Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

VERTEX | JZS160 Multipurpose Build Street/Track = FUN!!! (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-09, 07:15 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dat is the man!

please tell me you're doing the 3GS conversion! that would be so sick!
Old 05-22-09, 09:52 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanS14
I'm parting out some of it... check the classifieds I have a thread there. I would suggest removing the a-pillars. It's not that hard just 2 popouts and it's off (use a panel popper so you don't mess stuff up). I don't think you can just yank the headliner out if you look at it you'll have to remove the oh **** handles, sunroof controls, sun visors etc... if I can get more time to get the headliner out today I'll take pics for you. Just have so much other stuff to take off the car and ship that I sold
HAHAHAHA jay i know your parting out some of it....i just bought almost your whole trunk or did u forget already?
see im not trying to remove my a-pillars as i DO have the airbags in my a-pillars...so i was hoping you could remove headliner without having to remove the a-pillars.im ok with removing the oh **** handles, sunroof controls, sun visors and everything as im wanting to swap a sunroof assy (one part of mine is broken, and although it works its bothering me and its cheaper to do the whole assy)
i forgot to ask you jay if u selling the sunroof assy?

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
please tell me you're doing the 3GS conversion! that would be so sick!
that would be very sick just like panda's is but silly to have on a track car as who wants to damage a 5k front end job? unintentionally of course

off topic...this thread SO reminds me of robs build but i haven't seen/heard anything from or about him lately. guess im gonna have to go look and see whats new on that one too

Last edited by sakataj; 05-22-09 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-22-09, 11:44 AM
CleanS14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj
HAHAHAHA jay i know your parting out some of it....i just bought almost your whole trunk or did u forget already?
see im not trying to remove my a-pillars as i DO have the airbags in my a-pillars...so i was hoping you could remove headliner without having to remove the a-pillars.im ok with removing the oh **** handles, sunroof controls, sun visors and everything as im wanting to swap a sunroof assy (one part of mine is broken, and although it works its bothering me and its cheaper to do the whole assy)
i forgot to ask you jay if u selling the sunroof assy?

that would be very sick just like panda's is but silly to have on a track car as who wants to damage a 5k front end job? unintentionally of course

off topic...this thread SO reminds me of robs build but i haven't seen/heard anything from or about him lately. guess im gonna have to go look and see whats new on that one too
Oh that's right... you did buy damn near the whole trunk! LOL Anyhow I'm going to keep the sunroof for street/parking lot pimpin'

As for the front end... I'm not into the conversion. I don't think the front end matches the smoother bodylines of the 2GS. I'll stay true to the 2GS and do it right. That being said... I wouldn't mind having a 3GS and may buy one for the wifey since it's time for a new car for her... we'll see.

Updates from yesterday... more gutting/taking things apart. There's so much stuff under the dash it's funny. I mean they have really nice box covers for loom coils and stuff that Dan and I laughed about the whole time - different from gutting a Datsun/Nissan etc - I guess it's a luxury car thing?

Steering column out... unlike Rob's build ima keep this just cuz I love the auto-mem settings and stuff...

Dashbar... first one we've seen that was pretty much straight... I was going to make one but we'll likely just reuse this one since it mounts up well to the steering column etc... might have to mod it though to work with the cage but we'll see

Supra TT Brake booster/Master Cylinder... the gutting was basically to figure out how to make this work in the car. Going to delete the ABS etc and try and clean up the engine bay

Parking brake pedal/cable assembly... definitely going to replace this with a handle!!! So if anyone needs this for any reason let me know.

Some stuff arrived today says the shipping guys at work... we shall see!
Old 05-22-09, 12:38 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Oh that's right... you did buy damn near the whole trunk! LOL Anyhow I'm going to keep the sunroof for street/parking lot pimpin'

Updates from yesterday... more gutting/taking things apart. There's so much stuff under the dash it's funny.
yeah blond moment huh? dang i need a sunroof assy....

yeah my fav clips when i was taking apart the trunk/interior are the zip ties with the push pin style insert (to bad i couldnt find any at a local auto place.) besides dealer ne1 know where to get them?
Old 05-22-09, 01:17 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

cant wait to see the finished product!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-09, 01:40 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

definitely gonna keep an eye on this one when i pop over from the SC forum every once in a while
Old 05-28-09, 01:43 PM
chubbyGS
Rookie

Jay wassup bro its Lloyd i was wondering when you were gonna start that new project!!!! I had a feeling it was gonna be a lex lol!!!! good shiz bro jay doesn't dissappoint and yesssss you should definetly cop on that 3GS for the wifey i love mine to death!!!
Old 05-28-09, 05:00 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This should be interesting!
Old 05-28-09, 07:14 PM
CleanS14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chubbyGS
Jay wassup bro its Lloyd i was wondering when you were gonna start that new project!!!! I had a feeling it was gonna be a lex lol!!!! good shiz bro jay doesn't dissappoint and yesssss you should definetly cop on that 3GS for the wifey i love mine to death!!!
Yo what up Lloyd! Yah couldn't stay away for that long... but hey we'll see what happens you know how I am with cars LOL

Guys I'm moving all the major updates to my blog just click the FATLACE banner in my sig to get there the direct link is www.fatlace.com/stayfresh/jay/ There will still be some updates here but not as much detail/pics

Playing catch up to this thread - New updates should be there on Sunday... good ones Teaser pic...
Old 05-31-09, 06:13 PM
D.Steezy
Rookie

I think I recall seeing your S's on the fatlace website.
I visit that store every time I am in the Bay.
Old 06-02-09, 12:13 AM
CleanS14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by D.Steezy
I think I recall seeing your S's on the fatlace website.
I visit that store every time I am in the Bay.
Ha good stuff man... yah a few of them were on the blogs and stuff.

What is this... a motor mount for a ?

Man I'm getting excited to drive this thing!!!
Old 06-02-09, 06:26 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chyea! Solidworks?
Old 06-02-09, 08:41 AM
CleanS14
Lead Lap

Yah Solidworks... first mounts should be back Wed then sets will be available for other GS owners that want to do the swap
Old 06-02-09, 09:54 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LS9 LS9 LS9 LS9 LS9 LS9 LS9

hahaha just kidding.

KA24DE-T. Do it.
Old 06-02-09, 10:07 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Yah Solidworks... first mounts should be back Wed then sets will be available for other GS owners that want to do the swap
jay....u got that a/c box i been pm u about?

Quick Reply: VERTEX | JZS160 Multipurpose Build Street/Track = FUN!!! (PICS)