Search this Thread

Old 09-08-10 | 06:31 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Its looking nasty man. I cant wait to hear it run with those cams
Old 09-13-10 | 04:23 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

aight so no real updates as I haven't done much to the car. Ive just removed some lines and now starting to figure out the fuel system. plan is to keep stock hardlines run into a -6 an y to a dual feed rail. Issue at hand is that the fitting on the hardline there is no one to make an adapter. now im sure i could go spend the money at driftmotion and get a already done pice but i dont want a SS line, I want the black nylon braded ****. So plan was to just get -6 an tube ends and adapters, reflare the pipe and be done. Now the issue is the stock hardline is not 3/8 nor is it 5/16. its some where in between. FML right?

New plan is that i just dropped off the stock hardline along with the other "fuel dampener line" to my machine shop. I am having made an adapter that will screw into the stock hard line and convert to a -6 AN. If anyone else wants one just let me know i can have more made.

Also i purchased a whole bunch of fire sleeve a few days ago. Im sure theres more i did but thats the most prevailing.

i should be ordering the clutch kit in the next few days but time will tell.
Old 09-14-10 | 04:57 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

You still planning to go with the OS Giken?
Old 09-14-10 | 06:02 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stockhatch
You still planning to go with the OS Giken?
that's the plan,

Exedy can only hold 430TQ which will not be enough for me, Spec is well spec they left a bad taste in my mouth after the last clutch i had and i would hate to have the same issues again. then again they are asking a boat load more for a twin disk as compared to the single so you would think it would be different

OS giken and ORC are both some where in the middle but my dealer can get me the best price on the OS Giken.
Old 09-14-10 | 07:44 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

why did you blockoff the IACV?
Old 09-14-10 | 08:51 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

I am planning on removing it from the system. I may end up keeping it who knows at this point.
Old 09-15-10 | 07:57 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

So im trying to decide what i want to do with the the fuel system. Im pretty sure im going to run e85 but im not sure what to do with the lines, Ideally id really like to use the stock hard lines under the car. Feed and return will be utilized but do they flow well enough for e85 at 600-650 range of power?
Old 09-19-10 | 08:10 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Whether they flow or not isn't the issue with e85. It's the corrosive nature of it that is. E85 is more corrosive than the gasoline at the pumps now even with the 3% ethanol content. But the lines are thin and you don't want a bottleneck effect with your fuel lines. Some -6 line should be fine. But I can't remember off the top of my head what they should be coated with. I want to say Teflon, but I'm not sure.
Old 09-20-10 | 06:50 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Well ive got my fuel system completely planned out finally.

From the reading ive done, There is a select group that says to run teflon braided hose from the tank to the rail and i think i will be doing that.

I was planning on just running jegs brand pro-flow 350 as it says it is compatible with alcohols including methanol. Meth is a lot more corrosive than say ethanol.

Although i did just find a PTFE line thats a decent price. I may just have to use this stuff.

however the plan is to run 2 denso's/ or walbro (although ive heard walbro doesn't like e85) to 2 -8 an bulkheads to the front of the car with 2 8an alcohol fuel filters (jegs brand) directly into a fuel injector clinic fuel rail with fuel injector clinic 1000CC injectors.
Old 09-20-10 | 07:09 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

*Edit* Just ordered 16 foot of -8AN Teflon stainless braided lines for the fuel system. Ill probably be going to jegs today and getting bulkhead fittings, -6an line for the water lines on the turbo along with fittings and fire sleeve. I made my oil return last night but im going to end up redoing it because i want to fire sleeve it.
Old 09-21-10 | 06:52 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

So ive been just doing a few little things on the engine while im waiting on some things. I made my oil drain and both my coolant lines for the turbo along with heat wrapping them all. Ive designed the fuel system for the car as well. I have about 20 foot of PTFE stainless braided fuel hose for the fuel lines from the tank. and i also got bulk head fittings.

I just ordered my fuel rail and injectors today, and should be ordering my clutch today as well. Clutch will be the waiting game as its a 3-4 week lead time on it.

Old 09-21-10 | 07:30 AM
sayayin
Pole Position

I got some questions on how or what parts you use to convert the power steering lines i was planing to do the same I have mess in lines, from factory they have a small oil cooler in the fender it is necessary to have it working? the previous owner eliminate it and connect everything with regular houses and clamp and leaks oils if you could anwer me does question I will appreciate it thanks.
Old 09-24-10 | 07:51 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Powersteering was all custom work.

fuel rail, injectors, and fuel line all got here yesterday. I was expecting dual feeds on the fuel rail but oh well, easier on me to run the bulkheads and what not.

This weekend I plan on degreeing the cams, installing the bulkhead in the fuel lid, running the fuel lines and the other random items that I can do. Now its just a waiting game for the clutch to get here.

Old 09-24-10 | 09:25 AM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Wow this is really inspiring, keep up the good work!
Old 09-27-10 | 07:25 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

so a little bit of work on the car this weekend. I went to jegs and got my fuel filter alcohol compatible so im good with e85, ran the line from the tank to the front, cleaned up some random ****. Most of the time this weekend went into working on the truck and getting it better again. I also ordered more PTFE braided fuel line for my fuel return in -6. I also ordered a 50mm Synapse engineering wastegate so that should be here shortly. I have everything i need to install my engine except the clutch, That should be here in another 2 weeks or so.

Oh also forgot but i degreed the cams this weekend too.

Quick Reply: Biggu's engine refresher build thread.