Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-12, 06:21 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

There has been no half crap done on this car. Everything has been correctly and I might add, looks amazing..
Old 12-21-12, 02:15 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
There has been no half crap done on this car. Everything has been correctly and I might add, looks amazing..
Thanks much for the Kudos!

Ryan
Old 12-23-12, 10:34 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SSmith
Ryan,

Car looks fantastic. I remember when I went through every page of this thread. Stereo looks great, but..........with all the work that went into it why do the doors like they are done??
It looks okay I guess, but imaging wise, cant' be good. Obviously the shop you had do the work is very good. They could have done fiberglass panels like "Impacts" doors and and I think it would have turned out much better. Just my two cents.

Shane
Shane, you know, I totally missed on your comment about the imaging of the speaker...you know, I did not and still do not see that as an issue because that is a three-way set up in front, and the stealth install in the map pocket is only the woofer mounted totally in its own custom enclosure which is built into that map pocket, so it is just for base, and it sounds killer. The mid-range is in the front OEM door mounting space with the stock Pioneer box modified to fit the mid.

Again, I am totally cool with your thoughts...and Impact's fiber glassed door panels are nice, but, the way the SC door is designed to open, really necessitates that lower indentation in the door under the speaker so that longer legged people can swing their feet out without hitting their shoe on the door. I know because in an earlier version of my set up, I had fiber glass door pods installed under the OEM mid-range speaker mount and they were in the way and uncomfortable as my leg leaned against the pod every time I got into the car and drove it. Plus it was nearly impossible to not hit the pod every time I got out of the car...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 12-23-12 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-23-12, 09:28 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Ryan,

I completely understand. I also didn't realize you kept the mid in the factory enclosure, makes more since now. I wasn't trying to be to critical, your car to me is one of the top three I have ever seen. Being a little short bastard like myself I think I'll be able to get awya with it. Right now I'm firing through the factory grill with a Morel 6-1/2 that has a ton of foam padding keeping everything firing through the factory grill. I can't tell a difference with the door panel on or off, so I may leave it that way anyway. I do have 300 watts driving each door speaker so that may be making a difference too. Keep up all the good work. There is only a couple of threads I follow now and yours is one of them.

Shane
Old 02-03-13, 04:24 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Ryan,

I completely understand. I also didn't realize you kept the mid in the factory enclosure, makes more since now. I wasn't trying to be to critical, your car to me is one of the top three I have ever seen. Being a little short bastard like myself I think I'll be able to get awya with it. Right now I'm firing through the factory grill with a Morel 6-1/2 that has a ton of foam padding keeping everything firing through the factory grill. I can't tell a difference with the door panel on or off, so I may leave it that way anyway. I do have 300 watts driving each door speaker so that may be making a difference too. Keep up all the good work. There is only a couple of threads I follow now and yours is one of them.

Shane
Shane,

Thanks for your props, I always appreciate it when you or any member offer up kudos for my hard work on this project.... Sounds like you have a nice set up too! That's a good amount of power driving those Morels, and Morels are well made. I bet they o sound good indeed...

Ryan
Old 02-03-13, 05:36 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Quick update

Lots of progress on the project...
1) Leather hides have come in, and they are very nice. The ones I had originally ordered were defective (harder and thinner than they should have been) and the manufacturer was great and took care of me very professionally. These black leather hides are a fine grain, soft and supple to the touch and are perfect for my planned reupholstery design for the car.
2) Finally decided on wheel sizes, Front: 20x9", ET 37 with a 2.5" lip, Rear: 20x10.5", ET 42 with a 3.5" lip. Tires will be 245/30/20 in front, and 295/25/20 in rear.
3) Remaking the gauge pod front plate. It will be thicker, and more contoured in design. It will no longer be in a burl finish either.
4) Organizing the vacuum tubing and the wiring so that much of it is hidden or very clean to view.
5) Modified the stock engine bay covers to fit around the SS braided hose and AN fittings. making custom fabbed engine bay covers to cover up a lot of the accessories under the hood to give it a clean appearance.
6) Replaced all the cheap air filters with K&N.
7) Replaced the Innovate LC1/analog gauge with updated Innovate Digital set up.
8) Modified Cowboy's billet dual Walbro pump hanger to fit dual Denso Supra TT pumps.
9) Selected Car O Van to glaze, buff, wet sand and buff the paint. they will also repair slight damage and nicks to paint and paint my rear Fujin Lip, front bumper and mount my emblems and hood vent grills. The reason I chose them is they are located in central Florida area, and they painted all of the custom stereo parts in my car,o I know their quality of work.

Pics to come soon.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 02-15-13 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-03-13, 10:43 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default A few pics

This is without the stock covers, and with DEI high heat wrap over the spark plug wires. Notice the injector leads on both sides as well as the area around the IACV.

now with trimmed engine mounts which will be coated for final product.

New billet cup being machined for dual Denso Supra TT fuel pumps.

New K&N filter for IACV. Notice the unwrapped and uncovered spark plug wires.

Notice the whole area in front of the IACV with the covers in place.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 02-15-13 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-03-13, 10:55 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Pics continued

Notice K&N filter in far back for oil catch can.

First cover being fabricated.

2 more covers now fabricated. Almost completed with engine covers.

The car has been being worked on for a while now...All parts will be cleaned and detailed. covers polished and coated. just showing you some progress.

Another set of new and gapped plugs have been installed. This is so Darin can do final tune.

Stay tuned...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 02-03-13 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-15-13, 04:39 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default More Pics

A few more updates (Pics), cutting to the wire for the show...

All 4 engine covers now fabricated and test fitted:

Powder Coated (Bad lighting and some shadows showing):

DEI High Temp Heat shielding:

Turbo shields as SS and will be polished:

Coil Pack and leads shielded:

Ryan
Old 02-15-13, 04:51 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Interior Pics

Here are a few pics of the new leather and pattern, SC430 seat cushions being modded and gauge pod being reworked. Note the grain and quality of the leather...I will have enough left over to do another SC. Side bolsters on SC430 seats will be one piece, not two, as in original design from Lexus...

Pattern:

Pod faceplate will be 3 dimensional and not flat. No wood, Satin Black finish. This is the base, the sides of each aluminum ring are being built up and contoured:

Welded on the rings:

ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 02-15-13 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-15-13, 05:05 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Heat shielding Pics

More heat shielding...The front mounted turbos create massive heat, so the car has been carefully gone through and had the SS braided hoses to the transmission and the fuel return replaced with new ones, re-routed and wrapped and shielded for added protection. Should be no issues at all now...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 02-15-13 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-15-13, 09:43 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Ryan,

Great work brother. Love the engine covers.

Shane
Old 02-16-13, 07:21 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That much heat or all that wrap is just in case?
Old 02-16-13, 07:50 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Ryan,

Great work brother. Love the engine covers.

Shane
Thanks! I like them too.

Originally Posted by MMCtuner
That much heat or all that wrap is just in case?
That much heat...the radiant heat is significant.

Ryan
Old 02-16-13, 10:28 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

now this is truly the definition of custom work .. get 'er done .. if not done by oct for wringo's showcase meet , you are forever banned as i too have some new designs planned for my slow car before october

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II