Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Ongoing build thread for my Girl-built SC300nat!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-09, 04:54 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 7sins
LOL! Those two should hug already! I thought this was a thread about SOMEONE building a car not people complaining that it's a female. It is funny that you complained about your nails tho. Seriously I don't care if you're male or female this is a build thread and guess what EVERYONE loves build threads.
By the way Mr. MDSC, if you wish to bash then bash with proper spelling. You sound like a redneck that dropped out of school in 5th grade.
a russian redneck that knew 0 english when i first came here in 97. My english is actually pretty good, i just choose not to pay attention when i spell, i cant explain why, just the way i am.
Old 06-07-09, 04:56 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by hyjaxx
It's not a 67 - It's actually a 71 off one of Titan's drag setups. I needed to clarify that. It being out there that I'm a girl is actually very helpful- I'd like to attract more women to the scene...not in bikini's posing by YOUR car. Have more pix- will post them up.
oh my a huge 71mm Dont worry you wont attract any females here, this isnt the street most people on here are guys. Nothing wrong with posing in bikini, if you are what you are dont complain about your nails and oil in your hair. Its a nice project Btw
Old 06-07-09, 05:23 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER! Shunnnnn! Ok guys- quiet or you all get time-out.

This is a picture of a giant rubber duck. LOL! 4 real- Fuel system Do-over. I didn't want to mount the pump in the trunk so the lines aren't the prettiest but it had to be done that way because of how the pumps clocked. The black nylon braid Performance Dynamics hooked me up with was absolute junk so I went back and re-ran steel.

The return line's done on the turbo and it's clocked and ready- I'm picking up my piping tomorrow from the weld shop.

The Permacool tranny cooler w/fan is in place with the lines run.

Needs some cleaning and a bit of tweaking but I'm almost done.

Last edited by hyjaxx; 06-07-09 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-08-09, 03:44 AM
Durrr
Lead Lap

When the engine torques, is the turbo going to impact the shock tower? Maybe it's just the picture...
Old 06-08-09, 06:13 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

engine tourques towards the driver side she should be fine
Old 06-08-09, 11:04 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hyjaxx
^SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER! Shunnnnn! Ok guys- quiet or you all get time-out.

This is a picture of a giant rubber duck. LOL! 4 real- Fuel system Do-over. I didn't want to mount the pump in the trunk so the lines aren't the prettiest but it had to be done that way because of how the pumps clocked.
I am not much of a fan on running a pump under the car if it was in the rear where you have some space to tuck it under then that is a different story. Is this going to be a drag strip car only or no? Just saying one of those pot holes and wow look at that leak under the car lol. What is with the duck? Trying to do a size comparison?lol Should put it on the back of the car JDM style haha. Keep the pics rolling want to see the turbo piping....
Old 06-08-09, 01:38 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Durrr
When the engine torques, is the turbo going to impact the shock tower? Maybe it's just the picture...
It has about a 1/2 inch of clearance. That's why there's so much confusion about the size. The BL manifold supposedly holds up to a 76 but I just don't see how that'd work (if this is a 71- there's no way a 76 will fit). I just went into Titan and said that I wanted something around a 71 and my salesguy said "we have something sitting on the shelf in the back that should work" and I fell in love and took it home. I'm still scratching my head about exactly how big it is. I called Precision and they told me to pop the comp housing off and look 4 #'s but there weren't any. They have no clue what it is.

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
I am not much of a fan on running a pump under the car if it was in the rear where you have some space to tuck it under then that is a different story. Is this going to be a drag strip car only or no? Just saying one of those pot holes and wow look at that leak under the car lol. What is with the duck? Trying to do a size comparison?lol Should put it on the back of the car JDM style haha. Keep the pics rolling want to see the turbo piping....
The pump itself is tucked- it's where the stock fuel filter used to be. The car's primarily a drag car and the exhaust hangs down close to 3 inches below the pump and the line so it should be okay. I got holla'ed at for it looking a little ghetto but the pump is clocked towards the driver's side and crossing the line over at the firewall would cause such a severe angle that I'd be afraid it'd kink. The duck was holding my exhaust up while the BL DP was getting additional bungs welded on. I don't like having to come out from under the car to reach the other side of the pipe.

Last edited by hyjaxx; 06-08-09 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-08-09, 05:21 PM
F4A22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you bring it down?Man Kev's a lucky dude to find a chick who can work or even like cars.....
Old 06-08-09, 05:40 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

I can't get it tuned in time and there is this little issue with me forgetting the wideband until it was too late to ship it- I'm leaving tomorrow. But I'll have it down in FL July 16th- whenever I leave.
Old 06-08-09, 11:41 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

you think you could work in bikini? yeas, give us some eye candy, tired looking at greased up build in pieces
Old 06-08-09, 11:49 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice build, I got respect for anyone, man or woman, who can build something like this!
Old 06-09-09, 12:16 PM
0nePutt
Lead Lap

great build its lookin awesome. keep it up
Old 06-09-09, 01:43 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build ,. Sounds like you know a little too much about cars, prolly more than us guys. I couldnt pull this off, hands down to ya.. Keep us updated
Old 07-07-09, 12:41 AM
wheels 2
Pole Position

Any updates?
Old 07-07-09, 05:50 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Agreed nearly a month and there has been no activity.Updates and pics please.

Quick Reply: Ongoing build thread for my Girl-built SC300nat!