Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My Shine Auto Project Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-09, 09:30 AM
thatWESguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, that came out looking amazing!! Can't wait to see it in person!
Old 08-28-09, 09:39 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

holy **** MOAR PICS!
Old 08-28-09, 11:26 AM
SC34M3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its niiice! they did a damn good job.
Old 08-28-09, 11:29 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

come out to a thursday meet so we can take a peek at it!!
Old 08-28-09, 02:49 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Utu Autobody Repair
3500 Westminster Ave Ste F
Santa Ana, CA 92703
(714) 554-3222

If anyone need referrals, pm me.

He has worked on a few SC's by now so he should know the ins and outs of removing whatever is necessary and fine-tuning the fitment of stuff.
Is this shop on Westminster and Harbor? From the pictures it looks like where I had my Civic painted. Is there a Minh there? If I recalled there are two brothers (who look very much alike) and his mom and dad that owns that shop.
Old 08-28-09, 03:33 PM
fliptrix
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

wow looks great! I'd love to check it out in person! Are you going to be attending "The Pursuit" in Irwindale on 9/27?
Old 08-28-09, 07:38 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Smile

Thanks guys. Here are just some pictures that I snapped up with my crappy HTC G1 cell phone just to give you guys an idea of what the car looks like

I got the exhaust modified yesterday to fit flush with the bumper. Instead of hacking up the nice stainless pipes on the Tanable, the shop hacked up my old crappy OEM pipes and extended it and welded on new hangers for it. The only modification to my Tanabes were chopping off its original nicely welded hangers and that was still a bit painful to watch.

Ahhh no badges! I have already had a couple of people asking me, "what kind of car is it?". One passerby in my neighborhood even asked if its an Acura lol.

I rinsed off the car last night but there is still alot of residue from the rubbing compount so I still need to get her polished on Sunday by a detailer buddy of mine and re-glue my center cap together. I can't wax it atleast for a month until the paint full cures according to Makito.

Originally Posted by gapxguy
Is this shop on Westminster and Harbor? From the pictures it looks like where I had my Civic painted. Is there a Minh there? If I recalled there are two brothers (who look very much alike) and his mom and dad that owns that shop.

Yep, that is the shop

Originally Posted by kohlex
how can i jump on this train? def interested to buy -- taking car to body shop within the month!

I have received many pm's about where to purchase the kit and how much it cost.

The kit can be purchased directly through Shine for $1200 and here is their contact info:

9135 Santa Anita Ave
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730-6144
(909) 477-3499

Ask for Ken or Makito and tell them that Jerry with the red SC referred you. I have been in contact with them before and after purchasing the kit and they are definitely great guys and provide great customer service. Makito is also a very skilled body tech. If you guys are local and if he has time, he can install the kit and do body work on site.

Originally Posted by 96SC4
lookin' good...i like the deep red color. post 'em up after spoiler install!!!
Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
Yeah, that color is definitely the SHIZNIT!!! I think Jerrys going spoilerless, if he woulda went with the spoiler it would of been on during prep work. Plus he's got the 97+ wing for sale on the classifieds...
I ended up not installing the 1997+ spoiler and I sold the Vertex one as well.

If you are referring to the Vertex hood spoiler, he installed it last night!

Originally Posted by fliptrix
wow looks great! I'd love to check it out in person! Are you going to be attending "The Pursuit" in Irwindale on 9/27?
I will be there

Last edited by xknowonex; 08-28-09 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-28-09, 09:28 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

This really came out nice Can the kit be put on at home? Or is there a lot of body work that needs to be done?
Old 08-28-09, 09:42 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still think it needs a spoiler. But other than that, I love the way this thing looks
Old 08-28-09, 09:48 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

WOW..your car looks great. you can't tell if its a knock off or not..Time for a photoshoot and update your sig..
Old 08-28-09, 09:49 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

That kit looks great on your car, I'm very interested in it now. Post some better pics asap BTW I love wingless! The wing on the sc300 really "dates" it imo, and not in a good way.
Old 08-28-09, 09:52 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Default Sick Paint

Jerry,

That color looks sick. I am sure the pix do not do it justice. Seeing it in person with the sun glimering off that Sexy Lexy would. The stance looks perfect in my eyes. Looks like you still need to watch out going up onto a driveway the way it sits now. That Shine Kit looks great too.

Dave
Old 08-28-09, 10:23 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Twan0690
This really came out nice Can the kit be put on at home? Or is there a lot of body work that needs to be done?
Unless you are going to paint it yourself, why would do that?

I don't have any experience with removing panels and bumpers on our cars but I think it did take Shine a good couple hours to install the kit on the test fit car.

Front bumper has no holes so you gotta line it up and make your own holes

The holes on the rear bumper are off so you have to re-drill the holes.

My side skirt rubs when you open and close the door so we had to make a little notch. I might just be my skirt since it was the first one off the mold. The test car did not have to do that.

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
Jerry,

That color looks sick. I am sure the pix do not do it justice. Seeing it in person with the sun glimering off that Sexy Lexy would. The stance looks perfect in my eyes. Looks like you still need to watch out going up onto a driveway the way it sits now. That Shine Kit looks great too.

Dave
Thanks Dave,

Yea those pictures are terrible.

Honestly the color looks really different under different lightning. In the sun, it looks like a deep red burgundy.

I do not plan to lower the car any further. I think I just need either a 10mm or a 15mm spacer for both front and back to flush it out.

I do have to angle my way up and down driveways.

I scraped it out of a driveway on my second day while leaving a shoping center. Luckily, I was already angling and creeping at about 1mph so the scrap is only visible underneath

Last edited by xknowonex; 08-28-09 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-28-09, 11:16 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

It came out great. You need to come out to the South OC meets on Thursday nights.
Old 08-29-09, 01:14 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Came out very nice, great fitment on the kit

Also ,your wheels look better with the kit then I thought they would, good to see you finally got the car looking how you wanted it.

Quick Reply: My Shine Auto Project Build Thread