Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

bryan767's build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-11, 05:25 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey, it's coming along nicely man! I'm glad you were able to find a nice shell to swap your stuff into. Looking forward to the finished product
Old 03-11-11, 05:21 AM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin good, u still gonna use that intake manifold????
Old 03-11-11, 05:53 AM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys. And I decides to sell a bunch of parts I.cluding the Aem and intake mani. I I relocated my battery andall but just needed the money.
Old 03-11-11, 05:27 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

bought:

oil lines to go single
downpipe
manifold
tial 40mm wastegate
hks profec I boost controller - i actually really like this model. i dont need ANOTHER gauge telln me my boost pressure

and i got my new shocks for my trunk! will install tomorrow

i think thats everything! once i get the marlin crawler parts ill have the transmission swapped over at a friends shop. praying next saturday ill hear the car start and run. then the following week, after inspection im going single turbo with all my parts YAYYAYAY
Old 03-11-11, 06:24 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

good luck ----looks like you know what your doing when it comes to cars.

oh and by the way you did amazingly well trading that civic for the lexus.

i have to call the i.q of that person into question here forsure.

good luck on your new sc
Old 03-12-11, 05:01 AM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

damn! i wanted that intake mani too... lol... keep us posted
Old 03-12-11, 07:44 AM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

1WILLY1> thanks man. i really appreciate that comment

pmpdaddyt> haha sorry man, i tell you what though.. it was GORGEOUS! idk if i posted how theres a difference in ebay pelham manifolds and real deal ones.. the real deal ones have smooth castings on the inside for better flow. ebay manifolds leave the runners in the pelham.. so if you think about it draw a rectangle, and then place a cylinder halfway through it.. you should cut off anything on the inside of the rectangle (the manifold in this case) however ebay manifolds leave it there so you have WORSE FLOW THEN STOCK!!!!!!

Fedex came today, said im lookn at about 700 in repairs. luckly it was insured for 1500!
Old 03-13-11, 07:22 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

wellllllll today went like this
3 sockets shattered, extension snapped, 3/8 to 1/2 drive adaptor broken, Tap wrench shattered

I must be to strong for my own good, lol. good news is there all craftsman so ill get new tools tomorrow. i also got the driver side suspension finished with brakes on, however now i need 5mm spacers to run my ls400 brakes. im having a super hard time getting the lower lca bracket off thats furthest back toward the trunk. it just wont budge!!!

good news is all my parts should arrive this week, hoping by this coming weekend i can get the motor swapped in with the rebuilt trans.. it all depends on how long itll take to swap the parts out in the trans
Old 04-07-11, 06:06 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

i had to send the trans away to get rebuilt since i dont have a press, itll be done tomorrow. i finally got the car on all 4 but iv been having problems with fitment with the ls400 brakes. i went from a 5mm to 10mm and now i just ordered a 15mm spacer since the 10 and 5mm spacers combined fit the wheels. i then got my fenders rolled since ill be pretty damn close.

other then that, car is almost done, finished up the interior, got my radio wired in. hoping to get everything in by saturday and spend sunday wiring the mapecu2 and get it running good. then i gota wait till i get paid again to get insurance and tags.
Old 04-22-11, 06:28 AM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

since my last post iv done alot. motors in, rewired my injectors. got my mapecu wired in. i had a issue with a really bad short when i tried connecting the battery terminal. turned out i grounded the cable that was supposed to go to the fuse box. oops.

only things left to do are get my dp cut and rewelded -today, put my oil catch can on, wire my lc-1, and get my auto drive shaft off my old car to mate to my mk3 front half since my black shell was a w58, the rear half is to long.

since the last picture iv clocked the turbo, and installed alot more things. i need to take a updated shot
Old 04-23-11, 07:07 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

worked alot this past weekend. i have everything wired up! i ended up cracking the starter just to make sure my wiring worked.. and it did

next:

radiator fluid
wastegate dump tube wont work. so my buddy is working on welding that
Old 04-24-11, 07:25 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep up the good work on the come back!!!!
Old 04-28-11, 05:03 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

thank you!

i rewired my radio so it works, i gota bypass the amp bc of the interferance. and i removed the airbag light from my dash so i can pass inspection. ob1 ftw.

tomorrow im getting my auto drive shaft from my old car, wiring the reverse lights and putting all the fluids in. saturday ill be doing the fmic piping and tags on monday stoooked
Old 04-30-11, 09:01 PM
snomanlex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good buddy. glad everything has worked out ok
Old 04-30-11, 09:09 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

^ eh. check my new thread on the coolant lines.. heres some new pics though:

almost done the intercooler. problem now is i have water in my head. im not sure i but i believe there is a water hose in a vacuum spot on the head. i thought it was under the throttle body but the more i look at it i dont think that is it. idk. iv changed my oil 4 times now to get the water out. thankfully it didnt hydro lock. its now idling perfectly and it runs ALOT better since iv capped a alleged hose that goes into the TB

the other problem is temperature. my gauge is reading correct (i think) when it warms up but then it goes all the way to H. execpt this is when my car sounds like its running alot better. i dont believe coolant is going through the head because of these three capped hoses. so my temp is goin really high.

please see this thread to see about the coolant lines
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ant-lines.html

Last edited by bryan767; 04-30-11 at 09:14 PM.

Quick Reply: bryan767's build thread