 550 map. i found, the bigger the injectors get the more tempermental the ME2 gets. also noticed if you load any map base map, from a MKIV supra it wont even start or will foul out your plugs right away, it just runs way to rich, the map has to be really low to get it running and driving. just open up map ecu cal, and load a karmen vortex map and then a MAP from a MKIV supra or something, the GTE and GE maps are totally different. its way to rich with a GTE map.
Old 05-17-09, 10:21 PM
1FSTV8
Driver

Ok- th400's bolted up but I still have to connect a few lines and attach a bunch of stuff so the crossmember isn't on- I'm going to need to swing it down so I can get some clearance. I'm still posting a pic though.
You inspire me !, Im in LOVE... just dont tell my fiance, heck at least she knows how to wash the dishes heh
Old 05-18-09, 06:28 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

all i have is a 550 map. i found, the bigger the injectors get the more tempermental the ME2 gets. also noticed if you load any map base map, from a MKIV supra it wont even start or will foul out your plugs right away, it just runs way to rich, the map has to be really low to get it running and driving. just open up map ecu cal, and load a karmen vortex map and then a MAP from a MKIV supra or something, the GTE and GE maps are totally different. its way to rich with a GTE map.
It's an NA map- I'll probably pull your table and check it out though. Thanks for the info about the starting issues...I've been weeding through the MAP forum- you can read that whole thing in 1 night! There just isn't too much there. Did you upload your tbl? The Map cal software is really user friendly...probably a bad thing- I don't wanna be tempted to play with it!!!
Old 05-18-09, 06:30 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1FSTV8
You inspire me !, Im in LOVE... just dont tell my fiance, heck at least she knows how to wash the dishes heh
Dang! How does everyone know I hate doing dishes with a passion?!!! I like doing laundry, cooking, dusting and polishing wood but I can't stand everything else! Your fiance is a keeper if she'll do your dishes consistently without complaining.
Old 05-18-09, 09:53 AM
2jznat
Pole Position

Dang! How does everyone know I hate doing dishes with a passion?!!! I like doing laundry, cooking, dusting and polishing wood but I can't stand everything else! Your fiance is a keeper if she'll do your dishes consistently without complaining.
now, if you could just learn how to use the damn phone
Old 05-18-09, 12:28 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jznat
now, if you could just learn how to use the damn phone
Hey Dave, been a while

I could REALLY use that base map, PM sent
Old 05-18-09, 02:32 PM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

I just had to run the Dakota digital to get it to interface with my speedometer. But that's not exactly controlling anything.

one last question. if you dont use a full manual valvebody would you need something to control the shifts of the trans?

Quick Reply: Ongoing build thread for my Girl-built SC300nat!