Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-10, 12:26 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn i love the lights just not feelin the led stip at the bottom. Where did u get the inner housing done at ? i love the mini projector
Old 03-03-10, 01:26 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadowen
Who did the lights? I'd like a pair.
PM me and I will give you his information. This is not a cheap mod.....

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
damn i love the lights just not feelin the led stip at the bottom. Where did u get the inner housing done at ? i love the mini projector
Glad you like them. Yeah, some will and some will not like the LED's. I do like them, and I have wanted them now for a long time, I just had to figure out how to do them. The secondary projector was painfully molded into the rest of the housing, and as you can see, I got rid of that dividing line that separated the flasher from the headlight. I am still deciding if I am going to integrate an amber flasher into that housing. I probably will. You can PM me for the contact information for the man that has done the work on these lights.

Ryan
Old 03-21-10, 02:29 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Autronic SM4 is finally back . It was delayed for almost three weeks while the eprom was being changed and reflashed . Unfortunately, I had to cancel tuning more than once because of this, and now my tuner will be out of town for the next two weekends, so I am 3 to 4 weeks before the car is tuned. This set me back about 7 weeks....

Part of the deal when it comes to customizing a performance car. If nothing else delays, I will be driving it this April.

Ryan
Old 03-29-10, 12:24 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Here is a link to the second start up with the V109 software from Autronic and a modified Cal File. It sounds pretty good now, especially after warming up. It is still running rich, but not nearly as bad as before. It is ready for the pro tune next. Probably within a few weeks, as I have to coordinate with my "Tuner".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJHD32EN06w

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 03-29-10 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-29-10, 12:43 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy v8 batman, that sounds awesome!
Old 03-29-10, 06:01 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Can't wait to hear the dyno runs. Will sound beastly.
Old 03-29-10, 08:35 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

how much would it cost to duplicate this turbo kit?
Old 03-30-10, 05:26 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

About 2 Porsche GT3's and 6 years of your life.

And if you're lucky, only one marriage.
Old 03-30-10, 05:43 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Car sounds great, congrats.....
Old 03-30-10, 01:36 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TroySC300
Holy v8 batman, that sounds awesome!
Thanks! It's still a bit rich, but that is simply a tuning issue which is being rectified.

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Can't wait to hear the dyno runs. Will sound beastly.
Me too, Jose! We will tune this weekend by driving and using the Innovate Lambda LC1 and Wideband O2 sensor. Within two weeks after, we should be at the Dyno doing the real deal....

Originally Posted by maynanator
how much would it cost to duplicate this turbo kit?
I actually do not know, but quite a bit of money. The motor is built. It has custom, forged internals. The turbos are the best Bullseye Power makes (not the biggest), and the turbine housings are made of polished stainless steel. The whole exhaust system is custom fabricated and made from stainless steel, from the block to the mufflers. The Compressor side is all polished aluminum, including the custom fabricated radiator end tanks on the FMIC. The FMIC is a Garrett Core. The radiator is a high polish Koyo. The Cooling fans are Twin Zirgos housed in a polished aluminum shroud. I could go on and on, but my point is that you can see by just this partial list that it is quite expensive....

Originally Posted by CleanSC
About 2 Porsche GT3's and 6 years of your life.

And if you're lucky, only one marriage.
Very funny Jose, but not too terribly far off....

Originally Posted by cherplex
Car sounds great, congrats.....
Thanks Cherp. I can't wait to hear it when it is tuned.....

BTW guys, I just left the fabricator of my headlights, and the final design is done. They should be finished within a couple of weeks.

Ryan
Old 03-30-10, 07:05 PM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great progress...congrats! Led lights look so much better, and can't wait to see the full tune!
Old 03-31-10, 11:10 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats Ryan thats badA$$ cant wait also on the dyno. How did you fab that upper console for the gages. i that like from one of those car's that have the gages in the middle, modded to yours or total fab. Oh and what me and you talked about, looking at the video, clearance on the top your motor is not a problem.
Old 03-31-10, 11:31 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Spd: Thanks for the props and I am glad you now see clearance as very possible on the stock V8. That pod is 100% fabricated from scratch. A one-off, not a copy.

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Congrats Ryan thats badA$$ cant wait also on the dyno. How did you fab that upper console for the gages. i that like from one of those car's that have the gages in the middle, modded to yours or total fab. Oh and what me and you talked about, looking at the video, clearance on the top your motor is not a problem.
Old 04-11-10, 06:19 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Another Update

Here is another update on the project.

We have had two non dyno tuning sessions so far, and it is coming along well. We have faced a few challenges as well, which seems to be the norm when a project such as this one is built:
  • Engine temp went up to approximately 200 degrees farenheit, and determined no water was flowing between radiator and block. I have since remedied this, but still need to start up and run the motor to be sure.
  • I can't start up again until tonight as my Optima yellow top crapped out and dropped to 8.6 volts a couple of days ago, even though I had the battery on a tender. Dropped it off at Batteries Plus for a thorough charge and check, which takes 3 days. If bad they will replace it under warranty today.
  • DEFI gauges are not functioning properly, but after intense research earlier today and trouble shooting with the dealer, I believe it is user error. When I hook up the battery, I will try a few steps and I believe this will resolve this issue as well.
  • Idle tuning right now, and so far, car cold starts right up, and idles at 750 rpm very snoothly. Still working on tweaking this and with the stepper motor settings to force the IAC valve to go to it's lowest settings and function properly with accel and decel of the throttle. Thank goodness for Scott Davidson and his knowledge of tuning, as he is tuning my car. Also Autronic has been an absolute wonder and extremely helpful on the phone several times to assist us. Thanks Ian Hamwood from Autronic.
  • Not going to tune any further until I am sure DEFI gauges are functioning properly, as I need to know EGT's and oil pressure. Fuel pressure is set to 43.5 PSI.
I will hopefully be able to drive this car on the road this month.

Ryan
Old 04-11-10, 06:26 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Further update

Defi gauges are now functioning properly. It was the freaking fuse. It was not pushed in all the way. Unbelievealbe that I missed that. Anyway, all is well there.

The water is now flowing through the radiator. But found the weld around the water neck attached to the thermostat housing is leaking so I will have to have that re-welded.

I will now clean up the wiring inside the cabin, mount the two stand alones permanently, and then install the interior back into the car next weekend. Car is ready to finish tuning and start driving. Finally! I think I am really seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Ryan

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II