Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Ongoing build thread for my Girl-built SC300nat!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-09, 03:43 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperiorSC
one last question. if you dont use a full manual valvebody would you need something to control the shifts of the trans?
Are you talking about using a street/strip valve body? They provide full automatic shifting if left in drive and manual shifting if you put them in low. The th400 is cable driven- not wire driven regardless of your valve body.
Old 05-18-09, 03:57 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Ok- lit a fire under my driveshaft guy's butt today. It should be done tomorrow. He was getting all hung up on a U joint but everything's gravy now so I'm starting to get excited.
I ordered a Permacool with a fan and an Accufab throttle body from Titan which should be here pretty soon- they ship veddy veddy fast.
The new side intake is cut and going to my welder in a hot minute.
I'll start hacking crossmember so I can get my driveshaft in and finish my steering wheel. I changed my mind for the time being about the seats- sparcos are def not a comfy as the stock's so they're staying put. Plus I'd have to take them from my Sparco couch and watching TV just wouldn't be as cool if I couldn't strap in.
Old 05-18-09, 04:57 PM
BlackMamba
Driver

i cant wait to see you finish it all
Old 05-18-09, 05:07 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

too many posts, not many pics!

more more more pics!
Old 05-18-09, 05:14 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should definitely reconsider on the seats. The stock Lexus seats are comfortable, but don't hold you in worth a damn if this decide to go a bit sideways. To be honest, I think my Corbeau A4s are much more form fiting than the stock Lex seats ever were. What color were you going to go with?

And what does girl built mean exactly? The bolts aren't tightened down as much or something?
Old 05-18-09, 05:37 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tavarish
You should definitely reconsider on the seats.

And what does girl built mean exactly? The bolts aren't tightened down as much or something?
The stock seats don't hold you in there worth a crap ,but i don't think she is going for a road course or a drift event in that car. Drag strip only it looks like with the setup she is running. Some buddy club seats would be nice in there though. That or some thing that is fit to her size.

Yeah that would not be good if they weren't tightened down ,but from what I have been reading and seeing she seems to be playing the car game pretty well. She has a torque wrench to cover that line you said I bet(I'm Hoping)lol.

In for recent photos of the car inside and out! Since I started getting interested in the progression of this car performance wise. Seriously though photos wanted!!!!!
Old 05-18-09, 05:52 PM
stephenz
Rookie

nice build!good luck with it
Old 05-18-09, 07:38 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tavarish
You should definitely reconsider on the seats. The stock Lexus seats are comfortable, but don't hold you in worth a damn if this decide to go a bit sideways. To be honest, I think my Corbeau A4s are much more form fiting than the stock Lex seats ever were. What color were you going to go with?

It means I am a girl and this is my build. No twisties, no drifting-Nothing but straight lines for this car. The weight's gonna be the issue. I have Black Sparco's and they'll go in when the roll cage does. I've just decided not to waste my energy right now. Cage is coming after the tune. Interior pic on page 13 I think. Just showing the shifter, etc.

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
Yeah that would not be good if they weren't tightened down ,but from what I have been reading and seeing she seems to be playing the car game pretty well. She has a torque wrench to cover that line you said I bet(I'm Hoping)lol.
Bull**** blockers!!! Take your pick...I have quite a few torque wrenches. I'm big on getting the job done efficiently so I try to have everything on hand that I'll need.

Tranny tunnel had to get beat like a red-headed stepchild. Just one spot though.

Tranny's mounted, torque converter bolts are in. I just need to loom a few wires and take a photography class.

I have a few pix of the intake coming along. It's been tapered, etc since these were taken.

Last edited by hyjaxx; 05-18-09 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-18-09, 09:09 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=hyjaxx;4533130]
Bull**** blockers!!! Take your pick...I have quite a few torque wrenches. I'm big on getting the job done efficiently so I try to have everything on hand that I'll need.

If your referring to me I wasn't saying that you didn't know what you where doing I was giving a compliment in that sentence while cracking a joke. I was saying that to the line tavarish said about the bolt not being torqued down. Proved him wrong haha I figured you had them all along. I got recent pics out of you I am happy.

Did you ever find a boot to cover for the shifter and to keep the heat out? I had a possible solution depending on how much of the tunnel you cut out....

I oh yeah I pick the inch pounds torque wrench haha....
Old 05-18-09, 09:16 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

here is the map its on the lean side so that might help you out
http://www.performancemotorresearch....=6105#post6105
Old 05-18-09, 09:17 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

[QUOTE=SHOLEXMAN;4533446]
Originally Posted by hyjaxx

If your referring to me I wasn't saying that you didn't know what you where doing I was giving a compliment in that sentence while cracking a joke. I was saying that to the line tavarish said about the bolt not being torqued down. Proved him wrong haha I figured you had them all along. I got recent pics out of you I am happy.

Did you ever find a boot to cover for the shifter and to keep the heat out? I had a possible solution depending on how much of the tunnel you cut out....
hehehe! I knew you were messin' with me. I'm doing a plate over the top of the one that's already there. It's well enclosed- hard to explain without having a pen and paper in front of me. I don't wanna run a boot cause of the reverse lever. It's just gonna wear it out.
Old 05-19-09, 05:36 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Once the throttle body shows up I'll be able to knock this puppy out.
Old 05-19-09, 06:08 PM
2jznat
Pole Position

[QUOTE=hyjaxx;4533130]It means I am a girl and this is my build. No twisties, no drifting-Nothing but straight lines for this car. The weight's gonna be the issue. I have Black Sparco's and they'll go in when the roll cage does. I've just decided not to waste my energy right now. Cage is coming after the tune. Interior pic on page 13 I think. Just showing the shifter, etc.

Bull**** blockers!!! Take your pick...I have quite a few torque wrenches. I'm big on getting the job done efficiently so I try to have everything on hand that I'll need. [QUOTE]

these look really familiar
Old 05-19-09, 06:10 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

[QUOTE=2jznat;4536227][QUOTE=hyjaxx;4533130]It means I am a girl and this is my build. No twisties, no drifting-Nothing but straight lines for this car. The weight's gonna be the issue. I have Black Sparco's and they'll go in when the roll cage does. I've just decided not to waste my energy right now. Cage is coming after the tune. Interior pic on page 13 I think. Just showing the shifter, etc.

these look really familiar
Lol- I love that we have matching torque wrench sets! It's so cute! What'dya think of the intake?!
Old 05-19-09, 06:12 PM
2jznat
Pole Position

just be thankful i let you use them. if not i will pack up my kev and tools and go home

Quick Reply: Ongoing build thread for my Girl-built SC300nat!