Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-09, 08:23 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This was the powere harness for the AEM Wideband that I am no longer using and sold to a SupraForums member. That is exactly what he will be doing to the harness. I was just making a comment on the sloppiness of the wiring from a previous vendor....And to note that one should always review and check all wiring done by someone else to ensure it was installed correctly.

Ryan

Originally Posted by QwkSC
why dont u just solder and shrink wrap?

tape is quick and easy but it might come apart over time in my experience
Old 08-05-09, 08:30 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

hey Flex, what up? Always great to hear from you.

Sorry for the lack of updates....I was recently in Peru on vacation and business for three weeks, so I just got back about 2 weeks ago, but was quite sick (I ate salad, never eat salad when you travel outside of the country), so I have been catching up on work and health. I am finalizing my wiring right now, including the fabrication of a mounting bracket for the two stand alones. I should have that done by this Friday, and I have scheduled my good friend Marshall from MARS Audio to come over Friday night to assist me with the installation of the AVIC Z2, and complete the stereo install. This weekend, I should complete the interior install, and we should then be ready to start the car. I will keep you all updated this weekend. Very close.

Ryan

Originally Posted by FLex
Time for an update.
Old 08-09-09, 10:53 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good Ryan!!
Haven't been on this thread in a while.
Old 08-09-09, 10:49 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Readjusted the placement of the AVIC Z2 so that it was flush to the plate. Looks perfect now. Did a test fire up of the AVIC Z2 and it was awesome!! The screen lit up, the unit started to attempt to determine where it was on the Nav, I popped in a DVD, and the resolution and colors were beautiful.

Marshall from Mars Audio wired up the new harness for me, and the head unit is good to go.

I test located and fabbed up the mounting bracket for the Autronic SM4 and made a decision on where to mount the extra wiring harness, and we are good to go on that. I will finish up the mounting of the two standalones and installing the interior this week.

Coming along great.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 08-09-09 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-09-09, 11:04 PM
2jznat
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
I will finish up the mounting of the two standalones and installing the interior this week.

Coming along great.

Ryan
if there are "2" standalones, would that not make them "stand -to- togethers" ???????
Old 08-09-09, 11:16 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2jznat
if there are "2" standalones, would that not make them "stand -to- togethers" ???????
Dave, I see you're up late too. Actually, there is "One Master, and one Apprentice" . You already know, there is a standalone for the tranny and one for the motor.

Ryan
Old 08-10-09, 10:46 AM
CTS-SC4
Driver School Candidate

Great job Ryan! I am glad to see you are close to enjoying the fruits of all of you hard time and work. Keep up the good work man, probably one of the best Lexus builds I have seen. Glad to see some great progress coming along.
Old 08-12-09, 08:35 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Well I know it has been a while since I have given much of an update....
I have been in Peru for 3 weeks on vacation and business.
I have been super busy with work.
I have been under the weather from eating salad in Peru and getting an intestinal infection, to then developing a rather sever case of Bronchitis.
I have just started to really feeling well again, and so I got to work on the car a little tonight. My good friend Dan Osypian, a former Lexus Tech, came over to assist me with installing some of the interior and the installation of the rear speakers back into the car. I love his work and his attention to detail....Hard to find today.
Anyway, we installed the rear MB Quart Tweets (we had to cut holes in the rear deck and install the Tweets as a flush mount, and then install the rear deck, the rear upper and lower quarter panels. We would have installed the rear seats, but I need to take the rear lower bench and have one minor repair done to the leather. It just needs a little stretc and it should be good to go.
Dan is coming over on Saturday, and we will be working all day to get the engine bay buttoned up so that the car is ready to start up.
We also plan to complete the DEFI gauge install this week.
Here are a couple of pics. The car is beginning to look like an actual car again....

Beginning to rev up the work on this beast so we can get to the finish line by the end of this month.
Ryan
Old 08-12-09, 09:03 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looking great man is that black suede on the roof ?
Old 08-12-09, 09:05 PM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Ryan,

I'm coming visit jason and friends sometime soon and bringing my black Na-t SC. I want to see this beast in person!
Old 08-12-09, 09:09 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
looking great man is that black suede on the roof ?
Yes, it is Black Perforated Suede....It is on the headliner, the rear deck, the three visors. I love it. Really richens the look of the interior.

Originally Posted by DRFT103
Ryan,

I'm coming visit jason and friends sometime soon and bringing my black Na-t SC. I want to see this beast in person!
Bring it on down....We can all go fro a cruise through O-Town.
Old 08-12-09, 09:28 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Yes, it is Black Perforated Suede....It is on the headliner, the rear deck, the three visors. I love it. Really richens the look of the interior.

So if I wanted to buy that material thats how I would ask for it or does it have some name ? it does look very nice and its very black thats what I like. I have seen some black suede that kinds looks light and i dont like that
Old 08-12-09, 09:54 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
So if I wanted to buy that material thats how I would ask for it or does it have some name ? it does look very nice and its very black thats what I like. I have seen some black suede that kinds looks light and i dont like that
I don't recall the name of it, but you can contact any supplier to car repair shops, such as ABCO in Orlando. This is a special order item, and the minimum cost for the material is over $300.

Ryan
Old 08-13-09, 06:23 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

I don't recall the name of it, but you can contact any supplier to car repair shops, such as ABCO in Orlando. This is a special order item, and the minimum cost for the material is over $300.

Ryan
alright i will call around an see i really wanted to know the name of it. The cost of material is well worth the final product from what i am seeing thanks man
Old 08-16-09, 08:03 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Great progress was made on the Lexus this weekend. Dan came by, great help. Anyway, all the connections and sensors for the DEFI and Innovate gauges were run, connected, and brought through the firewall and brought into the cabin. The rear seats are installed. The exhaust is hooked back up. the T-Bolt clamps for all the plumbing has been hooked up, except for a few where the silicon tubing was extra thick. Either have to modify them or get slightly newer ones. The radiator and fan was pulled back out because the wiring was bad after being checked, so the complete harness is being remade. They will be made so that they can be re-routed away from the exhausts and the extreme heat from them. Much more to go, but really planning to work on this car enough to complete the project by the end of the month. Making progress....Ryan

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II