Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-10, 06:01 PM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thing better be finished by the time I come to Florida and visit Jason!
Old 07-18-10, 08:36 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DRFT103
This thing better be finished by the time I come to Florida and visit Jason!

Why, you wanna run me???

Ryan
Old 07-19-10, 06:40 PM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

pffftttt I can't drive my NA-T car down there... I get like 7MPG and I don't trust MAP-ECU2 to get me all the way to Florida and back haha. I'll probably be in my daily 97 SC.
Old 07-22-10, 06:02 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

The AquaMist Water/Meth System is installed, tested, and working. A huge thanks to Dan Osypian!! Great job, my friend.

We had a few snags with the wiring, but all is well, and I am finished with wiring, except for the Autronic Reluctor that converts the analog speed sensor signal to a Hall signal so that the Autronic Traction Control can function.

The reluctor is on its way to me, and I am almost ready for the tuner.

I did not drive the car last weekend, but I do plan to drive it this weekend. I will keep you all posted!!

Ryan
Old 07-23-10, 02:18 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

I saw the headlights today...Wow! They look good. They are painted, wet sanded, buffed and cleared. The LED strips are attached, and the lights are being cleaned up, and then assembled within the next few days. They look absolutely BADA$$, IMO.

Leaving work now to go and work on the car. Gotta drive it this weekend....

Ryan
Old 07-29-10, 09:59 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

I got sick over the weekend with a damned intestinal infection. Took me out for several days. I ended up not getting as much done. Anway, I am beginning to feel a little better today, so I hope I can work on my car a lot this weekend.

My lights got delayed...My fabricator was assembling them back together and decided to sand the back edges of the BMW plastic Xenon shrouds a bit to smooth them out and to clean them up a bit. Unfortunately, the chrome is so fragile on the shrouds that the chrome wiped right off on one of them. So, he had to stop and wait for me to find another set. I did, and just got them in the mail today. So, they will be trimmed up tomorrow, and then assembled and completed. Set backs...something always happens...

In fact, I had not mentioned it yet, but when Dan and I were working on the water/meth installation, we had to contact the Aquamist distributor because we had a few questions about the wiring diagram. The distributor (KC Saab), asked me the impedance of my injectors, and while I thought they were low impedance, I was not 100% sure from memory. So I went to contact the owner of WolfKatz Engineering, the company that designed my rails and provided me with my injectors. I was unable to reach him so I remembered that he had an injector drop shipped directly to me from his supplier when I had the wiring mishap that burned up one of my injectors. When I contacted them, I asked some additional questions and found that they had sent me the wrong injector...It was 110 cc less flow than it was supposed to be. This would have been a big potential problem when I went to tune WOT on the dyno. Luckily, I found out the problem, and ordered the correct injector, and they shipped it out to me immediately. So, I like to say that the "Car gods" were watching over me.... Anyway, I plan to change that injector this weekend before I drive my car on the road.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 07-31-10 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-30-10, 08:47 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vids of the car driving or BAN!!!.....j/k
Old 07-31-10, 12:06 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by One HoT
Vids of the car driving or BAN!!!.....j/k
Agreed!!

Ryan
Old 07-31-10, 04:55 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

whats that? someone said vid day?...im all eyes!!!
Old 08-05-10, 06:12 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Vadim I have replied to both of your PM's.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 08-07-10, 07:49 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Gang, my original thread has gotten so very long that I decided to break it up into Stage 1, and Stage II. Really, that is what I have done, and I noted that in the Stage I thread, but I never really separated them. I never expected Stage II to take as long as it did...I did learn a whole lot though, and you members have been great; cheering me on many, many times, even when it looked like total disaster at times...

So, this is the beginning of Stage II, which was when I added the BBK's,a and all the many other items that have gotten this project to where it is today. As I am now nearing the completion of Stage II, I will look to post up another video of the car driving, and hopefully the full tune and dyno by the end of this month (August 2010).

I will start a third thread known as Stage II, V2 with the actual Dyno video, and some burnout threads, assuming we have total success at the dyno. I will then reveal the car with all the new pics of it completed. The Stage II V2 thread should be quite short in comparison. This should also help those of you in the future that stumble upon these threads to read what I did on each thread, instead of one, super long novel...

BTW, I will hyperlink the threads to each other.

OK, so, here we go...Stage II, which actually started on 10/2/2006.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 08-08-10 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-08-10, 12:24 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Just finished up several hours on my car...door panels and window trim is installed. Unfortunately, the windows are only going down partially, which means my paint and body guys did not install the windows correctly, so I will have to take the body panels back off...Damn!! Oh well, I should have checked that first, chalk up another lesson learned...re-check not only the serious performance items, but also the basic items too.

I may or may not work on that tomorrow. I will be completing a couple of minor items in the engine bay so I can drive my car tomorrow, or should I say today?

Car looks great, and of course, the black interior is the best, IMHO. Really looks like a car again.

As you may have seen, I am splitting this thread up...ScottURnot is being nice enough to assist me in doing so. I have informed him of the end of Stage I in this thread, and the beginning of Stage II, so Scott should have this done soon. In the mean time, I have started Stage II, but Scott had to lock it so no one would post until after he separates the two threads. This thread will pretty much end with me driving the car on the road with the partial tune, and then Stage II, V2 will commence on the day of my successful full tune and dyno. V2 will be the thread that merely shows the completed version of this project. Stage III will be next year, if I decide it is necessary to add more agressive cams. But I will probably be quite content for a while, especially since I am searching for the right deal on a Black/Black LS460 for a daily driver. The SC has too much in it to drive every day...So I want a bad *** LS for work and daily tooling around town...plus, they move well, and are serious comfort and luxury...

Ryan
Old 08-08-10, 06:52 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are we driving yet?
Old 08-08-10, 12:17 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Are we driving yet?
It is thundering, lightening, and raining again.... If it clears up, I will drive it and make a video. If not, another day...I will keep you all posted.

Ryan
Old 08-08-10, 01:16 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm taking a number, waiting in line to take a ride in your car.

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II