Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Ongoing build thread for my Girl-built SC300nat!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-09, 06:34 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New daily driving rims showed up. I'm stoked! These are the fronts- the backs are in my truck with the new tires.
Old 03-25-09, 06:37 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRBOSOARER
the bl transmission is stock... it uses stock clutches and sprags, oem toyota is the raybestos blue, awesome packs! only better are the green. anyway the magic of the bl tranny is in the valve body. they work there magic to increase trans pressure and solenoid response, those trans rock! if you ever drove a supra with a t04z and a 3800 stall with a bl auto, youd know! lmao burn rubber machine
Now what's the difference between their NA and their TT setups? I have a friend who's rocking one of these and the jury is still out for him.
Old 03-25-09, 06:42 AM
Sciethen
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC34M3
bleh i call bs. aint no girl doing that kinda work. hate me all you want!
Short 'n simple since it's off topic: the primary reason this isn't funny is 'cause sexism is so rampant, it is a part of almost every person's life. Because we have always treated males and females differently--any culture since the ancient egyptian culture--and put each in rolls, now we have all developed with beliefs that women and men have drastic differences. People quote bogus studies in an effort to prove there are major differences. But... the biggest factor is simply the cultural development (or lack thereof) that has occurred on earth. No culture treats women equal to men, and that still exists to this day.

Your quip--whether you were joking or not--would be the equivalent of joking about those "black people" seventy years ago in the U.S. It wouldn't just be a joke, it would be a belief that the joker was helping foster.

*steps off soapbox*

As for the tires, couldn't find that brand on Consumerreports.org (guess they don't do racing tires) or Tirerack.com (one of the best/cheapest places to buy new tires). However this link has some info about a few of 'em.

Nice find! Even if they WERE crappy tires, they're worth $50 to get your car mov'n.

Last edited by Sciethen; 03-25-09 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-25-09, 06:48 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

They're the Sessanta's I just thought- pretty, $50, and I have to drive down to FL (900 miles each way) in two weeks and that's not something you want to do to tires you care about...and I make that trip once every two months.

Now onto sexism- it's a part of everyday life. My Mom will come over and chill while I do work on the car but my Dad just won't come around. And then when it comes up in conversation with someone my Dad will say "I'm really impressed with what Kevin does to these cars". It's like- he can see it happening but it's too hard for him to admit that his daughter gets dirty. I deal with it all the time. I shrug it off and get a laugh out of it. When I was tearing down the head he was nowhere to be found- when you could see pistons he came over and asked a few questions about it. Then I get the call from my mom where she tells me everything my dad said to her over the past few days and we laugh about it. She came around for a few hours while I was draining the fuel tank and putting rotors on while I waited to get the head back from the machine shop. My Dad came around only when I was at a standstill waiting for the Vband. You see- it's just a fact of life. But hopefully someone will read this and think the next time they go to give the lone girl at the meet the third degree on her build.

Last edited by hyjaxx; 03-25-09 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-25-09, 11:16 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hyjaxx, you keep doing what you're doing. You are very good at what you do. Dont let others say different. For the BS callers or nay sayers, please keep to yourself.
Old 04-13-09, 05:46 AM
BlackMamba
Driver

Update!!!!!!!!!!??????????
Old 04-13-09, 08:05 AM
snwitelex
Driver

IS this at the Track? lol

NIce Build.. Hope everything runs smooth when your done
and it doesn't cause you any issues in the long run.. anyone can build a car if they really set their minds to it.. i just hope your once of those that can make a car reliable after the build.. i applaud you for your achievement on giving women a name in the performance car scene.. Very very nice.. Women that can wrench and can school you on cars is Sex.. straight out Sex.. lol..

Good Luck on finishing up your project
Old 04-13-09, 09:54 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's what happened to the set of Vredesteins that I had. They came apart like a retread in one spot and then cut apart within 1/4 mile or so that it took me to get pulled over on the freeway. They had trouble hooking up too. They have to be mainly just a show tire. lol For $50 though, fuhk it.
Old 04-13-09, 02:27 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

LOL They must be made for civics and not tanks...I mean sc's
Old 04-13-09, 02:37 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kyoso23
Here's what happened to the set of Vredesteins that I had. They came apart like a retread in one spot and then cut apart within 1/4 mile or so that it took me to get pulled over on the freeway. They had trouble hooking up too. They have to be mainly just a show tire. lol For $50 though, fuhk it.
How much stretch were you running?
Old 04-13-09, 03:57 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
How much stretch were you running?
None, 275's on a 9.5" wheel.
Old 04-13-09, 04:41 PM
ISC400
Pole Position

Good work on the SC, will this SC be faster then your CF FD?
Old 04-13-09, 05:10 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

better jump on these cams quick
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=536444
Old 04-13-09, 05:34 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

This thread kinda reminds me of the girl at my gym who whoops on all the cocky guys playing basketball. Their heads are typically down as they leave the court. I'm interested to see how this all turns out
Old 04-13-09, 07:32 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep it up! Live life how you want! Life is an occasion, rise to it!

Quick Reply: Ongoing build thread for my Girl-built SC300nat!