Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Biggu's engine refresher build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-11, 06:04 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking build man Sorry to hear about your stuck situation. I hope you get it worked out and update us on what it was
Old 04-17-11, 07:18 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
I seriously doubt its an engine internal issue. Everything would have to be completely rusted beyond recognition in order to prevent rotation. You could probably drop a bottom end in the ocean for a year and still spin it over with a breaker bar. Binding from improper clearances or component failure may cause non-rotation, but if it spun on the stand I bet its clutch/trans related.
this is what im hoping. Im going to pull the trans off tomorrow and see if I can get it to spin. I know its not internal because it spun complete on the stand. thats why i think its trans related.
Old 04-17-11, 07:41 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i bet that pressure plate is hitting the inside of that r154 bellhousing or something weird.
Old 04-19-11, 05:35 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Welp the engine spins free now! of course the ARP flywheel bolts were just to long and they pressed into the main cap and 2 happened to hit right underneath causing the engine to be seized. Getting them machined down a bit and ill get it put together. Got the cold side inter cooler piping back from the welder and fit it up perfectly. Now im just mocking up where the BOV goes and the IAT sensor then ill get those welded on. Got the hot side piping mocked up and ill be dropping it off at the fabricators to get welded so my have all my piping finished. I think all said and done my inter cooler piping is about 3-4 foot long. pretty awesome if you ask me! downpipe is back as well. So today after work ill be picking up my new billet tensioner bracket for the timing belt since the oem one is known to crack with large cams and ill have that buttoned up along with having everything back on.

All the wiring for the sensors and what not are in the car now, I just need to run some power wires to the back battery to provide the gauges and what not with power and we will be good to go. more pictures to come soon.
Old 04-24-11, 10:12 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Well go the billet timing belt tensioner bracket ive been waiting for on the car and other misc items back intercooler piping is back as well. I got the ATI dampened pully on the car and found out the serpentine belt I have is a bit on the short side. Ive got all the gauges wired up which is what I wanted to do before I started the car and primed the car and then fired it up. The engine runs pretty well, just didnt get to run it very long with out a serpentine belt. Ill get one and get it fired up with a video as well next time.

finally a picture update as well:

PS the billet bracket isnt finished in the picture.

Old 04-24-11, 06:56 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYJ1cj86B68
Old 04-25-11, 07:43 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those ARP things are something. i had a helluva a time helpin a friend put those arp head studs into a 7m last week. not easy! glad u got it all sorted out tho.
Old 04-25-11, 07:45 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Shes alive bro!!! i love it!!
Old 04-25-11, 02:19 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds beast man, congrats! Sup with the popping back though?
Old 04-26-11, 06:30 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Sounds beast man, congrats! Sup with the popping back though?
My guess is the map im running on my AEM is for 370CC injectors and 93 octane where as its starting up with 1000cc injectors, and e85 so its
Old 04-26-11, 03:44 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Build updates Biggu
Old 05-23-11, 08:51 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

So i did a bit of work to the SC on saturday and got alot going on it. I put Redline MTL in the trans, bleed the brakes and found 2 of my connections were loose so no wonder why the brakes sucked, mounted my old E fans since the ones I want are $500 plus these will have to make due and adjusted my clutch so it now engages and disengages as it should. I was able to drive the SC from where the lift is to its parking spot so it was all good stuff this weekend. I ordered a wastegate pipe yesterday so that should help finish up that part, The car still needs the exhaust finished up which should be done in the next few weeks, a tune, intake pipe, upper radiator mounts and then mounting all the gauges and it will be pretty much done and drive able.

I cant say im excited nor not excited i just want to drive the car again...

PS the fans pull a good amount of air and I can still hold my hand in front of the inter cooler from about 2-3 feet away and still feel the air flow. same thing with the oil coolers and this is with out any ducting.

Old 05-23-11, 09:11 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good...
Old 05-23-11, 09:12 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Damn thing sounds pretty beast What kind of cams are you running in there. And I know how ya feel, I too just want to finally drive again.
Old 05-23-11, 09:39 AM
meangreen1
Lexus Test Driver

What AEM are you running?

Quick Reply: Biggu's engine refresher build thread.