Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-07, 04:10 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gang, one of the most important parts of my build has come in...The infamous Autronic SM4...I got it from TNT Motorsports in California, an authorized dealer for Autronic. The SM4 is not cheap, but it is by far, one of the very best in quality, features, flexibility, and reliability of any stand-alone engine management on the market...That is why I bought it.

It will work with the stock ignition system, or convert to CDI, if I want to. It will work with variable valve timing, and it offers traction control. It has a built in MAP sensor, so no MAF to deal with, and it has probably the best and easiest Auto-Tune feature of any ECU on the market. It offers very precise control of injectors and ignition angle at very low or high rpm or manifold pressures. This unit ensures excellence in how the engine operates at low or high rpm, so idle is also very smooth, even with the 96 lbs injectors I am installing...I could go on, but go their website if you want to know more...I am not selling the unit, I am just telling you a few of the many reasons why I "bit the bullet", and bought this ECU for the V8. Plus, several Aussies have used this very unit to control their Forced Induction Lexus 4.0 liter V8's, with great success...So that means there are several Fuel and Timing MAPs already in existance to start off with a Base Tune, before fine tuning. I will be able to literally upload the MAPs to the SM4 after installing it, and start the car and drive away within less than an hour of doing so. The car should start up, idle, and drive smoothly on the street. For boosting, I will still put the car on the dyno, to review the Fuel MAPs and to fine tune the Timing MAPs.

TNT drop shipped the manual, the sensors, and the harness to Joshua at Phoenix Tuning so he can work his "wizardry"...He now has both harnesses for the PCS ECU which controls the transmission, and the SM4. Plug-N-Play Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I saw my baby today...The engine bay is painted...Sweet!!!!!!! No more dings and scratches from the poor quality workmanship of the previous shops who did not take the pride in their workmanship to be more careful about how they worked under my hood...Deep, dark, gloss Black I did not have my camera, but pics to come soon...

More to come...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 11-03-07 at 04:14 AM.
Old 11-03-07, 06:18 AM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
That is sexy as hell. Holy smokes.

Nice color match with the Altoids! If your engine paint job is half as coordinated...damn.
Old 11-03-07, 06:35 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blizzy
That is sexy as hell. Holy smokes.

Nice color match with the Altoids! If your engine paint job is half as coordinated...damn.
Thanks, Blizzy...Yes, the engine bay is being carefully coordinated...Black, carbon fiber, chrome, polished aluminum, it should turn out nicely...

Ryan
Old 11-03-07, 03:41 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Gang: I picked up some of the chromed, polished and sand-blasted parts for my engine today...I have some pics for you. Keep in mind that I haven't learned yet how to set my lighting on my Nikon SLR, so the pics are only average...

This is the harmonic balancer...It cannot be chromed or anodized, or powder coated due to the rubber ring built into it. I had it sandblasted, and it will be painted.
Old 11-03-07, 03:47 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default More chromed pieces

Here are the rest of the pics:

Getting closer...

Ryan
Old 11-03-07, 04:07 PM
SC300Dori
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build
Old 11-03-07, 04:22 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks nice Ryan! I cant wait to see this car completed in real life.
Old 11-04-07, 12:30 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting close now......
Old 11-04-07, 03:28 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

hmmm i wonder what flavor the autronic is? i know which one i rather chew into!

Gang, one of the most important parts of my build has come in...The infamous Autronic SM4...I got it from TNT Motorsports in California, an authorized dealer for Autronic. The SM4 is not cheap, but it is by far, one of the very best in quality, features, flexibility, and reliability of any stand-alone engine management on the market...That is why I bought it.

It will work with the stock ignition system, or convert to CDI, if I want to. It will work with variable valve timing, and it offers traction control. It has a built in MAP sensor, so no MAF to deal with, and it has probably the best and easiest Auto-Tune feature of any ECU on the market. It offers very precise control of injectors and ignition angle at very low or high rpm or manifold pressures. This unit ensures excellence in how the engine operates at low or high rpm, so idle is also very smooth, even with the 96 lbs injectors I am installing...I could go on, but go their website if you want to know more...I am not selling the unit, I am just telling you a few of the many reasons why I "bit the bullet", and bought this ECU for the V8. Plus, several Aussies have used this very unit to control their Forced Induction Lexus 4.0 liter V8's, with great success...So that means there are several Fuel and Timing MAPs already in existance to start off with a Base Tune, before fine tuning. I will be able to literally upload the MAPs to the SM4 after installing it, and start the car and drive away within less than an hour of doing so. The car should start up, idle, and drive smoothly on the street. For boosting, I will still put the car on the dyno, to review the Fuel MAPs and to fine tune the Timing MAPs.

TNT drop shipped the manual, the sensors, and the harness to Joshua at Phoenix Tuning so he can work his "wizardry"...He now has both harnesses for the PCS ECU which controls the transmission, and the SM4. Plug-N-Play Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I saw my baby today...The engine bay is painted...Sweet!!!!!!! No more dings and scratches from the poor quality workmanship of the previous shops who did not take the pride in their workmanship to be more careful about how they worked under my hood...Deep, dark, gloss Black I did not have my camera, but pics to come soon...

More to come...

Ryan
Old 11-07-07, 09:07 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Badass.

You dont live in New Tampa do you? The pics of the kitchen look almost exactly how my friends new town house looks like haha.
Old 11-07-07, 09:50 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Thanks, I live in the Orlando metro area. I live in a single family home...Heathrow area, if you are familiar, it is.

Ryan
Old 11-08-07, 01:14 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

WOW you even chromed the tranny mount .
Old 12-01-07, 05:12 AM
DCMango
Lead Lap

O man, I have to drive all the way out to Heathrow area.......you might as well call that Sanford!

Thanks, I live in the Orlando metro area. I live in a single family home...Heathrow area, if you are familiar, it is.

Ryan
Old 12-01-07, 02:28 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow looking good!!
Old 12-01-07, 09:17 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why polish the underbody stuff?

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II