Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

800WHP,SC300, 2JZ,V160, PROEFI, BW S372, Flex Fuel etc...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-10, 07:38 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like RX7 rage said the trans is LOUD, alot fo claking and banging etc goin on with this trans...i dunno feels like a broken honda tranny....j/p

Last edited by FUZION; 12-01-10 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-01-10, 08:13 AM
afrrealty
Rookie

Originally Posted by quickGS300
Let me check on that for you sir, another member asked me the same question last week, but i have been so busy trying to finish the Supra, been pulling alot of last night the past couple of days.
Next monday i will have the answer and fix for you guys, please give me sometime.
Worked last night till 1:00 am on the Supra and still have to figure some stuff out.
Thanks bud!
Old 12-01-10, 02:28 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

what can i do about my washer bottle?
Old 12-03-10, 10:36 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Update:

I have a lil bit of oil spraying out the couple on the pass side fmic pipe under the hood right next to the intake.....gotta get this exhaust done asap
Old 12-03-10, 10:47 AM
afrrealty
Rookie

Originally Posted by FUZION
Update:

I have a lil bit of oil spraying out the couple on the pass side fmic pipe under the hood right next to the intake.....gotta get this exhaust done asap
Are your turbo seals leaking? I think mine are/were too cuz there was oil in the hot side of my fmic pipe too. I think they're leaking a bit still cuz I can smell a lil bit in my exhaust but it's not like before I don't think.
Old 12-03-10, 11:08 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by afrrealty
Are your turbo seals leaking? I think mine are/were too cuz there was oil in the hot side of my fmic pipe too. I think they're leaking a bit still cuz I can smell a lil bit in my exhaust but it's not like before I don't think.
Yup that's the first thing i said.

Fuzion i can check it for you but it's gonna be next week monday i will come to your job and pick up the car, i can't do anything this weekend i must finish the Supra this weekend it has to be done then i have to do some major work on my GS300, need brake and suspension work.

Fuzion i think it's time for Single Turbo, my 1JZ did the same.
Old 12-06-10, 07:36 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Yup that's the first thing i said.

Fuzion i can check it for you but it's gonna be next week monday i will come to your job and pick up the car, i can't do anything this weekend i must finish the Supra this weekend it has to be done then i have to do some major work on my GS300, need brake and suspension work.

Fuzion i think it's time for Single Turbo, my 1JZ did the same.
the car is at piper motorsports here in dulles to get all the suspension componets checked out and then i will go from there to see what needs to be done as far as bushings tie rods etc etc...
Old 12-06-10, 12:35 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Update:Problems found were...
-bump stop missing on right rear shock
-rear sway bar bushings and end links need to be replaced
-rear trailing arm bushings need to be replaced
-Driver side rear shock is worn/blown but not leaking??
-Differential bushings are very soft and should be replaced
-power steering rack leaking fluid from front ds boot
-oil pan and sensor leaking oil
-alignment needed after new suspension and bushings installed

so where can i find the bushings for these cars besides TM Engineering?

Last edited by FUZION; 12-06-10 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-21-10, 02:37 PM
afrrealty
Rookie

Finally posted up pix from my swap in a new thread if anyone cares lol:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-swap-pix.html
Old 12-24-10, 10:52 AM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah i heard the same thing, but you busted that myth huh.
That is not a myth. The reason people change out the trans tunnel is because the early SC300s (92-94) have the shifter hole about 3 inches or so more forward. Obviously you can just extend the hole but the "proper" method would be to replace the tunnel.

Thanks that's what i thought but i wasn't 100% sure.

You will only need the TT axle if you are using 6 speed diff.
This is true but the catch is ALL TT axles are thicker then the NA axles. It's just that with the 220mm USDM 6SPD diff you need left axle to physically fit the car. But if you are going to do the swap "properly" then you need to replace your NA axles anyways.

Last edited by account2x; 12-24-10 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-24-10, 11:38 AM
afrrealty
Rookie

Is the USDM 6spd diff a different size than the JDM 6spd diff? I have a JDM one and wanna get TT axles, but they're Hella hard to find. I was told that you can make regular SC axles fit but it's a ******...but it's easier if you bolt the axles to the rearend while it's on the ground. Then you just install the whole assembly after that. Any ideas?
Old 12-24-10, 11:41 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by account2x
That is not a myth. The reason people change out the trans tunnel is because the early SC300s (92-94) have the shifter hole about 3 inches or so more forward. Obviously you can just extend the hole but the "proper" method would be to replace the tunnel.

This is true but the catch is ALL TT axles are thicker then the NA axles. It's just that with the 220mm USDM 6SPD diff you need left axle to physically fit the car. But if you are going to do the swap "properly" then you need to replace your NA axles anyways.
another swap guru....good the more the better......would my soft going bad diff bushings cause alot of clanking and banging in the trans area....??
Old 12-24-10, 11:42 AM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by afrrealty
Is the USDM 6spd diff a different size than the JDM 6spd diff? I have a JDM one and wanna get TT axles, but they're Hella hard to find. I was told that you can make regular SC axles fit but it's a ******...but it's easier if you bolt the axles to the rearend while it's on the ground. Then you just install the whole assembly after that. Any ideas?
EDIT: Correction the early JDM did have the 220m ring gear differential. In short they just downgraded to the 200mm ring gear differential a few years before the America production stopped. So for axles you will need to find out what size diff you have. 220mm or 200mm. The TT right axle's are the same either way but the left depends on the size. For 220mm diff you want the USDM 6 speed axle, for 200mm you want to the USDM TT auto axle.

Problem is they cost like 340 new a piece so it would probably just be cheaper to find an importer who can get you the JDM axles.
another swap guru....good the more the better......would my soft going bad diff bushings cause alot of clanking and banging in the trans area....??
I have experienced on the SC400 loose bolts connecting the cat to the exhaust pipe transmitting a clinking sound to the bell-housing area but I don't know is the diff bushings could cause the samething.

Last edited by account2x; 12-25-10 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-24-10, 11:54 AM
afrrealty
Rookie

Originally Posted by account2x
I can't say 100% that no JDM diffs came in 220m ring gear but from what I am aware off they are all 200mm ring gear diffs; same size as the our USDM NAs and the USDM TT Auto diff. Thus the Supra TT Auto axles should fit and according to the part numbers they are the same.
Hmmm...that's pretty interesting! I guess it's safe to assume an SC300 is 200mm as well? It's crazy how the US Supra is so much Beefier than the JDM one in many ways. Guess it makes sense to skimp on a market like Japan where it's cars are treated like disposable appliances though.

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-05-11, 11:18 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So how is the SC running? just checking to make sure everything is Ok with the car.

Quick Reply: 800WHP,SC300, 2JZ,V160, PROEFI, BW S372, Flex Fuel etc...