Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

800WHP,SC300, 2JZ,V160, PROEFI, BW S372, Flex Fuel etc...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-10, 12:58 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can email you the excel spread sheet if youd like. I just dont know how to host an excel spread sheet on here.
Old 11-16-10, 01:35 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
I can email you the excel spread sheet if youd like. I just dont know how to host an excel spread sheet on here.
Yes please send it maybe i will just trying it thanks.
omar5989@fitzmall.com
Old 11-16-10, 02:26 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by quickGS300
omar5989@fitzmall.com
thanx fellas
Old 11-16-10, 03:56 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I traced all the pins from the Trans to the body plugs from body to dash from dash to cluster man i am really tired of messing with them wires, i have been working on this car for the longest ever atleast 7months lol.
We are going to install the stock 95 harness in the car once the issue is revolve we will just run a 97 cluster with the pigtails.
It will be easy for me to swap the harness than trying to trace and rewire that's just me... Just like pulling a trans out off my SC i would rather pull the whole motor out with the trans on it about 45min lol.

The cluster maybe from an SC400 who knows ? he doesn't know what year it came out of !!! I can check the part# with the other SC4 cluster my buddy has.
I must finish this car , got a couple of projects waiting ........
I hear ya man. Sounds like you covered everything. It could be a cluster issue.
Old 11-16-10, 11:44 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

omar5989@fitzmall.com
Sent sorry it took a while. Ive been on cod black ops.
Old 11-17-10, 08:57 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

how can we test the cluster speedometer to check is working properly without installing it in another car...?
Old 11-17-10, 09:36 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Putting it in another car would be the easiest. Unless you have a signal generator and know what amplitude, frequency etc to feed it...
Old 11-17-10, 06:28 PM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

I'm trying to do the exact same swap on my 96 5spd. I'm not looking to have the car down for no seven months. So if you could do it all over again, what would have been done differently? I'm sourcing motor and tranny from eBay for $5k, gathered from this post I know I need the following: custom driveshaft, supra tt rear end and driver side rear axle, harness done by phoenix tuning....am I leaving anything out? I don't want this swap taking longer than 2 weeks. And sorry for thread jacking
Old 11-18-10, 06:05 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Lol This is 1 day swap for me i do this kind of stuff all the time, almost every week end.
It's (1) day swap if you have everything, it took longer with this one because we didn't keep the car stock, he have been changing stuff left and right, it's a long story lol i don't wanna get into it.
I did the wiring so that's another reason , but it was only like 2 days for the harness.

Don't buy a $5K engine off ebay please don't do it, and you will thank me later.
Old 11-18-10, 08:06 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Lol This is 1 day swap for me i do this kind of stuff all the time, almost every week end.
It's (1) day swap if you have everything, it took longer with this one because we didn't keep the car stock, he have been changing stuff left and right, it's a long story lol i don't wanna get into it.
I did the wiring so that's another reason , but it was only like 2 days for the harness.

Don't buy a $5K engine off ebay please don't do it, and you will thank me later.

naw go ahead and get into it. Ill let you type that up....so whats the update on hulk!!!!

Last edited by FUZION; 11-18-10 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-18-10, 05:56 PM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

They have a great seller rating and it comes with 6spd tranny, if you have a better idea I'm all ears
Old 11-18-10, 06:02 PM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

So to make this thread especially useful please make an exact list of everything that be needed to make this a perfect quick swap.
Old 11-18-10, 11:28 PM
afrrealty
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4thHorsemn
I'm trying to do the exact same swap on my 96 5spd. I'm not looking to have the car down for no seven months. So if you could do it all over again, what would have been done differently? I'm sourcing motor and tranny from eBay for $5k, gathered from this post I know I need the following: custom driveshaft, supra tt rear end and driver side rear axle, harness done by phoenix tuning....am I leaving anything out? I don't want this swap taking longer than 2 weeks. And sorry for thread jacking

I'm in the middle of my swap too. I'll comment on it as soon as I get mine running. I have good help...well they're doing everything, so unless the motor is junk, it should be all good. Wish me luck!
Old 11-19-10, 07:17 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

They have a great seller rating and it comes with 6spd tranny, if you have a better idea I'm all ears
So to make this thread especially useful please make an exact list of everything that be needed to make this a perfect quick swap.
So what are you saying? this thread is not useful?
Just be a little patient please, and if you can't be patient hit the search botton and you will see what's needed for this swap...Whatever is needed for the swap is already listed in some of the previous post on this thread.

Speedometer is working , tach is also working after replacing the
2000 SC400 harness with a 95 SC300 Dash Harness.
You can use an SC4 Cluster on GTE swap but the tach moves faster it's not accurate, so the Tach will be OFF.

On the newer style cluster i didn't have to jump any resistor to get the tach to work but with the 95 harness and cluster i had to jump the R109 resistor to get the tach to work.

So far for the swap you will need these fiollowing parts
Custom DS from Snap performance
GS400/430/ 98+SC400/01+SC430 98+LS /01+LS430 they will all work 3.26 gear.
If you go with Supra 6sp 3.16 gear diff you will need (1)axle not sure what side but maybe "Cherplex" can shime in.
You will cut into your Tunnel.
If you have any questions just post them here i will try to answer them at the end i will get the mods sticky the thread with all the info.
I can't remember everything it's too early sorry.
Old 11-19-10, 08:40 AM
countrygre
Rookie

i think he will need the left side axle, mr rich from majesticmotorsports told me so, give them a called and ask for richard.

Quick Reply: 800WHP,SC300, 2JZ,V160, PROEFI, BW S372, Flex Fuel etc...