Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

★★★★★Passnu2 Build Thread★★★★★

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-10, 06:42 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was told by my tech that you need both. The member that had the custom ones made started with one and had to do the 2nd for it to work so I assume this would be the same here. If both need to move together then your doing more harm then anything by changing just one.

I can post back once I take my car in and we can compare to see what you need. One way to find out.
Old 05-01-10, 07:15 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with your tech, Mike. Just look at the way it's all bolted together, it's pretty clear that both should be replaced to allow proper suspension geometry. But again, we'll need to see his results (or yours) before coming to a conclusion. It'll be great to get away with just one!
Old 05-01-10, 07:29 PM
demonds
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is correct. When I got mines done I had to wait another week to make the toe one. The - camber was corrected but the toe was way off. The factory adjustment wasnt enough to fix it. Another arm had to be made wich I think will be the case here aswell Unless you buy all 3 arms.
Old 05-01-10, 07:51 PM
TWong350

Originally Posted by demonds
That is correct. When I got mines done I had to wait another week to make the toe one. The - camber was corrected but the toe was way off. The factory adjustment wasnt enough to fix it. Another arm had to be made wich I think will be the case here aswell Unless you buy all 3 arms.
The second one you made was not for toe adjustment. There is a factory toe adjustment that exists already which is depicted at the VERY RIGHT (depicted with the question mark in photo #2) hand side of this photo. The reason why you needed that second arm was because by adjusting only one of the two upper control arms (Camber arms), you threw the entire geometry off so much that the factor toe adjustment could not get back in spec. By replacing the second upper control arm (Camber arm), it put all things back into place and the factory toe adjustment was then able to get back in spec.

I still question the way yours was done. Compare the two photos. Look at your arm labeled at #2 where it's mounted to the knuckle. Factory control arm is a fork style mount whereas the one you had made is not. Look at it logically and you can see that the entire knuckle assembly is forced to twist counter-clockwise in this photo.

Old 05-01-10, 09:12 PM
demonds
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I had 3 arms made, I never got to put updated pics of the 3rd one. We firts did the two upper ones thinking that the factory toe adjusment would be enough but after installing the two upper ones we found out it wasnt the case. They had to make a new one for the toe, the one that you have label with the question mark. So, I ended up with 3 in order to fix it completly.
Old 05-01-10, 09:50 PM
TWong350

desmonds...curious, how low is your car? can you please post pics? I just can't see why the factory toe arm would not be enough. boggles my mind
Old 05-01-10, 10:15 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was advised that you will need both in order to adjust the camber correctly. You also will need the toe arm. All in all to correctly adjust everything you will need all 3. the upper and lower camber as well as the toe adjustment.
Old 05-02-10, 09:28 AM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Megan Racing offers a total of 4 different bars for the isx50. Which one do we not need is the question. I see the follow 4 below. I know the first 2 camber kits and the toe bar is what we need but whats the other one for? Is it really needed?

Rear Camber Kit

Rear Adjustable Upper Arms Model MR-6715

Rear Toe Control Arms Model MR-6713

Rear Adjustable Traction Arms Model MR-6714
Old 05-02-10, 01:46 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

you need all but the last one...at least that is what I was told and purchased. The last is for something different and I dont recall. It may say on the web site if you check.
Old 05-03-10, 06:02 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

UPDATE!!

took my car to the alignment shop. I only replaced the one camber bar and was able to achieve what I wanted. I am sitting at -4 camber in the rear and they were able to adjust the toe to 0.14 which is in specified range of 0.4 to 0.20
Old 05-03-10, 06:05 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Did they give you any print outs? I still dont see you can adjust one of the arms? My car is still sitting in the same spot it was 45 days ago...so I have no updates on how the suspension worked out for mine.

Did you have them correct this with the car at ride height? or when its slammed??
Old 05-03-10, 06:20 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

They did it at ride height. Before the camber my rears were sticking out about 2 inches. yes they did give me print outs. i dont have a scanner so i took the best pics of it that I can.

Here are some pictures and videos.

Old 05-03-10, 06:22 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im assuming that it would be set at ride height since he cant really go anywhere far riding slammed.. this is awesome.. thanks for doing the footwork guys! now about those fronts.. get my car back this weekend and arms will be ordered shortly after for them fronts.. will let you all know how it goes
Old 05-03-10, 06:23 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spoke too soon.. and looking at your sig, seems like i read the matrix!! good job tommy! haha jk im a dork
Old 05-03-10, 06:24 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

i am sure if I want MORE camber then I would need to get the other camber arm and toe bar.

Quick Reply: ★★★★★Passnu2 Build Thread★★★★★