Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-10, 09:50 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongs
will be there to steal said wheels! lolz!

good stuff marky mark! should have given me a holla. i am still at my shop working on my whip
Gonna have them delivered by Wells Fargo to keep CarbonGS away from the wheels. They will arrive in a motorcade with heavily armed guards.

Tony I will be back next Friday to check out the wheels and go to the SELOC meet. Are you going to the SELOC meet or to Import Alliance on Saturday? I am planning on attending both.
Old 07-10-10, 04:47 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Ok here is the table properly displayed.
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn2378_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn2382_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn2384_small.jpg  
Old 07-10-10, 06:29 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Chin
What shop in Atlanta is doing all your work? Why did you decide to go with that particular shop? You live in AL correct? Even though I know Alabama is close since I go to Birmingham every week for work...
Traffic Jams which is actually in Buford has taken on the project. The body work and paint are being done at a shop which they have basically sub-contracted out to because they don't have a paint booth yet. One of the main reasons I chose that shop is because I have done a lot of work with those guys when they were at AAP Motorsports. They built my supercharger and are familiar with me and the car. Plus my show team president Ron works there.

Yes I live just outside of Birmingham.
Old 07-10-10, 10:10 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Automan
Gonna have them delivered by Wells Fargo to keep CarbonGS away from the wheels. They will arrive in a motorcade with heavily armed guards.Tony I will be back next Friday to check out the wheels and go to the SELOC meet. Are you going to the SELOC meet or to Import Alliance on Saturday? I am planning on attending both.
lol I know peeps that know peeps who deliver stuff for peeps that "borrow" from peeps that deliver for peeps... haha

not sure yet. we've been slammed at the shop so not sure if i will even be able to make it out. been working past midnight for the whole week. just for an example last night (this morning) we were still at the shop at this time working on my car and my car show team mate's mazdaspeed3

hopefully i will get to go to atleast one of those meets
Old 07-10-10, 08:16 PM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is gonna be sick w/the i-pad, new wheels,paint,kit and what not. Everytime I go to Birm.Ala. I think of your car even though I never seen it in person. I might see your ride @ Traffic Jams one of these days?
Old 07-10-10, 09:16 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've said it before...I'll say it again..you is crazy and have mad dedication to your car to tear down a show winner and rebuild again. Most cats would just sell/part out and start with something else. PROPS MAN...
Old 07-11-10, 09:25 AM
Chin
Former Sponsor

lol I know peeps that know peeps who deliver stuff for peeps that "borrow" from peeps that deliver for peeps... haha

not sure yet. we've been slammed at the shop so not sure if i will even be able to make it out. been working past midnight for the whole week. just for an example last night (this morning) we were still at the shop at this time working on my car and my car show team mate's mazdaspeed3

hopefully i will get to go to atleast one of those meets
Now Carbon... what shop do YOU work at? Just curious. What do you do there? I have to come to one of the meets, but I have a bone stock 2003 Sport Design (not much to look at yet). I have been trying to get a tte lip and l-tuned sides for the longest, but it just wont happen. I may decide to just put a full kit on there...
Old 07-11-10, 09:27 AM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Traffic Jams which is actually in Buford has taken on the project. The body work and paint are being done at a shop which they have basically sub-contracted out to because they don't have a paint booth yet. One of the main reasons I chose that shop is because I have done a lot of work with those guys when they were at AAP Motorsports. They built my supercharger and are familiar with me and the car. Plus my show team president Ron works there.

Yes I live just outside of Birmingham.
OK makes sense now... how often are you in Atlanta? I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys soon, maybe some motivation can rub off on me...
Old 07-11-10, 04:15 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

OK makes sense now... how often are you in Atlanta? I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys soon, maybe some motivation can rub off on me...
I'm there as often as I need to be. During the show season I am there whenever there is a show in the area. While they are building my car I will come in to look at progress and bring parts. I will be there again on Friday to check out the new wheels and hopefully attend the SELOC meet. You should come to that.
Old 07-12-10, 07:13 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now Carbon... what shop do YOU work at? Just curious. What do you do there? I have to come to one of the meets, but I have a bone stock 2003 Sport Design (not much to look at yet). I have been trying to get a tte lip and l-tuned sides for the longest, but it just wont happen. I may decide to just put a full kit on there...
Per forum rules I can not advertise on here. I do mostly audio installs and bolt on mods.

I'm there as often as I need to be. During the show season I am there whenever there is a show in the area. While they are building my car I will come in to look at progress and bring parts. I will be there again on Friday to check out the new wheels and hopefully attend the SELOC meet. You should come to that.
You should stop by on Fri Mark! I'll prob be working late.

Last edited by carbongs; 07-12-10 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-12-10, 08:00 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Per forum rules I can not advertise on here. I do mostly audio installs and bolt on mods.

You should stop by on Fri Mark! I'll prob be working late.
How far are you from Traffic Jams?
Old 07-13-10, 08:30 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

How far are you from Traffic Jams?
Well Mark, if you are going to SELOC, you could hit up the shop Tony works at afterwards. It's a straight shot up Ga 400. You could follow me up since I will be going home that way . The shop is a couple of exits further north from where my exit is actually.
Old 07-13-10, 09:09 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by veritek
Well Mark, if you are going to SELOC, you could hit up the shop Tony works at afterwards. It's a straight shot up Ga 400. You could follow me up since I will be going home that way . The shop is a couple of exits further north from where my exit is actually.
I think I will just head home after SELOC we are leaving really early in the morning for IA on Saturday.
Old 07-13-10, 12:57 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

more pics cause 10 pics of the table doesnt help ROFL
Old 07-13-10, 08:36 PM
kimanh
Rookie

can't wait to see this all put back together, what colour u painting the car ? or is that secret too.

Quick Reply: Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography