Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 09:22 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been telling people this for like 9 years now...lol....nothing like a boosted lexus...all the luxury and spped together in one
Old 01-12-07, 12:46 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should have made them like this from the factory, LOL.
Old 01-12-07, 01:48 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This will be a sticky soon, don't worry---
Old 01-13-07, 03:28 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie
They should have made them like this from the factory, LOL.
Damn right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan
Old 01-13-07, 11:36 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Damn right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan
LOL, it would have saved you a whole lot of time and effort
Old 01-13-07, 04:23 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Richie
LOL, it would have saved you a whole lot of time and effort
but not nearly the satisfaction ... not to mention bragging rights.
Old 01-20-07, 04:18 PM
wannasupra
Driver School Candidate

well at least stay the hell out of the shop til my motor is back in. my insurance is only gonna cover my rental for another week and a half. frank told you about the guys who stole the evo rims and **** from the shed outside, right? well, they took a bunch of parts off of my car, and put dirt INSIDE the injecor bosses. so please, do me a humungous favor, smoke a bowl and put the motor swap on hold for a week or so. that damn lex is gonna be so nasty with the new motor and a tune. although i'm sure i'm not looking forward to it as much as you are.
Old 01-20-07, 04:27 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

This thread is making me really freakin anxious already--

I can't wait to see the vid's, pics, and dyno sheets, and battle stories about porsches that didn't see it coming, and vettes that smirked at you, then watched as you smoke him while having traction problems-- This is going to be very cool.

Waiting--
Old 01-20-07, 04:52 PM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MJHSC400

I can't wait to see the vid's, pics, and dyno sheets, and battle stories about porsches that didn't see it coming, and vettes that smirked at you, then watched as you smoke him while having traction problems-- This is going to be very cool.

Waiting--
ditto!
Old 01-20-07, 09:10 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wannasupra
well at least stay the hell out of the shop til my motor is back in. my insurance is only gonna cover my rental for another week and a half. frank told you about the guys who stole the evo rims and **** from the shed outside, right? well, they took a bunch of parts off of my car, and put dirt INSIDE the injecor bosses. so please, do me a humungous favor, smoke a bowl and put the motor swap on hold for a week or so. that damn lex is gonna be so nasty with the new motor and a tune. although i'm sure i'm not looking forward to it as much as you are.
What Shop??? Frank, who??? It has been so long since I have been in the shop, I have nearly forgotten about it... Just kiddin...

Yeah, I heard about those damned thieves...I certainly hope they get what is coming to them...and soon. Hate thieves...

Yeah, the motor swap is coming soon, very, very soon. Sorry guys for not being able to post up a dyno on the stock engine, but I do suspect it is capable of 500 RWHP or so, if properly tuned...I have what appears to be an oil pump failure. As soon as the engine warms up, I start losing oil pressure. So, it is not worth putting in a new pump, for only a week or two, especially when I would take it out almost immediately, because then the car goes back under the knife, and the engine gets mock assembled, clearance checked, final assembly, and then installed. I am installing all new internal parts on the built engine, even though my water pump has less than 10,000 miles on it, as well as the timing belt. Of course the oil pump is the original one, and that will not see its way into the new engine. Man, it's really expensive doing all of this, but, I will truly have a new engine. And a new transmission.

I will take pics of the final build, and post them up as we go....

Ryan
Old 01-20-07, 09:18 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MJHSC400

Waiting--
Yeah, I am looking forward to seeing their jaws drop in horror and disgust too.. They most certainly be a bit schocked...I figure I need about 510 RWHP to stay with the new Vette Z06, since I have about 500 more lbs than he does, and I figure that he has about 440 to the rear wheels...Of course, I will have alot more than 510 to the rear wheels, so my biggest challenge will be in feathering the throttle properly so I can beat him and not just sit there and burn off all the rubber on a new set of tires... It is going to be fun....I will post up the dynos, videos, and the lot...

Ryan
Old 01-20-07, 10:01 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

We're waitin--
Old 01-21-07, 05:03 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Yeah, I am looking forward to seeing their jaws drop in horror and disgust too.. They most certainly be a bit schocked...I figure I need about 510 RWHP to stay with the new Vette Z06, since I have about 500 more lbs than he does, and I figure that he has about 440 to the rear wheels...Of course, I will have alot more than 510 to the rear wheels, so my biggest challenge will be in feathering the throttle properly so I can beat him and not just sit there and burn off all the rubber on a new set of tires... It is going to be fun....I will post up the dynos, videos, and the lot...

Ryan
Ryan, I can't wait man.
Pics ans vids sound sweet.
Old 01-21-07, 05:31 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

what hapened to more pics of those chicks????
Old 01-21-07, 07:41 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Have you thought about going to 305 or 315 size rubber in the rear? Not sure how wide your wheels are now but You will probably need wider rims, but it should help a good bit.

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II