xHypnofish
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get this thing running good?
Old 02-02-13, 06:04 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bump!!!! because we have a new section!!!!

and it's running. but going to switch out turbo this month. and around april do head gasket and stem seals!!!!
Old 02-05-13, 06:09 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what turbo are you switching to?
Old 02-22-13, 10:48 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

holset hx40!!
Old 02-23-13, 06:55 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Jim, why are you switching out turbo's?

You running the other supporting mods to support this? Fuel, pump, injectors, etc???
Old 03-03-13, 05:45 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Jim, why are you switching out turbo's?

You running the other supporting mods to support this? Fuel, pump, injectors, etc???
yes i have a wally, and iam using the fpr to adjust my fuel curve for now. although i have some jdm 444's i can install and iam supposted to have some usdm 550's headed my way.

the h1c didn't have enough umph! for me. got a bigger newer 40 for more stock injector umph!!
Old 03-03-13, 05:49 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Is it ever enough???

Thats the biggest question. .

If I need anymore I will add another in take fuel pump prolly a TT, then turn the boost up with some race gas. For now I am very happy with my setup. It doesn't matter if you have 375 or 705rwhp, if you cant put it to the ground, its useless!!!!
Old 03-03-13, 06:33 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

the hp is useless on these cars period, why??? because open diffs suck. and iam using 94 soarer as the meter stick for my build. although iam going to get some more mods(like intake mani and some cams).

i do plan on running a map ecu this year. but thats in the works, i will be taking this car back east to nyc, then up to canada before the end of the summer.
Old 03-03-13, 06:43 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

You can fix the rear end problem by swapping it out to LSD or Auto TT.

The use of cams will provide better midrange and especially up top. I dont know anything about the intake manifold, but they look cool. I remember when I had my car tuned, Jeremy from Zen Motors (no longer there), asked me what manifold I had. He stated the stock one is better than any aftermarket one. I dont know?????
Old 03-03-13, 06:53 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

so, it's update time!!!

every now and then i tend to forget i have this bay boy in the corner of my garage.

i never have the time to get that final stripped head bolt off so i can scrap the head and maybe clean up the block. well it's hanging around when/if/just incase/hope not/ the 1jz blows up.

so i ordered a cup holder, as it's the last thing missing from the front of my interior to make it oem complete.

i also pick up some steering rack bushlings on the cheap.

but to my dismay the damn thing dosen't fit.

but, there does look like some hooks for a cupholder. i was informed maybe i have a later model item.

anywhoo this is for sale or trade for the right one.
Old 03-03-13, 07:00 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

so it's time to tackle this turbo thing before i fully give my attention to the rb(time remaining as of today, 7 days left).

so i shot up to omaha for a balance as all the places i checked with wanted to play *** games with thier balancing prices.

when to this place called diesel specialty.

now thats a price you can't beat. but heres where iam confused. some places said they needed the bearings and the shaft/wheels d.s. didn't. he informed me that my shaft did have unreparable bearing scorch. from the previous pics that was evident. so i might be looking for a new shaft in the near future.

he also told me that i don't have to get the coldside wheel balanced again ever, and that i don't need to assemble it using matchmarks like ive heard from so many people before?? idk. i was told 2ft pounds to tighthen the screw so a quarter turn after finger tight.

Last edited by megamax; 03-03-13 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-03-13, 07:19 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

so just to recapp i purchased this hotside.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/prod...4&cat=0&page=1

iam sticking with my puny t3 mani for now. and the biggest problem with switching these banded turbo is the fabbing to make it fit. i just finallt got the h1c band to mate and still had a hiss between it during inital startup. and due to the fact i have to outsource my welding. let the new headache begin.

and after a minute with the cutter.

so this is the happy medium i need welded.

and this is what i got. it's not totally on the surface so there is a slight leak. but i have to cut the downpipe(later-on ,again). to get the lips to seal properly.

i had to do some more grinding to get the outside of the v-band lip to be more flush so the clamp could sit right.

the bullseye clamps left more to be desired. my ebay t3 hotside for my h1c had a better clamp system.

i had to drill a reserve on the coldside seeing as this was originally a external wg not going to the compressor side.

i have to say, the biggest pita thing to do on this was this damn snap ring. it was brand new in the kit i got. so i had to sofeten it up a little to make it fit.

and still after mutiple tries with the vicegrips got that **** on, i didn't like that part of life.

and tada!!! there was more cursing involved and i had to fabb some lower piping. but there it is.

Last edited by megamax; 04-26-13 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-03-13, 07:27 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Jim, from the pictures you sent me by text, I couldnt see the plastic tab still in the console. You need to remove the inside cover shown in the picture. Once removed the cup holder will slide in.. Again, I didnt see the inside plastic cover sitll intact.

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 03-03-13 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-03-13, 07:34 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

How are the nipples holding up on the water neck? I have had one bust, which cause complete chaos of me seeing white smoke coming from the inside bay whole driving. I thought I had done blowed something up. Luckily it was the nipple on the back side of the motor from the stock twins, before I removed them and used what you have installed there in the last picture.
Old 03-11-13, 08:41 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah dude. dont trust those nipple covers. they will burst. im actually paranoid about one i have on the back of the water pipe near the firewall that originally supplied water to the twin turbos. i need to figure a better way to block it.

Quick Reply: project:Soarer