Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

Scarface VIP project!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-10, 10:23 PM
vipman806
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah I think I'll stick to the VIP Project and slowly work on it to get the fun out of the work. I have the patience to do this, afterall I'm still a bit young to blow money off all at once. It's no fun to throw everything on at once.
Old 09-01-10, 10:05 AM
GIOGS300
Rookie

The car is looking great bro. I wonder what crazy stuff you would've done to the car if you went the other route you wanted to go. Hmmmmmm I can see it now. LOL
Old 09-02-10, 11:40 AM
Cuban GS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont want to thread jack so ill continue the story here =/

Originally Posted by Cuban GS
okay soo..

i followed all the steps even pulled out the thermostat! it actually ran GREAT and colder than ever! first made a stop at a ATM, then a brazilian restaurant about 20 mins away, the whole time with the a/c blowing COLD! then drove to a gelato spot afterwards! everything was great! on the way i decided to stop by a local firestone with some nice lighting to snap some new pics of the Lex and i can hear the reservoir bubbling! my wife took some pics and we let the Lex cool down! then in about a 5 min ride home to the house the needle hits H! i was like WTF! that was last night then today i tried driving it to the mechanic and barely made it back to the same firestone, except this time i can clearly see coolant spewing from the engine! it was right around where the thermostat is so i thought maybe i left something loose but nope!

whats the going rate for a 2jz swap these days? not sure if its a coincidence but there is a 2jz from an aristo in japan that is sitting next to my car at the shop! it is for a supra project they have coming up unless it goes in my Lex first! 2jz and auto mMmmm! hehe
the shop is CarTune in San Diego! quoted me 6k for everthing fully running! 2JZGTE w/ automatic tranny!
Old 09-02-10, 01:30 PM
Aristoman
Driver

Very good deal!. performance will be night and day compared to the GE. Good luck

Edit: 6K including the Engine and Tranny right?
Old 09-02-10, 06:40 PM
Cuban GS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Aristoman
Very good deal!. performance will be night and day compared to the GE. Good luck

Edit: 6K including the Engine and Tranny right?
yup! im still considering whether to do it or not!

theres more of these on my blog and flickr! but heres the good one!

Old 09-03-10, 12:15 AM
vipman806
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cuban gs
yup! Im still considering whether to do it or not!

theres more of these on my blog and flickr! But heres the good one!

oh nooooo!! The tow truck ran off with your car!! Haha whip out the m4 with the eotech holo!!
Old 09-03-10, 11:28 PM
OG_Mellow
Rookie

looking great!
Side question: who did you talk to about changing your SN?
Old 09-03-10, 11:36 PM
GIOGS300
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cuban GS
dont want to thread jack so ill continue the story here =/

the shop is CarTune in San Diego! quoted me 6k for everthing fully running! 2JZGTE w/ automatic tranny!
6k for an auto. Is it stock? For some reason that sounds a little pricey dude. Call other shops and see what they would charge. Personally I woudve done the swap than the airrunner but thats just me.
Old 09-04-10, 01:58 PM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If its stock, that is pricey but hey the shops gotta make their 50% cut..if you ask me honestly. I would do the swap myself if you have a garage. lets say the total price would be 3,000$ with new parts installed(electric fans, etc). and you got another 3,000$ for all kinds of stuff. and the best part is when somethign goes wrong you will know what it is because you were the one to install everything. I mean I just saw an add for a rebuilt 2jzge installed for 1,395 complete. Granted that out here in Pomona, but that's 4,605$ savings. And it seems with the 2jzgte swap, the key thing s that extending of the harness another 27"-30" or so. If you ask me I would do the soldering, and if that is too do on your stock harness, buy the 2- Molex Connector equivalents and make a plug & wire extension outside of the car. If your still scared pay someone the $350 for a 2jzgte converted harness, and follow the step by step 2jzgte install walk through here on clublexus.com.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ap-thread.html
Old 09-04-10, 05:26 PM
vipman806
Pole Position

I was thinking of doing a swap before I do anything else with car but the motor I have right now is still really good, only thing that's bad are my oxygen sensors.
Old 09-05-10, 02:24 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My buddy was looking at a stock GTE swap and had several quotes in the 6-8k range for a turn key basically stock running car. You might see what motor upgrades you'd like to fast forward to besides just a stock block. If you have plans to go single etc. it might be a good time to price that out and do it all at once.
Old 09-07-10, 07:38 PM
Cuban GS
Lead Lap

if everything goes according to plan i will be picking it up from CarTune tomorrow and officially move to Long Beach in thursday! sorry guys no swap yet! hehe

here are some more pics!

Old 09-07-10, 10:20 PM
VIPdaily
Pole Position

lookin good man, when you move up here, lets meet up.. are you just replacing the head gasket for now?
Old 09-07-10, 10:29 PM
Cuban GS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VIPdaily
lookin good man, when you move up here, lets meet up.. are you just replacing the head gasket for now?
for sure bro! the head just got back from the machine shop today LOL! they are planning to have it done by tomorrow for pickup! from my understanding they changed everything but the block! ill have the invoice tomorrow hopefully!
Old 09-07-10, 10:33 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Love that 1st gen GS bro props great job

Quick Reply: Scarface VIP project!