Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-07, 08:31 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300TURBO
what hapened to more pics of those chicks????
That's all I had of the chicks...

Ryan
Old 01-21-07, 08:33 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by morris
Have you thought about going to 305 or 315 size rubber in the rear? Not sure how wide your wheels are now but You will probably need wider rims, but it should help a good bit.
Morris: I have 9.5" rims on the back, so I can go wider than the 275's I have on now...So, I will be doing so, once I have worn those out...

Ryan
Old 01-25-07, 11:59 PM
DesertSlim
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the latest on this project? Any Videos up besides start up? Any quality pictures up??
Old 01-26-07, 05:13 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Morris: I have 9.5" rims on the back, so I can go wider than the 275's I have on now...So, I will be doing so, once I have worn those out...

Ryan
As an FYI according to tirerack the biggest you can fit on the 9.5" wheel is a 285 tire. I was looking to put larger tires on my car for increased traction, since traction has become an issue. But my 10" wheel will only accept a maximum of 295's

It looks like some tires need an even wider rim, but check out the tire you want on tirerack and then click the specs tab.
Old 01-26-07, 06:36 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

thats just what tire rack says... you can fit wider without any problems though.
Old 01-26-07, 06:40 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DesertSlim
What's the latest on this project? Any Videos up besides start up? Any quality pictures up??
No other vids or pics right now...

I have received the built tranny, and am preparing this for the swap...Probably 6-8 weeks before all the rest is completed.

Ryan
Old 01-26-07, 06:42 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by morris
As an FYI according to tirerack the biggest you can fit on the 9.5" wheel is a 285 tire. I was looking to put larger tires on my car for increased traction, since traction has become an issue. But my 10" wheel will only accept a maximum of 295's

It looks like some tires need an even wider rim, but check out the tire you want on tirerack and then click the specs tab.
Morris, I will check into that, whatever is the widest tire I can fit safely, and without scrubbing, that will go on.

Ryan
Old 01-26-07, 04:48 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by car_lost
thats just what tire rack says... you can fit wider without any problems though.
Thats good to know because I would love to put some 315's on my 10 inch Iforged's
Old 02-02-07, 05:46 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Well:

I finally ordered the DSpeeds from Takakaira...They cost me approximately $155 US with shipping. I expect them in within a few weeks. I will let you know what I think of them once I receive them.Decided not to mess with attempting to clear the amber ones...Too much work and time for such little gain, IMHO.

I expect to be receiving the infamous fuel mod next week sometime...The secondary fuel rail setup for the 8 additional injectors. Really looking forward to this, I can finally put in some basic fuel mapping, and somewhat tune the car until all is installed and swapped out.

I will be glad to be done with this project....

Need to kickin *** and takin names....

Ryan
Old 02-10-07, 07:16 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Guys, a little news...

My built transmission has arrived, my built engine is finished complete with 2UZ oil squirtes, I am picking it up next week. My fuel mod is shipping out to me next week.

We will be performing the mock assembly to test all clearances at home, and then complete the final assembly of the engine. Then the swap gets done.

BTW, my D-Speeds came in to...Excellent service in Japan, and nice looking.

Oh yeah, Frank is welding up a new set of headers for me out of high grade stainless, these will be replacing the mild steel ones I have now...Frank removed them from my car today...What fantastic fabbing...To remove them, simply jack up the front of the car, put on jack stands, and remove them from the bottom. Everything else stays in place. BTW, the headers looked as good as the day he put them in...no cracks, no visible damage...

Ryan
Old 02-10-07, 10:51 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

David,
Can you get me a phone number so I can get in touch with Frank?
I want to ask him about these manifolds.
Thanks!
Old 02-11-07, 01:47 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UpInTheLex
David,
Can you get me a phone number so I can get in touch with Frank?
I want to ask him about these manifolds.
Thanks!
David????

Ryan
Old 02-11-07, 03:13 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Guys, a little news...

My built transmission has arrived, my built engine is finished complete with 2UZ oil squirtes, I am picking it up next week. My fuel mod is shipping out to me next week.

We will be performing the mock assembly to test all clearances at home, and then complete the final assembly of the engine. Then the swap gets done.

BTW, my D-Speeds came in to...Excellent service in Japan, and nice looking.

Oh yeah, Frank is welding up a new set of headers for me out of high grade stainless, these will be replacing the mild steel ones I have now...Frank removed them from my car today...What fantastic fabbing...To remove them, simply jack up the front of the car, put on jack stands, and remove them from the bottom. Everything else stays in place. BTW, the headers looked as good as the day he put them in...no cracks, no visible damage...

Ryan

Great news Ryan!!!
Old 02-11-07, 02:18 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry typed the wrong name...

Phone number?
Old 02-21-07, 02:31 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Dude, while I do not mind you posting up Frank's number, I believe it is a violation of CL rules to do so of a non-approved vendor. If I am correct, please refrain from doing so, since I do not wish for any problems on this thread. A PM can work wonders...

Ryan

Last edited by supra dr; 02-25-07 at 04:37 PM.

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II