SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-12, 11:24 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ihiryu
Ouch! Hope you feel better!

Not trying to bring back bad memories but didn't you get hit on your ten speed awhile back too??
Thanks Ihiryu.

No worries...I sure did about a year ago...Going to stay off the 10 speed for the remainder of this year, and get back on it next year...I will stick to my stationary recumbent bike, the elliptical machine, running and weight training. Breaking a bone is no fun at all...

Ryan
Old 08-15-12, 05:43 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Ryan:

Sorry to see this, man... I buddy of mine had a similar fracture due to getting a little excited during an olympic weight lifting competition.

The road ahead will be tough, and slow, so keep your head in it and you'll be good. Are you seeing an occupational therapist for the rehab?
Old 08-15-12, 08:58 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan your a 4 wheel kind of guy anyway ,get better soon
Old 08-15-12, 04:26 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Ryan:

Sorry to see this, man... I buddy of mine had a similar fracture due to getting a little excited during an olympic weight lifting competition.

The road ahead will be tough, and slow, so keep your head in it and you'll be good. Are you seeing an occupational therapist for the rehab?
Thanks Jose. Yep. since I have a plate, i don't require a cast. I started rehab this week. Tomorriw will be my first tough day...Amazing how stiffness sets in so quickly when not using my hand for 3 weeks.

Originally Posted by morris
Ryan your a 4 wheel kind of guy anyway ,get better soon
Thanks Morris. I will stay off those 4 wheelers...

Ryan
Old 08-15-12, 05:34 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Very very sorry to hear about your arm. Best wishes and a quick recovery my friend!
Old 08-15-12, 05:39 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Man Ryan. Sorry to hear about your pictures, and well........ after viewing your pictures, I almost threw up on my computer screen. I hope all is well and if you need someone to drive your car, LMK.. I am in... Not trying to be cute but to make you smile and let you know you have friends praying for you...
Old 08-16-12, 11:48 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Very very sorry to hear about your arm. Best wishes and a quick recovery my friend!
Thanks for your well wishes

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Man Ryan. Sorry to hear about your pictures, and well........ after viewing your pictures, I almost threw up on my computer screen. I hope all is well and if you need someone to drive your car, LMK.. I am in... Not trying to be cute but to make you smile and let you know you have friends praying for you...
I debated as to whether or not I should post them up, and decided i would risk it. All of you CL guys are great! thanks for your well wishes and prayers! Come on over! We'll go for a ride!

Ryan
Old 08-17-12, 04:24 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

sorry to hear about the bike accident bro.. hurry up and get better bro .. i am anxious to see the project done and get clublexus of florida back together as a family like it once was
Old 08-21-12, 05:17 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hope u get well soon. yeah.... dont touch any tools or bikes for a while!
Old 08-21-12, 09:02 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, despite all the setbacks you seem to have, you seem to recover just fine, bro! This injury should be no different!
Old 08-21-12, 06:28 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexforlife
sorry to hear about the bike accident bro.. hurry up and get better bro .. i am anxious to see the project done and get clublexus of florida back together as a family like it once was
Agreed! I am loking forward to getting that alternator replaced, and to getting the final street tune. We gotta start cruising the streets in Orlando!

Originally Posted by DoomLight
hope u get well soon. yeah.... dont touch any tools or bikes for a while!
Swore off my bike for the remainder of this year...

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
Oh man, despite all the setbacks you seem to have, you seem to recover just fine, bro! This injury should be no different!

Thanks,I just got a release from my surgeon to start driving again.

Ryan
Old 08-22-12, 01:05 AM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope you recover fully and soon...you've got such a nice ride, looking forward to updated pics.
Old 08-22-12, 03:40 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2BENVD
Hope you recover fully and soon...you've got such a nice ride, looking forward to updated pics.
Thanks,

Recovery and rehab are coming along great. I will have the car back under the knife in about a week.

Ryan
Old 09-18-12, 05:04 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Update, Finally!!

Well,

I finally have an update for you all. Once again, thanks for your well wishes with my wrist/arm. I am healing well, and quickly, but it is challenging with the Physical Therapy.

I finally got a chance to get back on the car this past Sunday, and it was an eye-opener. The easiest way to get the alternator replaced was to dismantle the passenger side turbo, and remove the cold side only. All the plumbing stayed intact, and I only had to remove the Belt, and the Power Steering Pump to get to the alternator. Dan had to do a lot of it as I am still operating with a gimp hand, and I am only allowed to lift 5 pounds right now. Hard to wrench much one-handed.... When the alternator came out, saw additional issues that made me quite happy that this was done with not a whole lot of driving...The wireharness to the alternator was melted, and the (3) wires were fused together mainly in the melted shielding. The main power connector was also melting. This was due to the forward positioned manifold being real close to the alternator, and because I did not wrap the manifolds prior to installing them, but after, there was a runner that could not be reached and wrapped, and that sent to much radiant heat to those wires. So, rebuilt the harness, and replaced the power cable with a (1) gauge, shielded them, wrapped that section of header with DEI Titanium wrap, and re-routed the power cable and harness away from the manifold. Should never be an issue again. Lextreme's HO alternator is now installed, and preliminary tests were excellent.

Installed the Boost-A-Spark, and it was fairly straight forward. Just cut the power to each coil, spliced in the BAS, wired them in series per direction, and the car fired right up. Still have to drill the firewall and run the cable through for the potentiometer, and it will be complete. Once I get that done, I will drive it around and see if the charging system functions at 100%, if so, it goes to the shop for a thorough look over, and then gets the big tune. Gee whiz this project has dragged. But I do expect soon. AT this popint, I just want results...

I figure those melted wires were actualy having a profound effect on several issues with the car beyond charging as Darin could not understand why the car started breaking up at higher revs, and I suspect unstable voltage was an issue, as well as possible being the battery drain I got from parking the car. We will see.

Cheers,

Ryan
Old 09-23-12, 02:19 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Took the beast out for a test drive today...

Overall, the test went well. It was a very hot day today...90 degrees and fairly high humidity. Anyway, drove the Lexus around town and on the Interstate, and it drove quite well. Now that the voltage is correct and stable, not only did the car drive and idle better, but it also corrected the AFR readings on the Gauge. The Gauge has always showed around 11 at idle, no matter what, yet Darin stated he tuned it closer to stoich than that. Anyway, the gauge read consistently around 14.7 to 15 at idle during the 3 hours I drove the car around today. So that is great. As I drove at different agressive throttle positions and load conditions, I consistently saw between 10.5 to 12.5 AFR's on the gauge, so, again, it looked good. Car still needs more tuning, but I am beginning to believe there may be a light at the end of the tunnel this time...

I also believe my starter is crapping out on me, and I will probably have to change it. Pain in the **** for that one...

Perhaps the big tune will be able to be done soon.

Ryan

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II