Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-10, 05:50 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stevechumo
That's the tough thing, but all surprises are from there.
Steve, yep, agreed; tuning is the most important thing, as without it, everything else before it does not function properly. And, I found another surprise last night. It is in the shift points not matching up with the TCU Digital shift inputs, so even though the transmission is working, the gears are not matching what gear the TCU shows it is in. I have to ohm out each one, and see if there is a problem and where. This could be a delay which could keep me from making it to the FL2K10 .

We"ll see.

Ryan
Old 01-23-10, 12:06 PM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to see pictures of the dash when it is done and the gauges are in.
Old 01-24-10, 09:27 AM
VelocityBall
Driver

Wheels look good Ryan!
Old 01-24-10, 10:31 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Thanks Shane!!
Old 02-02-10, 08:10 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Hip, Hip, Hooray!! The transmission wiring to the PCS TCU is completed, and fixed. I need to trace a vacuum leak, and correct that, and then I should be ready to tune.I would say within the next couple of weeks! It is looking good, and getting real close.

Thanks to Dan Osypian for being right there in the trenches with me and helping me to get this right, and completed!! Also, thanks to the phenomenal customer support from Dan at PCS....Second to none! First rate organization. Thanks also to Dr. Tweak!!

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 02-02-10 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-03-10, 07:11 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

sounds excellent..btw, love the wheels.. 285 is a game changer
Old 02-03-10, 09:23 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Gang, I traced the vacuum leak tonight, and ran a temporary test to determine if it was indeed the culprit, and it was. The SM4 has its own built in MAP sensor, and it strongly recommends the hose from the sensor on the SM4 be dedicated only to the SM4, and connected to the intake. It was not hooked up that way. The Defi Boost gauge and the Greddy Prefec B were T connected to the same hose....an absolute problem set up like this. The reason I knew I had a vacuum leak was that my pressure readings never changed when I started and ran the car....It stayed at 100 kpa. So, I ran a temporary test hose from the SM4 to the intake, then plugged the hose to the gauge so it would not leak either, and then started the car. Sure enough, the kpa dropped down to 58-60 while the engine was running. So, that was the problem. Idle is still rich at 11.4, but I am in contact with Ian Hamwood from Autronic, and Enzo from New York. Phenomenal support from these guys!! We will get this adjusted more when we tune. Motor sounds much, much better now, and the throttle response is instant.

Transnission shifts in all gears. getting closer....

I have more of the engine put together, so I thought I would post a few pics of the engine bay, as this is a little closer to what it will look like when I have it completed. I also took a few pics of the iForged wheel again. a little better lighting.

More to come....

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 02-03-10 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-03-10, 09:51 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

glad you got to the bottom of that elusive problem..kudos to your determination in troubleshooting the issue. I believe after reading this post i am going to "burn the midnight oil" and head to my freezing garage to get some work done on my project- I can't let you have all the fun ,btw, enough of the phone tag yesterday dude....lol,
i'll hit you up in the a.m!
Old 02-03-10, 11:06 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love clean shiny engine with the 2 jets. If you use vented hood, you'll hear the twin jets sucking in air everytime right inside the **** pit. I have a single jet and that sounds scary. Imagine when it's double.
Old 02-04-10, 05:06 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nextlevelcoupe
glad you got to the bottom of that elusive problem..kudos to your determination in troubleshooting the issue. I believe after reading this post i am going to "burn the midnight oil" and head to my freezing garage to get some work done on my project- I can't let you have all the fun ,btw, enough of the phone tag yesterday dude....lol,
i'll hit you up in the a.m!
Deron, thanks man. Yeah, go freeze your buns for a little while....Funny thing is, once you get cranking on the car, you done't really notice the weather!!

Originally Posted by stevechumo
I love clean shiny engine with the 2 jets. If you use vented hood, you'll hear the twin jets sucking in air everytime right inside the **** pit. I have a single jet and that sounds scary. Imagine when it's double.
Thanks Steve. The pics do not do it justice. You should see it in person. I will soon take it off the jackstands, and pull it into the sun. Then I can really take some good pics. Yeah I love rockin TWO jets....Especially polished ones. I did custom vent the stock hood, and it looks mean. I look forward to hearing those turbos suck up the air!

Ryan
Old 03-02-10, 08:51 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

My SM4 stand alone is currently in New York at Enzo Racing being reflashed for all the latest updates, software and features from Autronic. Enzo has also been an Autronic Dealer for the last 10 years or so, and knows the unit like the back of his hand. he loves it, and highly recommends it for many reasons. He also tunes and bubilds custom fabricated performance set ups. Anyway, he is tweaking my SM4, and after this I will have the all important speed sensor based traction control, like what Race Logic builds and sells for about $1400. I sure saved a ton of money on this one!!

Here are a few pics of my headlights which are near completion. These are only mocked up and held in place with some double-sided masking tape, so do not be concerned about the unevenness of the LED's. Everything will be in it's place upon completion.

Stay tuned....

Ryan
Old 03-02-10, 08:57 AM
parnzen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those are sexy
Old 03-03-10, 09:09 AM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

Did you do the molding work on the headlights?
Old 03-03-10, 10:32 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by parnzen
those are sexy
Thanks I think so!

Originally Posted by Shadowen
Did you do the molding work on the headlights?
No I did not. I had that done. It is beyond my skillset. I did much more of the design, electrical, performance and mechanical work on this project. In every phase of this project I have had help.

Ryan
Old 03-03-10, 10:34 AM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

Who did the lights? I'd like a pair.

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II