Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-09, 07:31 PM
jdm93400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude i love ur 400 to death, ur inspiration to all us sc400. thnx for showing sc400 owners can do it to. too much 300. dude u gto any parts umite be intresting in sellin hit me up
Old 08-18-09, 01:09 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great update man.
Old 08-23-09, 10:08 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The project keeps progressing well. Pics of the updates to come soon. Here are a few pics of the 20" iforged wheels I bought used, repaired the lips, and polished up and cleaned. I plan to run them and my 18" wheels as well. The 20's are probably just for the shows. I may even sell the 20's soon. I have not decided.

Rear wheel:

Front wheel:

Ryan
Old 08-27-09, 09:52 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Well, another late night on the project. Dan and I worked on it like crazy, and got much done.
  • The DEFI's all fired up, look gorgeous!
  • My newly revamped Cluster from O. L. T. fired up and looed awesome as well.
  • The revamped AC control module done in brilliant white fired up. Again, awesome!!
  • Installed the Greddy Profec B Valve control unit in the car, and ran vacuum hose from the turbos
  • Wired up the Power/ECT/Snow button for the E-Shift Poewer on switch. It lights up the dash and shows ECT when on, and in manual mode.
  • Wired up the SC300 Gated shifter....Still have one problem, can't get the shifter out of shift lock, (even when pressing the brakes). It will come out of park and shift to all gears. It gets stuck at Neutral. I searched everything on the forum regarding this, and cannot yet find the aswer. I can only shift to park by engaging the shift lock release button. Anybody know the fix I appreciate it much.
  • Wired up the relay for the fans, wired the ground, and fired up the twin Zirgos!! Awesome fas.
  • Re-routed many wires and harnesses....Very time consuming.
  • Repaired the damage from the previous shop to the custom billet battery tray....Lots of' time again
  • Put power to the car.
I have attached a pic or two of O. L. T.'s dash magic!!

Last edited by SC400TT; 08-27-09 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-30-09, 03:06 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

I decided to go ahead and assemble the center console, and install all the switched back. Here is what it will look like when installed back in the car:

More to come.
Ryan
Old 08-30-09, 07:05 AM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Ryan what happened to your old gauge cluster and radio trim bezel?
Old 08-30-09, 01:23 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UpInTheLex
Ryan what happened to your old gauge cluster and radio trim bezel?
I still have it. I am planning on selling it. Just haven't gotten around to it. Interested?

Ryan
Old 08-30-09, 03:17 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah I'm interested...It's a nice looking piece. I'll PM you about it.
Old 08-31-09, 05:58 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

why didnt you shave the volume button?
Old 08-31-09, 07:18 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Great question.
  1. That is a brand spanking new outer black bezel, and I am not going to take the chance of having to refinish the whole thing so that it would not look like it had been shaved.
  2. I like the volume button, even though it will not be ised for the stereo anymore.
  3. I have some possible future plans for that button that may cause me to either replace that part of the switch with a different switch, or use that one with a different function.
Ryan

Originally Posted by carlos
why didnt you shave the volume button?
Old 08-31-09, 01:47 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
...[*]I like the volume button, even though it will not be ised for the stereo anymore....[/LIST]Ryan
Same here. I leave it the way it is although it's not used for anything..It's just a habit to turn or squeeze a button...LOL.
Old 08-31-09, 10:10 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

I planned to start up the car this past weekend, but I had to work out a few unexpected relocations first:

1)I had to relocate the EGT bung on the DP as it was too close to the lower radiator tube to get around with the sensor attached. I moved it six inches further down the exhaust, on the other side of the V-Band where there is no ceramic coating. That was welded on by Jarrett at SlowBoy Performance on Monday, August 31st. Problem fixed.

2)The bung for the IAC valve was never welded onto the Charge air tube, so Jarrett welded that too.

3)When I went to connect up the Air Intake Temp sensor, I found that the bung that was welded on was drilled and tapped for a different sensor, so the size of the hole was way to big. Jarrett fixed that up for me as well. Great guy, Jarett. He welds a damned fine bead.....

4)I have to work out the relocation of the PS pump reservoir, the location of the Water/Meth reservoir, as well as selecting a new fill reservoir for the windshield washer.

As mentioned above, I picked up those parts from Slow Boys today, and I installed them tonight. Damned V Bands are sometimes a pain to connect up. Anyway, the exhaust is all buttoned up, I installed the Innovate O2 sensor and tightened that up.

I connected up the Intake Air Temp Sensor, as well as installed the EGT sensor.

I still have to finish up a few minor stereo parts in the trunk, and install the visors and headliner trim tomorrow night. I also plan to pull the wires back through the rubber grommets in the doors and reinstall the 4.5" midrange speakers. I am holding off installing the rest of the interior until Dan Osypian gets back from being out of town, as his wiring is par excellance, and he has a few items left to button up, as well as installing my Clifford alarm with remote start system.

There is not much left to do before I start up this car.....Finally!!

More to come.

Ryan
Old 09-05-09, 05:02 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

I was hoping to get enough done last night so that I could start up the motor, but I ran into a few show stoppers, just temporarily.
  1. I was running around town getting the remaining parts I needed to finish up and start up the motor. That always takes too long.
  2. The radiator cap I bought was the wrong size....I will have to take it back and replace it.
  3. The Lexus dealer was supposed to set aside a case of Toyota Type IV tranny fluid for me to pick up since I could not make it by the time parts closed....I got there, no case. So, I had to leave without fluid.
  4. Tore the O-ring for the Transmission dip stick, have to get a new one on Saturday.
  5. Did not complete the installation of the Water Temp Sensor for the cooling fans last night, and will have to do so today.
That was the bad news, the good news is I can remedy that all today. I will keep you posted.

I hope to start up today.
I will keep you posted.
Old 09-08-09, 07:45 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Update

Well gang, there has been massive progress. But I gotta tell ya, when you get down to this point on your your project, especially a custom ONE-OFF, it seems that everytime I complete one task, two come up in its place. The good news is that the car is basically ready to start.

BTW, much of the custom wiring in this project has been done by Mr. Dan Osypian, take a bow Dan. You deserve it!! Also a big thanks to Justin for coming by and helping out today also. And as always, thanks to Chaz for working the project from the very beginning, even when it was merely a thought on paper!!

This has been accomplished recently:
  1. The Innovate wideband and gauge are installed and fired up.
  2. The e-shift in the steering wheel is completed.
  3. The AEM external MAP sensor has been installed. What a pain to drill and tap the block off plate where I mounted it on the back of the upper intake plenum. The plates are made of stainless. Enough said....
  4. The MAP sensor has been wired into the PCS ECU.
  5. I managed to finally determine the size of the bung hole in the bottom of the Koyo Aluminum radiator. It is a 16m, 150 thread pitch! I found a plug, of all places, at Advanced Discount Auto parts.
  6. The Greddy Radiator cap was the incorrect fit, so I ordered the correct one, and bought a $5 Stant for the start up.
  7. I connected the lower Cool Flex radiator tube. The radiator is buttoned up and ready to be filled.
  8. I found that there exists such a thing as Flexible SS Braided Oil Dipsticks. Lokar is the manufacturer. I ordered that to take care of the fact that there is no way the original will fit around the driver side manifold.
  9. I removed the old XM unit, harnesses and antenna, and installed the new XM/Traffic unit with its harnesses and the new XM antenna.
  10. I installed the GPS antenna.
  11. I installed the Fuba antenna and wiring.
  12. I cleaned up the disasterous mess in the trunk left by Driven Concepts. Including remounting the Billet Optima battery Tray. Temporarily mounted the battery. Remounted the amp backboard.
  13. Ran a new SS braided hose for the low presure side of the Power steering pump.
  14. Connected the relay for the fuel pumps.
  15. Ompleted the installation of the vacuum lines, power and ground for the Greddy Profec B.
  16. Installed the new -10 AN SS line for the IAC valve connection to the Charge air tube.
  17. Learned of a fantastic fix for relocating the Power Steering pump. Thank you ScottURnot and Lextreme!!
I think that's it..... I don't remember anything else. I am about to load the Base Maps into the ECU's.

I did pick up my case of Toyota Type IV. My case of Brad Penn Start up motor oil.

It's late, and I am tired....Many late nights on this car the past week.

I absolutely expect to start the car this week. I will post up the video....

Here are a few pics of the progress:

IAC:

Profec B:

External MAP:

XM install attached behind bracket:

Cleaned up trunk, much more customizing to come here:

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 09-08-09 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-08-09, 07:59 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Wow.. what a progress you've made....

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II