Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-12, 06:34 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

And the hits just keep coming. Hang in there man, the car will be fixed and and be fixed correctly, if I know you. Can't wait to see it again!
Old 10-14-12, 08:33 AM
1UZRA65
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan,
I just wanna say you have done an awesome job with your car. I have been glued to this thread for quite some time now. Hope you are able to reach you goal soon. Best of luck with your build.
Old 10-25-12, 05:10 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
And the hits just keep coming. Hang in there man, the car will be fixed and and be fixed correctly, if I know you. Can't wait to see it again!
Thanks, I sure am meticulous, but you all know that. Yep, these things happen, but it is still annoying sometimes...

Originally Posted by 1UZRA65
Ryan,
I just wanna say you have done an awesome job with your car. I have been glued to this thread for quite some time now. Hope you are able to reach you goal soon. Best of luck with your build.
Thanks so much for following along. It is hard when it takes so very long to get a project done. All of you here on CL have been so encouraging and positive about this project. I appreciate all the well wishes for both me and my car.

My arm has healed well, and the bone has grown back. Lot's of physical therapy required and I am back in the gym, but having to keep the weights light. I may be able to start wrenching again in about 4 weeks.

I am dropping the car off at the stereo shop today for the Precision Power components to be installed and for the trunk to be customized. Mars Audio, Sound and Beyond is doing the install. The new alarm has to go in as well. I am expecting Mars to take a few weeks to get the stereo all buttoned up. Once that is done, back over to Lexus to see why I lost AC coolant and repair that. The starter still needs to be replaced, but the car will start, just very reluctantly after it comes up to temp.

Once this is done, the car goes to Performance Race Solutions for a thorough once over and to work on heat containment so the engine bay will be as cool as is possible to get to. They should have it for a week. After that, back to the dyno, so, hopefully, by the end of November (2012 ), it will be ready to send to final paint. I plan to then take it to Miami after paint for the new wheels to be made and fit. My goal is to have this car ready for it's formal reveal by Christmas this year. We'll see how it goes...

Thanks to all of you for hanging in there with me for so long...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 10-25-12 at 05:15 AM.
Old 10-26-12, 04:21 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Update to the starting issues! The starter does not need to be replaced at this time, as the starting problem turned out to be the POS Optima Yellow Top battery. Even though the Auto Store showed the battery as good, it was not. i could not get the car to start so i simply took out the plain jane Interstate battery out of the Escape, connected it up and the car started right up. i drove it over to the audio shop with no further issues...Go figure!! I am replacing the Optima with a Kinetix. I am through with Optima as this is the 4th or 5th one I have had go bad on the SC, and I have hardly driven the car over the last 7 years. And, I kept it on a Battery Tender trickle charger, too, so forget Optima!!

I will keep you updated...

Ryan
Old 10-26-12, 04:31 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Update to the starting issues! The starter does not need to be replaced at this time, as the starting problem turned out to be the POS Optima Yellow Top battery. Even though the Auto Store showed the battery as good, it was not. i could not get the car to start so i simply took out the plain jane Interstate battery out of the Escape, connected it up and the car started right up. i drove it over to the audio shop with no further issues...Go figure!! I am replacing the Optima with a Kinetix. I am through with Optima as this is the 4th or 5th one I have had go bad on the SC, and I have hardly driven the car over the last 7 years. And, I kept it on a Battery Tender trickle charger, too, so forget Optima!!

I will keep you updated...

Ryan
I hear you on optima batteries, i have had 2 red tops fail, for a $200 battery its bs. I wrote them and they wont even stand behind it, I'm done too.
Old 10-26-12, 05:32 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Never trust an auto store battery test. I'm tired of telling clients their batteries are bad and the auto store carrying the warranty always saying the batteries are fine. It never fails.

As for Optima, I wrote that POS company off around the year 2000. The batteries are always failing. I burned thru many of them back in my Celica All-Trac turbo days. I only used it because I had the battery relocated to the rear hatch and needed something sealed. There are better brands out there now.
Old 10-26-12, 07:11 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Funny you guys are talking about batteries! I just read a thread on SF about batteries couple days and everyone that had them said they are POS!
Old 10-27-12, 10:51 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Yep, every performance oriented person I have spoken with about Optima claims them to SUCK! I know I have written them off.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 10-27-12 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-27-12, 11:04 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

The good news is the Lexus is being prepped to represent in the Spring Break Nationals this coming May, 2013. I am looking forward to finally getting this car done and completed.

All the MB Quart components and the Alpine V12 amps came out of the Lexus this weekend and were installed in the 4Runner. The head unit is a Pioneer Avic Z2, and it stayed in the Lexus. The 4Runner got a new Soundstream DVD/NAV installed with a back up camera. Looks damned good, sounds damned better!! I seriously enjoyed the drive home tonight in the 4Runner.

I also bought a new DD as the 4Runner is going back to my wife, and she can hardly wait. I am seriously trying not to get the mod bug for the new DD.

I will keep you posted on the Lexus...I really want to get it finished...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 10-28-12 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-03-12, 02:08 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default PPI Stereo Build

The PPI build is really progressing nicely. I have attached a few teaser shots as well as the custom STB that Barron Millet built for me...

STB:

More to come...

Ryan
Old 11-03-12, 02:11 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

A few more pics...

Old 11-03-12, 07:13 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Last teasers until finished...Mars will not let me see anymore until it is finished...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 11-07-12 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-11-12, 07:23 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

The stereo build is done and it is freaking awesome!!! I hope a few members like Deron and Scooter will post up their thoughts on it. I am not posting pics up right now though...Because it is premature...My car has been selected by Epsilon to be one of the two featured PPI builds in their booth this March at the Spring Break Nationals in Daytona Beach. Because of that, I am not unveiling the car until then. Afterwards, I will post up pics of it and I will start a reveal thread with the dyno, the stereo build, the interior build, the engine build completion, the wheel selection, etc.

If you want to see the car live, make plans to see the build at the SBN.

I will post up a few more things on this build here, but just updates as I know you guys have grown weary of the very, very long wait. Just 90 more days and all will be revealed. We are currently working on a magazine cover as well. Stay tuned. I will post up a listing of the stereo build here and a link to a video on Facebook of the builder's video filming the competed stereo build. Watch for it!

A couple of Teaser Photos:

The Link to the video:

http://www.facebook.com/MARSAUDIOSoundandBeyond

Btw, my Son is now a proud SC owner! He has a 93 SC400 with a new Shine kit and Meagan coilovers. White with a beautiful pearl. Welcome to the family son!

My son's SC that I just bought for him:

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 12-12-12 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-12-12, 07:38 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Tail Lights are awesome!

The ClearCorners Custom tails are about to ship out to me. I had them slightly change the 97-2000 tail from their previous version, and it is gorgeous, as they sent me a pic of the light. I looks OEM, but modern and current. Nothing dated now, IMHO. While they are expensive, they cannot be beat in quality and craftsmanship. Sweet lights!!!

The actual light:

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 12-12-12 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-12-12, 08:58 AM
addisonblc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow those look awesome man

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II