Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

VERTEX | JZS160 Multipurpose Build Street/Track = FUN!!! (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-09, 01:28 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

jay man this car is amazing sir.
Old 08-18-09, 10:20 AM
CleanS14
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again thanks for all the props on the build up!

We were working 'til 3am lastnight trying to get her ready for tomorrow... still a few more things to do. I drove the car 30miles home this am and everything checked out fine - just a tad too low so I'm not sure how it will be out on the track. I guess I'll find out tomorrow!
Old 08-18-09, 10:43 AM
esolo98
Advanced

car looks great, cant wait to see some interior pics
Old 08-18-09, 11:18 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awsome build bro got a few questions. SO eventualy (hopefuly) you guys will be releasing a mount kit for LSx engine and T56 trans ? The T56 is a 6-speed manual right and by combining the two wireing harnesses you are able to get all the stock acessories such as climate control and interior lighting and radio to work properly ? Would this require dual ecus ? Sorry for all the questions just the benifit of doing a GTE swap or NA-T is the cars oem-ness you can say basically its still acts stock. But you did the same with an LS1 correct please clarify also i have an SC thats what it would be going in to
Old 08-18-09, 11:52 AM
CleanS14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Awsome build bro got a few questions. SO eventualy (hopefuly) you guys will be releasing a mount kit for LSx engine and T56 trans ? The T56 is a 6-speed manual right and by combining the two wireing harnesses you are able to get all the stock acessories such as climate control and interior lighting and radio to work properly ? Would this require dual ecus ? Sorry for all the questions just the benifit of doing a GTE swap or NA-T is the cars oem-ness you can say basically its still acts stock. But you did the same with an LS1 correct please clarify also i have an SC thats what it would be going in to
The kit is available... DGR just setup their vendor/sponsor deal on this forum so I think they can post/advertise etc soon... just trying to meet a deadline for my GS.

Yep everything works like stock. I am running a stack of course but the stock cluster worked fine until we installed the stack. You are correct on the dual ECU's. ECM for the LS1 and GS ECU for the accessories - HVAC, lights etc... everything works fine including the hydro/auto steering column, that sound to tell you when the key is in the ignition when the door is open... etc etc ...DGR is also building a SC But it's strictly track so it's gonna be stripped bare w/o all the nice interior and accessories.
Old 08-18-09, 12:19 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanS14
The kit is available... DGR just setup their vendor/sponsor deal on this forum so I think they can post/advertise etc soon... just trying to meet a deadline for my GS.

Yep everything works like stock. I am running a stack of course but the stock cluster worked fine until we installed the stack. You are correct on the dual ECU's. ECM for the LS1 and GS ECU for the accessories - HVAC, lights etc... everything works fine including the hydro/auto steering column, that sound to tell you when the key is in the ignition when the door is open... etc etc ...DGR is also building a SC But it's strictly track so it's gonna be stripped bare w/o all the nice interior and accessories.

Alright sounds good who did the wiring of the harnesses and what kinda drive shaft and rear end u running. Your thread has really caught my attention but dailj drievablity would be my most concern. Also is your LS1 bone stock or did you do some mods and that T56 u converting the GS to manual
Old 08-18-09, 04:20 PM
CleanS14
Lead Lap

LS1 wiring is all over LS1tech forums... DGR did it but it's not a ton of wires to get it to fire up. I chose a custom 1 piece driveshaft using the Supra rear end.

I will daily drive this car a few times a week so not sure how DD could be a concern? The motor is currently stock - I will get a baseline and then shakedown at the track tomorrow then proceed with the upgrades. I like to step learn since I will be driving this car hard at the track. But I already have the valvetrain done and a cam to go in as soon as I get used to the base.
Old 08-20-09, 01:06 AM
stooky
Pole Position

wow props.. seems you did it again, you sure don't ***** around (: i still got that s14 in mind though!
Old 08-20-09, 02:49 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

What about paniting the headlights a matching green with the wheels....too tacky haha?
Old 08-20-09, 05:42 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that is sick! Great job!
Old 08-23-09, 12:04 AM
wheels 2
Pole Position

Hey i finally got back on.I contacted DGR 2 days after i talked to you and we talked for a little bit he said he's picking up a SC but this was like a week or 2 ago.He said he would call me back now i am just waiting.I was also thinking about the wiring.I hate wiring so i dont know what to really do on how to get the SC cluster to work.But if i had to do it myself how would i go about doing that?So you kind of lost me with the dual ecu thing so would i need to keep the SC ecu?
Old 08-23-09, 09:37 AM
CleanS14
Lead Lap

Dan told me he talked with you... you should really just talk to Dan if you have any questions. Yes you need to keep the SC ECU to run your accessories. Wiring is easy for the LS1's... but there are a ton of places that offer a wiring service. DGR, Daft Industries, Hinson, Blu808... they can all wire up what you need.

For those of you that weren't able to go to FD Sonoma... here's some pics from hellaflush.com

Old 08-23-09, 10:08 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Speachless.......!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-09, 10:38 AM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She is a beauty! Very clean interior setup for a driff car
Old 08-23-09, 10:45 AM
CleanS14
Lead Lap

Yah was kinda sad that people thought it was a show car... but whatever.

Quick Reply: VERTEX | JZS160 Multipurpose Build Street/Track = FUN!!! (PICS)