Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-09, 12:42 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its fuel cut limited if I'm not mistaken...
Old 03-21-09, 12:54 PM
dallasbean
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, then i guess i need to go and get it to atlease 130 and see what happens. Thanks ya.
Old 03-31-09, 11:14 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey gang, just a quick update....I worked late last night, and am still energzed, so want to post p a little on my thread....
  1. Re-installed the up pipes, turbos and downpipe. Even though we marked them, still a bit painful, but not anywhere near the manifolds. Looking good. I will post up pics over the weekend.
  2. Polished the radiator and the cooling fan shroud. Ready fro re-install.
  3. Received my final 2 gauges, a DEFI Link Fuel Pressure Gauge
  4. A new AFR from Innovate is replacing my AEM Uego. Innovate makes some of the most accurate gauges around.
  5. Got back the recovered headliner with the black perforated suede installed on it, as well as the Sunroof slider. Kick a$$ look!!
  6. Cleaned and repaired the carpet, every staple is in place, carpet is mint
  7. New Modded Headlights are complete and shipping back to me
A note about my interior guy....He is the BOMB!! Phenomenal work. Wiat till you see the interior and the new gauge pod!! This man is the best interior man I have run across. Worth every penny he charges, and yet he is very reasonably priced. He has come up with a much better way to install the 2 6.5 inch MB Quart Woofers in the doors. I got rid of the pods. Much better look and finish!! My hat is off to WIlson Figueroa, the total BOMB and SHYTE of interior work!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 03-31-09, 11:59 PM
97RSPSCTT
Pole Position

dude i can't wait to see this car
Old 04-01-09, 05:53 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Hurry up and post pics!
Old 04-01-09, 07:19 PM
Marcismo55
Driver School Candidate

I just wanted to say this this build is phenominal. The meticulous attention to detail is off the charts. I read this thread from page to page and I am just truly impressed. (I was in a motorcycle accident so I have a lot of time on my hands) Good luck with the remaining parts of the build and can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 04-03-09, 11:34 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

what up Ryan?... I'm tying the knot in the Bahamas this weekend but am still keeping a watchful eye on the progress made-despite my lady's input about my clublexus downtime on the eve of my wedding day!
Anyway, keep it up...i wanna see this baby on or near completion when i come back! maybe i can stop in Florida on the way home and catch a quick honeymoon drive in that beastly machine!!!
Old 04-04-09, 02:42 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97RSPSCTT
dude i can't wait to see this car
Thanks for the props!

Originally Posted by laxdude362
Hurry up and post pics!
Coming today.

Originally Posted by Marcismo55
I just wanted to say this this build is phenominal. The meticulous attention to detail is off the charts. I read this thread from page to page and I am just truly impressed. (I was in a motorcycle accident so I have a lot of time on my hands) Good luck with the remaining parts of the build and can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks for your attention to this thread. I am a little OCD at times, but I find that doing things right the first time is generally a lot more involved, but a lot more satisfying. Thanks for your props as well.

Originally Posted by nextlevelcoupe
what up Ryan?... I'm tying the knot in the Bahamas this weekend but am still keeping a watchful eye on the progress made-despite my lady's input about my clublexus downtime on the eve of my wedding day!
Anyway, keep it up...i wanna see this baby on or near completion when i come back! maybe i can stop in Florida on the way home and catch a quick honeymoon drive in that beastly machine!!!
What up Big D!! Congrats on the BIG DAY! Marriage is a great thing when two people are comitted to each other. I look forward to meeting your wife one day.

Thanks man, almost done here.

Ryan
Old 04-04-09, 03:54 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Hey gang. Another update. We replaced the sheet metal screws that bwere holding the fuel lines in place with rivets last night. Much cleaner install.

We also hooked up the battery to the car and tested the fuel pumps and pressurized the whole fuel system. No leaks or fumes at all, both pumps fired right up and pumped the fuel. We adjusted fuel pressure to 43.5 lbs for now, and let it run for several minutes. Everything worked like a charm! Onw more thing completed.
Also getting the pieces of the interior completed. Both airbags are dyed black, as I could not locate them in black to match the black interior I am fitting into the car, and they look great. I am changing the chrome logo on the steering wheel airbag to gloss black to match up with the theme in the interior.
The 6.5 inch speakers are custom installed in the doors, the grommets, insulation, baffling and padding is al installed and it looks great. Also not in the way like my previous experiment with the fiberglass pods installed in the front bottom carpet section of the doors. This is so much cleaner, and kind of stealthy. I am very pleased.
Here are some pics of the various pieces. All the suede is black perf:
Rear Deck:

Headliner:

Sunroof Slider:

Close up detail of headliner:

Detail of perf pattern:

Ryan
Old 04-04-09, 04:01 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Here are some pics of the passenger airbag cover and the 2 6.5" speakers re-mounted in a much better place on the door. The front is a 3-way MB Quart, the rear is a 2-way MB Quart.
Airbag now in black:

Various speaker mount pics:

Sorry for the phone quality pics of the speakers. I did not have my good camera with me.
Ryan
Old 04-04-09, 04:21 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

That is some serious pimpin'.

And not just purple crushed velvet pimpin'. No no... That's for rookies.

Like, back-slap-a-hoe-with-your-five-ringed-hand-bish-gimme-my-money pimpin'.

Damn... DAMN.

Old 04-08-09, 08:03 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
I know I said I would not post up a pic of the modified lights until the project is done, which is very soon now, but I want to post up a teaser for you so you can get a little bit of a taste of what is to come...

Ryan

I see where your going with this.NICE LED touch.
Old 04-08-09, 09:27 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

^ Ha I have something similar on my new headlights, like the new Audi
Old 04-08-09, 11:33 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

That suede looks really nice!! Nice work on the car. I was chuckling when I went to page one and saw the date. I actually like how you have kept it the same thread but damn that a lot of reading!!!
Old 04-08-09, 02:36 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexus4jess
I see where your going with this.NICE LED touch.
Thanks, I am hoping it will turn out well....

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
^ Ha I have something similar on my new headlights, like the new Audi
Great. Please post up a pic.

Originally Posted by ZMEGOBY
That suede looks really nice!! Nice work on the car. I was chuckling when I went to page one and saw the date. I actually like how you have kept it the same thread but damn that a lot of reading!!!
Thanks, there have been times I seriously considered giving up. But I am not a quitter, and I love the car too much.

Ryan

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II