94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by megamax
don't abondon us!!!
Im sorry...im not 100% yet
Old 11-04-12 | 04:09 PM
RoyallyGrn
Driver School Candidate

Man I know you have no idea who I am but I was in love with your car before I was even a member on the club. I wanted my car to be everything like yours. I was sad when you got the wheels I wanted but they couldnt have gone on a better car. I hope you get her going with that bad a** 1j, or a 2j, or a 1.5j. I was in love with your 1j. I wanted to build one the exact same. Good luck with whatever you do man if you keep it or not.
Old 11-04-12 | 05:06 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RoyallyGrn
Man I know you have no idea who I am but I was in love with your car before I was even a member on the club. I wanted my car to be everything like yours. I was sad when you got the wheels I wanted but they couldnt have gone on a better car. I hope you get her going with that bad a** 1j, or a 2j, or a 1.5j. I was in love with your 1j. I wanted to build one the exact same. Good luck with whatever you do man if you keep it or not.
Thanks for the kind words sir, Depending on the situation I am in, I may just keep her as a 1JZ and keep saving my bucks, honestly making it faster isnt really big on my priority list, making it more and keeping it reliable , while keeping up with the maintenance is my # one concern...

My goal is to make 700whp and I can do that on just a 1JZ, I dont need a 1.5JZ or 2JZ to make that
Old 11-08-12 | 02:47 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Update Nov.7th 2012
Guys I managed to get a couple hours of work on my motor, i started stripping her down, since i am replacing all the freeze plugs i decided that I am going to pull the head off and get new valve cover gaskets,front main seal,intake and exhaust valve stem seals, replace the headgasket, and just do as much maintenance as possible.

More updates soon guys
Old 11-08-12 | 04:25 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Seeing your build makes me wanna go 1jz. 500 whp works for me.
Old 11-08-12 | 05:50 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I wonder if doing the freeze plugs should be a normal maintenance thing for the 1JZ? This is the first I have ever heard of anyone having problems. Or maybe I have just overloooked the problem in the past. Hang in there Nate. Add cams, and get a retune... More like 550 on 93!!!! I know from experience! BC are the way to go, the downfall is the wait, I think they are back ordered now.
Old 11-08-12 | 02:56 PM
JohnnyB822
Pole Position

Hey man, I think that 2J would be awesome to do, but I can agree with wanting to just fix your block and saving for something else. Maybe paint, and getting rid of that horrid gold badges. I think cleaning it up a bit in and out would make you happy and then go back to making more power and/or going 2J when you have the time and not rushing it. Just my 2 cents. Otherwise seems like you doing pretty good, glad to see the car making some good progress.
Old 11-08-12 | 08:03 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jwin
Seeing your build makes me wanna go 1jz. 500 whp works for me.
Thank you, I appreciate the love

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I wonder if doing the freeze plugs should be a normal maintenance thing for the 1JZ? This is the first I have ever heard of anyone having problems. Or maybe I have just overloooked the problem in the past. Hang in there Nate. Add cams, and get a retune... More like 550 on 93!!!! I know from experience! BC are the way to go, the downfall is the wait, I think they are back ordered now.
Well normally people dont have issues with there freeze plugs, its hit or miss some people do and some dont, basically like a set of jdm stock twins, some are healthy and can take 20psi and some are already blown before you put the motor in the car. The reason for the freeze plug getting a pin hole in it was because of me. Thanks Mark I am taking your advice and jus gonna keep her.
Originally Posted by JohnnyB822
Hey man, I think that 2J would be awesome to do, but I can agree with wanting to just fix your block and saving for something else. Maybe paint, and getting rid of that horrid gold badges. I think cleaning it up a bit in and out would make you happy and then go back to making more power and/or going 2J when you have the time and not rushing it. Just my 2 cents. Otherwise seems like you doing pretty good, glad to see the car making some good progress.
Whats up, Yea 2J does sound promising, but not number one on my priority list, well my dad already promised me that when im ready to get the car painted to let him know because he will pay for the body and paint work, so thats already cover, the reason i havent got it repainted yet was cuz i wanna do 97+ bumpers, also my emblems were black but the paint chipped off due to poor prep work. any suggestions as far as cleaning her up on the exterior and interior??

Im open minded guys
Old 11-20-12 | 10:33 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Whats up guys, sorry I haven't updated this thread much, well the motor is all apart the Head is off and is in good hands getting the valve stem seal put in, disassembled, hot tanked and put back together so basically i will have a new head again.

I dropped the head of at Toby's High Performance in Apopka Fl, this guys knows exactly what hes doing, He has a 600hp gs300 2jz vvti, a 1300hp supra, and is building a 600hp evo for his 15 year old son, of course he will give it to his son when he is responsible enough to take care of it, Toby does all the machine work for Titan Motorsports ,Darin, Jessica Barton, Kings performance ETC

As far as the block goes, I will be pulling the lower oil pan off, clean everything, replace all the freeze plugs, clean the deck surface and piston heads, and paint the block then put everything back together with the new head.

Im feeling pretty excited about this, I miss driving my baby

Here are some pic of the motor all apart without the cams in, I didnt take pics of the motor with the head of but i will when i get it back along with pics before and after the clean up with the block.

Stay tuned!!!

Old 11-20-12 | 11:59 AM
lilSCsteve

Damn Nate, you got some pretty high connections...how much power are you trying to put down? Or is it a secret for now? lol...txt me.

steve
Old 11-20-12 | 03:18 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Start changing the oil on time when u put it back together.

Looks great.
Old 11-20-12 | 05:39 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Damn Nate, you got some pretty high connections...how much power are you trying to put down? Or is it a secret for now? lol...txt me.

steve
Whats up Steve, my goals are still the same 700whp, no secrets here..the motor is basically being refreshed, same parts jus cleaning the head with new gaskets n seals

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Start changing the oil on time when u put it back together.

Looks great.
Thanks Omar, but what makes u think I dont change the oil on time? Remember this is a jdm motor so who knos what it went through in japan..It is in very good condition tho.
Old 11-20-12 | 06:47 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

I run rotella 15w40 diesel oil and 170k+ miles my valve train looks like new and I change my oil every 300 miles or every friday because I dont have an oil cooler.
Old 11-20-12 | 08:56 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

WOW, Once a week?? that's a bit of overkill. i personally would do something like that once(after 300 miles) but not every week.
Old 11-21-12 | 06:19 AM
JohnnyB822
Pole Position

Do you have any interior pics? I went through a few pages but this thread is just to long to go through and find some.

Quick Reply: My Royal Jade Sports Coupe