Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-12, 09:43 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by shaodome
As for the sprag upgrade, have you contacted ATF in florida (atfspeed.com). I am told their toyo trans use something like you mention, but don't know if they are willing to part with it as a seperate item.
No I haven't, but I do appreciate your suggestion. I will most definitely contact them.

Thanks!!

Ryan
Old 05-23-12, 09:55 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I dig that interior! How did you make other cluster HUD deal?
Old 05-23-12, 03:33 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ihiryu
Wow, I dig that interior! How did you make other cluster HUD deal?
That one is custom fabbed with fiber glass and wire mesh.

Ryan
Old 05-23-12, 03:40 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

We need more pics of this thing!!! Especially the custom parts!!!
Old 05-28-12, 09:42 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
We need more pics of this thing!!! Especially the custom parts!!!
They are coming soon...I promise!

Ryan
Old 05-28-12, 09:43 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Happy Memorial Day!

Well, to all in the USA, I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend! It was great here, especially Friday and Saturday. My wife and I went down to Lido Beach in Sarasota, FL, and got a beach front room and just enjoyed the sun, the sand and the ocean (Gulf of Mexico). What a beautiful spot. Gonna be driving the Lexus there soon...

From my balcony just past sunset:

Morning balcony shot:

From my lounge chair on the beach:

Dessert Friday night, Creme Brûlée, Yum:

I drove my SC this weekend with the interior back together with the boost gauge working, the Innovate AFR Gauge working, the new Haltech Boost Solenoid installed, the Turbo Timer installed, the Pioneer Avic Z2 working, the climate control working, etc...it is a car again!!! I just love this car, and I have worked out all of my plans for the interior and exterior details. I cannot wait. It is a lot of joy driving this car again. NOW, TIME FOR THE NEXT DYNO TUNE...

SC400TT
Old 05-29-12, 03:55 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice pics, can't go wrong with the beach. Looking forward to the dyno vid and numbers.
Old 05-30-12, 08:52 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Stereo Update

Remember, the Dyno is scheduled for this Friday at 2pm. Wish me well...

So, I lucked out as my wonderful wife, who is most frugal, decided she did not want me to buy her a brand new SUV, but she wants me to pay off her Forerunner, and mod it a little...Namely, the stereo system. She wants an in-dash DVD/NAV, Bluetooth, backup camera, XM/Sirius, upgraded speakers and apms, and tinit added to her windows. I said sure! In fact, I am providing her with a brand new Head Unit (Soundstream), and transferring my whole system (sans the Pioneer AVIC Z3) over to her car...She gets the component 2-way/3-way Mb Quart speakers, the JL 10" Sub, and the 2 Alpine V-12 Amps (5 channel, and mono for the Sub). She is stoked, and so am I!

I get to buy new stuff for the Lexus sound system. I am keeping the Pioneer AVIC Z2, Bluetooth, and Backup camera. I am adding the following to the car, and having it customized in the trunk:

Amps:

Subs:

Continued...

Last edited by SC400TT; 05-30-12 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-30-12, 08:56 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Component Speakers (3-Way & 2-Way):

This happens in July.

More to come

Last edited by SC400TT; 06-14-12 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-01-12, 07:50 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Dyno Rained out today. Trying again tomorrow...
Old 06-04-12, 08:25 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Today is the 4th. Let's get them dyno rollers spinning!
Old 06-04-12, 05:28 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DoomLight
Today is the 4th. Let's get them dyno rollers spinning!
Yep, sometimes, the best laid plans of Mice and Men still does not come together...
1) So, we were rained out on Friday due to heavy rain much of the day...Impossible to dyno.
2) We rescheduled for 2 pm this past Saturday, June 2nd, and unfortunately, the owner of the Dyno forgot to leave the keys for Darin to get in, so, no Dyno on Saturday, a beautiful day for it...
3) So, I have the car in the dealer getting the AC charged, and fixing the outside felted, chromed rubber window swipes...What a trip! There are 5 tabs per side that hold the window swipe in place...They tend to rust and break off over time...Reattaching the tabs is a nightmare, and by not doing so, the swipes do not fit properly. So, working on that in between attempts to dyno the car...The Lexus dealer knows I needed to dyno on both Friday and Saturday, so they were always ready for me to pick up the car ans take it to the dyno...If only the dyno was available!
4) I had swapped over the later model AC Condensor from the 2000 SC300 part out car I had bought. So, I had to go to an industrial hose shop to retrofit one of the ends from my earlier condensor so that it will work...So, got that done while working today. Good news is that I should have cold air blowing tomorrow! In the Florida Summer heat, a welcome relief...
5) The dyno is scheduled for this Wednesday afternoon at 2 pm...Weather permitting...So, if all goes well, then We shall finally have several good pulls and a Dyno Sheet to prove it.

Ryan
Old 06-07-12, 04:46 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Got rained out again yesterday

Will try again next week. We need the rain in Florida, but Darin and I just have to find a day that fits both of our schedules and is sunny. We will get there.

Ryan
Old 06-11-12, 07:12 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Yea I feel ya. It's been raining everyday practically last week.
Old 06-12-12, 10:10 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Addressing electrical issue before Darin tunes it again. I noticed a big power drop off in the electrical system. Making sure the battery is not an issue as it is an Optima, and they tend to die easily after a while and fail to hold a charge well. Also, I appear to have not enough alternator output to handle the fans and additional electrical itmes I added...I expected this would become an issue, so I just ordered a high outout alternator from Lextreme. It puts out 202 amps, which is over twice the stock alternator, and it is the same unit as stock, only rebuilt for higher output. Too many systems depend upon the voltage being consistent, and I am having issues with that right now. I should have this straightened out by the weekend. So, I expect a dyno next week with Darin.

Now is the tweaking of my build, so that takes a little while to resolve, but it is close.

Ryan

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II