Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Carfreak's CLEAN SC300 5 speed build shooting for 500WHP+

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-10, 05:54 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Making some progress...Ill update a little bit here

I got some new 275/40/18 rear tires I dont really like them but they were like the only thing in the budget at that time....
I also got some new 245/40/18 BF Goodrich G-force KDW tires. They are awesome! I wish I had gotten them for the back too but oh well.

I also got my oil lines! They werent cheap either! I spend $110 on my little oil setup here....but hey, im not trying to do this cheap.
Here are some pics for ya!

I am actually picking my EMS here soon. I already know who im getting it from and where it is and yes, I actually have the money for it! Im getting the Haltech platinum sport 2000 EMS that was forsale on here. Its also comming with some upgraded injectors, sensors, and wiring harness. I am also getting a new radiator from him. I dont really like the fluidyne that I have so im getting his which has a custom fan setup controlled by the Haltech.

Also I got a new shift boot. My old one was falling apart so I decided to get a clean new one!

here in the next few weeks ill be pulling the motor out to start the turbo conversion! I cant wait, getting nervous about it, but I cant wait at the same time!
Old 06-06-10, 02:37 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

are you reducing the oil pressure for the oil feed?
Old 06-06-10, 01:07 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
are you reducing the oil pressure for the oil feed?
Yes I am. The turbo I have doesnt need much oil at all.
Old 06-06-10, 02:19 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

more info on reduced oil pressure plz thanks i need to do that.
Old 06-06-10, 09:37 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

more info on reduced oil pressure plz thanks i need to do that.
There is a oil restrictor im screwing into the oil feed line right before the turbo and the oil line will connect to it instead of going directly to the flange.
Old 06-08-10, 09:57 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

As of today I am full stand alone! The car runs well, I still have a lot more to do, but its running great! Tomorrow I am going to be putting the interior back together and running some wires under the carpet to make it a clean install. I will be posting up pictures later on tonight!
Old 06-10-10, 01:12 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

oh by the way you dont need a reducer i just talked to turbonetics to verify they said the turbos dont need them unless oil pressure is above 90psi..
Old 06-11-10, 11:53 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

oh by the way you dont need a reducer i just talked to turbonetics to verify they said the turbos dont need them unless oil pressure is above 90psi..
Ah! Thank you sir! I apprecaite the info. I think I might stick it back on there. The guy who ran the turbo on his SC before me had it on there, so I dont wanna change it too much haha
Old 06-11-10, 12:22 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Well here is a substantial update (I would say):
I finally bought my EMS system three days ago. So far I am MORE than happy with it! My friend Jacob had it on sale here not too long ago and I decided to go with Haltech instead of AEM. I am really impressed with it and I am really enjoying the car. It litterally runs like it has a stock ECU in it. The car currently has a very rough tune. It runs great but the tune is basically pure guess because I don't have the wideband hooked up at the moment (which will change very shortly). We only ran into one problem when installing the Haltech in my car. The O2 sensor he had was a screw type because had a newer manifold in it. My car had the two bolt flange type O2 sensor. So I got a custom flange made which looks awesome. The guy who made it is amazing at what he does and is actually going to be making me a custom intake manifold sometime soon. But anyways I LOVE the EMS. I am gald I didn't go AEM after all.
Yesterday I went to put all of the wires away (see pics of how crazy it looked) and put the carpet back and all, and the car wouldnt start and I found out that I blew a fuse. So I put a new one in. Kept blowing them. Litterally 12 fuses later Jacob figured out what it was (and it turned out not to be my fault ) Im just glad it got fixed and the carpet is back with only the fuse block and relays hanging outside of the carpet. Its all going well at the moment! On to the pics!
Start:

Custom made harness:

Installed!

O2 problem!!!!

FIXED!

Thats all for now.
Old 06-11-10, 12:37 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Come bro i wanna see that thing boosting lol, so what else you got left?
Old 06-11-10, 12:44 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by quickGS300
Come bro i wanna see that thing boosting lol, so what else you got left?
ME TOO MAN!!!! I dont have too much left. A few misc nuts and bolts. I need to get some valve cover gaskets ( I think theyre leaking).

Thats all I need to get it boosting.
I really need a new clutch too. I had one lined up to buy, but never got a call back about it and honestly im low on $$ right now so ill call them when I get some more $$ in. I am going on vacation here in 2 weeks so it will be after that unfortunatly. Im getting ready for import alliance. Im going to be boosted by then and if im not im gonna be really pissed!
Old 06-11-10, 01:37 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

well if i were you i wouldnt run a restrictor, cause the oil is fore lube and cooling you dont want to overhead the bearings. intrested int he haltech, read about them before and was reading on the map ecu... crap i dono which to pick lol.
Old 06-11-10, 01:41 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

well if i were you i wouldnt run a restrictor, cause the oil is fore lube and cooling you dont want to overhead the bearings. intrested int he haltech, read about them before and was reading on the map ecu... crap i dono which to pick lol.
Well the guy who had it before me was running it and the car ran really well. Spooled well and everything.

As far as haltech vs mapecu they are polar opposites. The mapecu just gets rid of your maf. The Haltech is a full stand alone system meaning you dont have an ECU anymore. The Mapecu is a piggyback to your ecu I believe. Maybe im wrong, but I dont think its a standalone type computer. The haltech is definatly the way to go as far as im concerned!
Old 06-11-10, 02:09 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep no piggyback EMS is the way to go, GL bro..
Old 06-11-10, 02:11 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

ok been making some calls, im probably gonna go with a map ecu2 haltech and aem are a crap ton of money that i do not have.. LOL

Quick Reply: Carfreak's CLEAN SC300 5 speed build shooting for 500WHP+