Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-08, 11:19 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love everything ur doing man.... love the lip.... how much did it cost you?

one last question.... do you guys rob banks to do these kind of things?
Old 01-24-08, 05:56 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SickSC
love everything ur doing man.... love the lip.... how much did it cost you?

Thanks, The lip was about $400 through Carson's GB several months ago...Took about 4 months to get it here from Japan, if I remember correctly...

Ryan
Old 01-24-08, 06:01 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wow nice updates
Old 01-24-08, 03:46 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SickSC
nah, ryan would never do that... he just hires guys like me to do it for him.

I for one will be glad when the car is finally done! my back isnt liking how long its taking. i say we all go get massages when its done..... especially after swappin two interiors in 2 days.

I just wanna drive it again... last time was fun and one of the wastegate springs was on the fritz... and that was only 6pis!
Old 01-25-08, 04:47 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Fellas: I just had to post up about the rails and injectors I got from WolfKatz...The pics I posted up were emailed from Garrett to me, so I had not yet seen them in person until I opened the box today...All I can say is WOW!! The pics do not do the rails justice. These rails are simply gorgeous in person. They are going to look awesome on my car, simply awe inspiring!! I know I am a little excited, but these bad boys are something else.

Garrett, phenomenal work!! This man takes pride in what he does...

Ryan
Old 01-26-08, 11:07 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Hello Fellas, I planned to do some wrenching on the SC today, but did not get too much done due to the need to change out the drivers side door on the Honda after getting side swiped by a Semi truck. So, Scott KISoarer come over to wrench with me, but we spent thee time on the door. Good thing is the Honda is back in good shape, used door (same color) in place, used mirror in place, swapped out the glass, and all other parts needed to complete the task.

I did do a mock fit of the rails and the upper intake, so I thought I would post them up for you to see. They look Badass...I also am posting pics up of the new Delphi injectors, 84 lbs. They are much bigger than stock, and the pintile design is far superior to stock as well. The clips for the injectors were already installed by Dr. Tweak of Phoenix Tuning, so these are now Plu-n-Play baby... The injectors are more than enough to get to my power goals, and they are still very tunable for a solid idle as well...Almost there...

8 new Injectors fro WolfKatz:

Injector close up:

Comparison to stock injector:

Pintile comparison:

Mock fit of rails and intake 1:

Mock fit 2:

Mock fit 3:

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 01-26-08 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-27-08, 06:26 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those look sweet!
Old 01-28-08, 12:05 AM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking great ryan, hope to see ya at the summer 08 event!
Old 01-28-08, 06:38 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Thanks, plan to be there...

Ryan
Old 01-31-08, 03:00 AM
atx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read 69 pages of posts in one sitting about a project that has spanned over three years. Frankly, I am a little pissed there has not been a dyno in three years, nor is the project even finished.

However, please do not take offense to my anger issues. This is YOUR project, and you should not care what someone with no social or monetary investment thinks.

I know you are going all out on this project and I am 1000% impressed with what you have so far. Stuff like this makes me want to put my life on hold and pour a bunch of money I should be saving into something like this, but alas... it's life. I wish I had the know-how to do something like this right now; especially with this car.

You are an inspiration to V8'ers, and although this project is somewhat unrealistic to replicate (who has a unlimited checkbook? ), it is flat-out awesome. My apologies if anything in this post sounded negative! It's 5 AM, and I'm ready to get a few hours of sleep before work.

Old 01-31-08, 11:33 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i just read all the pages for this thread. amazing work. im lovin it. well i dont want to take up anymore valuable thread space with just comments. more pics please

im an sc300 guy but i always love custom one-off work no matter what car it is on.

hopefully my twin turbo, dry-sumped, ITB'd sr20 will be done soon too and in the car.
Old 02-03-08, 02:49 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Well fellas, we just completed a marathon session of wrenching on the engine...Worked all night on it, qand am going to get some shut eye for now...It is basically done. Got all the wires separated on the loom and recovered them in black flexible loom tubing, then taped over them with high temp electrical tape. We assembled the front of the motor, and installed all the accessories. Need to regap the plugs and install the plug wires and covers. A few moe cosmetic things to complete as well. The rails are installed as well as the injectors, and it does look hot!! Still need to connect the SS braided hose and the fuel system, but made fantastic progress.

Pics to come,

Ryan
Old 02-03-08, 04:13 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Can't wait for the pics, hurry up man ;-)
Old 02-03-08, 07:01 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Ryan, I like the way the Big Win lip looks. I'm not sure if you have the 97 sides or not but do you know how the lip would flow with them?
Old 02-03-08, 05:11 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Technics
Ryan, I like the way the Big Win lip looks. I'm not sure if you have the 97 sides or not but do you know how the lip would flow with them?
I have the complete 97-2000 refresh being installed. One of the nice things about the BW Lip is that it onl sits approximately 1/2 to 3/4 inches further down fro the stock 97-2000 lip, so it flows very well with the 2000 refresh. No need for any other kit pieces to add to the car. Yet the lip really adds to the agreesive stance of the car. I really like it...

Thanks, Richie. Pics coming up tonight.

Ryan

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II