Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

TX Mode Parfume stage 3...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-11, 09:34 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

good stuff thomas... glad this is getting closer to seeing daylight man!
Old 07-16-11, 10:18 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, coming along well. Love the interior color.
Old 07-17-11, 09:39 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

well, since you bumped this...here's a little update. These are original factory 01 tails with the lens removed...will be full LED including reverse and turn signals with the factory Toyota lens put back on.

Last edited by speedaddic; 09-22-11 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-17-11, 09:43 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

removed...

Last edited by speedaddic; 07-23-11 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-17-11, 10:09 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

MOARRR LEDS! haha. lookin good sir.
Old 07-17-11, 10:45 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
well, since you bumped this...here's a little update. These are original factory 01 tails with the lens removed...will be full LED including reverse and turn signals with the factory Toyota lens put back on.

interesting....well least someone finally succeeded. did you dremel them? heat them? any cracks to the lens or the housing?
Old 07-18-11, 04:29 PM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
you know I'm into customs too right? This is my 39 Chevy I've had for 7 years now...

THIS IS BAD ***

Originally Posted by sakataj
interesting....well least someone finally succeeded. did you dremel them? heat them? any cracks to the lens or the housing?
Im going to guess he used a cut-off tool because there is one in the lower right portion of the picture. ... This build is so cool.....
Old 07-19-11, 11:00 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by breadbeat
Im going to guess he used a cut-off tool because there is one in the lower right portion of the picture. ... This build is so cool.....
i thought thats what that was....it appears he's using a generic circuit board with LED's on it, im curious to see if he will put in some more "generic" style boards on the side for the secondary brake light and for the turn signals/brake lights.

where you at thomas you cant post this and then not talk about it.....from the guy who always posts he hates teasers
Old 07-19-11, 11:56 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

deleting this...

Last edited by speedaddic; 07-23-11 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-19-11, 05:41 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

damn thomas, you weren't supposed to leak those. i guess i'll go ahead and explain, at least up to where we are now. this is our second attempt. thomas originally sent a pair of tails when we did his headlights. he was really set on doing the newer tails, probably because no one has successfully done them, so i did some research and went at it. i've done lots of led/lighting projects from various makes/models and have never met a light i coulldn't open... until these. it turns out you really can't open these using heat. i ended up breaking one of the first ones to confirm what was going on. the lights use what looks to be an epoxy which will not soften with heat.

i accepted failure and sent them back (with a replacment of course) but thomas didn't give up. after some time had passed he asked again and i accepted the challenge. i still had the broken light so i did some test cuts on that one. what ended up happening is the housing is cut open and will be plastic welded back together, then refinished to hide the surgery. a couple pieces actually have to be trimmed off before you get to the part of the housing you need to cut.

as for the boards, the one pictured is regular copper clad punch board. it will not look like this when i'm done, this was just the design phase. the reverse willl be done using the same board, while the turns will be flexable to match the contour of the signal section. the brake leds will be red-orange lumiled superflux, turns will probably be amber crees, and the reverse will probably be stupid bright white superflux style leds from my chinese supplier. dimming wil be handled via an optidrive pwm.
Old 07-19-11, 05:43 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

oh, car looks great btw thomas, haven't seen some of these updates.
Old 07-19-11, 11:45 PM
airmax
Pole Position

hey i know im late and "off topic" but how do you like your neo gens? have you been running them long? you run any kind of stretch on them? sorry for all the questions, ive been wanting to know for a little while and no one has been able to help with the questions i have lol
Old 07-20-11, 12:13 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Mike, that's awesome work! I always, always wanted to see something like this. I love the look of the 01-05, but never found LED types. Can't wait to see the finished results.
!
Old 07-20-11, 01:10 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
as for the boards, the one pictured is regular copper clad punch board. it will not look like this when i'm done, this was just the design phase. the reverse willl be done using the same board, while the turns will be flexable to match the contour of the signal section. the brake leds will be red-orange lumiled superflux, turns will probably be amber crees, and the reverse will probably be stupid bright white superflux style leds from my chinese supplier. dimming wil be handled via an optidrive pwm.
hmm interesting....i thought about buying some black boards and with some resistors making my own also but i didnt know what to do with the lense since to get it off, i broke it...

im def curious on this and will stay on it. i want a set if you end up successfully completing this. you gonna do the inners also?

subscribed....

Last edited by sakataj; 07-20-11 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-20-11, 01:48 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

removed post

Last edited by speedaddic; 07-23-11 at 11:01 PM.

Quick Reply: TX Mode Parfume stage 3...