Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-13, 05:10 PM
1UZRA65
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations Ryan. Nice to see that your finally enjoying the fruits of hard work and perseverance. The car is a huge success. Been waiting years to see the final dyno numbers, and I am sure that like the rest of the car, they will be impressive. Take it slow and get it tuned right. Lotta money invested in the engine to trash it because of a bad tune. Again congrats.
Old 03-21-13, 06:56 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1UZRA65
Congratulations Ryan. Nice to see that your finally enjoying the fruits of hard work and perseverance. The car is a huge success. Been waiting years to see the final dyno numbers, and I am sure that like the rest of the car, they will be impressive. Take it slow and get it tuned right. Lotta money invested in the engine to trash it because of a bad tune. Again congrats.
Thanks! Who are you? I see you only have (2) posts and you are from MA.

I appreciate the props though.

Ryan
Old 03-25-13, 07:20 PM
1UZRA65
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha. Always very polite Ryan. I don't really post much on forums. But when certain things interest me I'll keep tabs on a thread. I like different. I own 16 different cars. And drive every single one of them unless i have them under the knife for whatever reason. Some are similar models, but built with different approaches. Your build is different for many reasons, but what keeps me coming back to your thread is the fact that you are sticking with the 1uz and not taking the traditional approach and slapping a 2j in it. As far as I am concerned, the 1uz should have about the same ability as the 2j with the only limiting factor possibly being the aluminum block. The ausies are very successful with extracting power from the 1uz. There's a guy running low 8's in a stock block (aftermarket rods and pistons, ) 1uz. Think he goes by the user name mrprassac. He may be faster by now. Last time i checked was a year ago. There were other guys running faster, but they were all out race cars. This car seemed to have very good street manners. Anyways, I guess I want to see someone in the US bring out the animal in a 1uz and with the determination you have I think you may just be the person to getter done.:-)

AJ
Old 03-25-13, 10:56 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

AJ , cool words and thoughts. I so appreciate civility on the forums, and your kindness. I thank you for pointing out the years of dedication and determination that I have put into this project, especially that I stuck with the 1UZ. I know the1UZ can create enormous power when built correctly and then tuned properly. The Aussies success with the UZ is a large reason for my determination and even for my choice in selecting the Autronic ECU. I too thought about the aluminum block, but since I did not want more than 800-1000 WHP, I decided it was sufficient.

We just replaced the large mil spec harness, and the connections are all now directly soldered wire by wire. Start up tomorrow. If all goes well, tune will be in the next week or so. I promise to finally post up some big dyno numbers, assuming I do have success in achieving them. What a way to close out this thread...

Awesome to have so many cars... I have several, but not as many as you do...Enjoy them!

Ryan
Old 04-01-13, 07:38 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Delayed progress as I was on a cruise in the Bahamas and just returned.Had a lot of fun. Met great people, ate and drank a lot...

I will be entering the car back into another show this weekend. Wish me luck. I will start the new thread, but not until I have the dyno numbers, the video and the Professional photos. I saw a few of the pro pics and they are awesome!

In the meantime, I took a few pics of the car while at Raw Brokerage today...Enjoy, I certainly did!

Old 04-01-13, 07:45 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

A few more:

Ryan
Old 04-02-13, 01:28 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear everything is up and running. Car looks phenomenal, I can't wait to see engine pictures and vids of the car in action!
Old 04-02-13, 04:01 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Any insight you can give if you're planning on modding the fogs to match the already custom headlight? And you haven't put on the clearcorner tails yet right? Looking forward to the pro pics Ryan. It turned out really nice man. Congrats on a successful project!
Old 04-02-13, 04:54 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Any insight you can give if you're planning on modding the fogs to match the already custom headlight? And you haven't put on the clearcorner tails yet right? Looking forward to the pro pics Ryan. It turned out really nice man. Congrats on a successful project!
I have no plans to change the fogs out. They are in line with the side markers and are both located in the lower front bumper area, where as the high and low beams are in the upper bumper area, so they all work just fine.

No they are not yet installed, but hopefully sometime this month.

Thanks!

Last edited by SC400TT; 04-03-13 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-03-13, 07:17 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I see your vision now. Mind me asking how many original miles does your SC have? Your engine is swapped right, if my memory serves me right?
Old 04-03-13, 10:58 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Chassis has 130,000 miles on it. Engine and transmission, including rear end have less than 3,000 miles on them. Yes, I bought a second 1UZ and built that one while I drove the car and prepped it for the swap. I kept the original motor as a spare, and hopefully, I will never need it.

Ryan
Old 04-27-13, 04:22 PM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Ryan,
Did you go to the dyno?
Old 04-28-13, 04:32 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MMCtuner
Hi Ryan,
Did you go to the dyno?
No I have not...I have not been able to sync up with the tuner yet.

Ryan
Old 05-14-13, 07:45 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well done brother, well done! Congrats on the trophies...just pure amazing!

steve
Old 05-15-13, 02:33 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Well done brother, well done! Congrats on the trophies...just pure amazing!

steve
Thanks Bro!

Ryan

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II