Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

TX Mode Parfume stage 3...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-11, 01:53 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dam, this is gettin real serious, had to subscribe to this. Thomas is doing it big!
Old 07-20-11, 05:51 PM
chknlittle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u sir are setting a new standard for a build thread. Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 07-20-11, 06:24 PM
BIGMerle
Pole Position

setting the bar high....gl and nice build!
Old 07-20-11, 07:01 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
hmm interesting....i thought about buying some black boards and with some resistors making my own also but i didnt know what to do with the lense since to get it off, i broke it...

im def curious on this and will stay on it. i want a set if you end up successfully completing this. you gonna do the inners also?

subscribed....
i gotta ask why and where would you get black boards. i've never seen them and most of the time i wouldn't really want them since they will be dark behind the lens. lighter colors take on the red/amber tint. still would be nice to have the option.

i'm not sure how many of these i'll be doing. stuff like this i really just do for certain customers. thomas is one of my favorite cats to work with (for obvious reasons) so i don't mind doing super tedious stuff like this every now and then but it really does take the enjoyment out of my job right up until they are done.

oh course money talks...
Old 07-20-11, 08:30 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no money...Mike is dope at what he does. Birds of a feather...
Old 07-21-11, 12:52 AM
airmax
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Nick, I haven't had time to put any miles on this car yet. I drove to Houston once with the new wheels and that's it. Parked it to work on it some more. Running a 20x9 with a 225/30 and a 20x10 on 245/30 if I remember correctly (been so long since I've checked)
ahh i see. pretty mild stretch, im looking more on a 215/35 on a 9 and a 245/35 on an 11. o wellz i'll stick to my generals. cant wait to see your car at wekfest homie, unless you bring it down for taillamp install lolol in which case i would hope to get a phone call to meet you up.
Old 07-22-11, 11:23 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
i gotta ask why and where would you get black boards. i've never seen them and most of the time i wouldn't really want them since they will be dark behind the lens. lighter colors take on the red/amber tint. still would be nice to have the option.

i'm not sure how many of these i'll be doing. stuff like this i really just do for certain customers. thomas is one of my favorite cats to work with (for obvious reasons) so i don't mind doing super tedious stuff like this every now and then but it really does take the enjoyment out of my job right up until they are done.

oh course money talks...
sorry, i meant BLANK not black boards.... well im interested in a set...
Old 09-21-11, 11:46 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Got a call from JPI this morning. Jason wanted to talk to me about my thread and wanted to make things right. We talked for a good 45 minutes and he and I have agreed on an amount to help with the fees I paid to redo things. I've never had a problem with Jason as a person and his business morals are A+ in my opinion. What shop would even bother to call a customer after 4 years of doing the work and offering to make things right? Most shops would start a back and forth post that would lead into he say she say. Or some wouldn't even bother replying. For the most part, our communication could've been better. Thanks Jason.
Old 09-21-11, 11:59 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Got a call from JPI this morning. Jason wanted to talk to me about my thread and wanted to make things right. We talked for a good 45 minutes and he and I have agreed on an amount to help with the fees I paid to redo things. I've never had a problem with Jason as a person and his business morals are A+ in my opinion. What shop would even bother to call a customer after 4 years of doing the work and offering to make things right? Most shops would start a back and forth post that would lead into he say she say. Or some wouldn't even bother replying. For the most part, our communication could've been better. Thanks Jason.
thats good news thomas, glad to hear. does this satisfy you? would you return to getting work from them is a big ? and whats the status of those tails man?

BTW WB u staying this time?
Old 09-21-11, 12:05 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome back Thomas!

Ready to begin your rant on about Fusa's and Pretzels again?
Old 09-21-11, 12:10 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Welcome back Thomas!

Ready to begin your rant on about Fusa's and Pretzels again?
for the record, I never ranted...LOL. I just stated a fact.
Old 09-21-11, 02:07 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

how about some updated pics?

interior design:

center console, pleats will go to the end

wire tuck in progress:

Last edited by speedaddic; 09-21-11 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-21-11, 02:09 PM
Bnastyy
Lead Lap

^^ saw that on FB, so dopee
Old 09-21-11, 02:13 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

yeaaaa one of my inspirations is back
Old 09-21-11, 02:18 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

LED's for factory 2001 up tails...

This pic shows the cuts made to open the tails. You'll notice that a piece was removed in order to get to the actual part that need to be cut. This will all be plastic welded back together.

projector fog mod

Last edited by speedaddic; 09-21-11 at 02:35 PM.

Quick Reply: TX Mode Parfume stage 3...