Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
DAMMIT! lol
Old 10-26-11, 03:05 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
The car looks great and the swap is sick!

The ONLY ONLY reason why I don't think I personally would ever go down this road is because I feel the car would sound too much like a muscle car or hot rod. I like when luxury / sport sedans sound rather civilized during normal driving but sound beastly at WOT. This thing would probably sound like your at the dragstrip at all times...especially if you have an aggressive exhaust. High performance...no doubt! and I'm sure you will mop the floors against many HP cars but it is "starting" to veer away from being what a Lexus GS is IMHO.

I commend you for your great work and pioneering though...it takes guts, skill and money to do something like this. I too can't wait to see videos! Perhaps it will be more "civilized" than I think it would be during casual driving. Then this would be a very cool swap for more power.

BTW, any check engine lights? What OEM "features" did you lose if any when going with this LSx swap? I am not going to search through 12 pages for this info. lol
sorry i must have missed your post earlier.

This swap is not for everyone. Thats for sure. and its only 5 pages. you must have NOOB settings

I like the muscle car sound, however being a luxury car; I chose a different route on the exhaust to give the best performance and a quiet sound at idle and light throttle. However at WOT it sounds like a BEAST. Just the way I wanted it.

So far my coolant temp doesnt work. because of how the Lexus one works with the factory pcm. However I am lucky and a few engineering friends are going to make a signal converter box to make the GM sensor read out onto the factory gauge.

Other than that, I lost nothing. except the factory 3.0L motor

check out the link in my post above (DYNO VIDEO)
Old 10-26-11, 03:25 PM
AristoKing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice sleeper you have there.
Old 10-26-11, 05:15 PM
cdg306
Rookie

Do you have any interior pics? Curious how the shifter and clutch setup look. I looked thru this thread but didn't see any.
Old 10-26-11, 08:09 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cdg306
Do you have any interior pics? Curious how the shifter and clutch setup look. I looked thru this thread but didn't see any.
Looks factory

I'll take pictures this weekend coming up. The console is out of the car at the moment.
Old 10-29-11, 03:22 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

a few pictures....

i think i had the wrong setting on my camera. I'll try again with new pictures soon.

Old 10-29-11, 03:26 PM
Nosexnolex
Pole Position

WOW - Car look samazing. Makes me reconsider selling mine.
Old 10-29-11, 03:34 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

so much win!
Old 10-29-11, 03:57 PM
G0TB00ST
Driver

thisw swap is crazy. so stock!!!! i love it
Old 10-29-11, 05:31 PM
Vegas
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AMSMIKE,

Any pics of the center console and how the shifter is placed?
Old 10-29-11, 06:19 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vegas
AMSMIKE,

Any pics of the center console and how the shifter is placed?
this is what it looked like. (pic below) I wasnt happy with how it turned out, so i took the boot and console out.

I took it out and I am having a custom piece of plastic molded so it looks like it came from the factory this way and the shift boot will snap in. where the shifter hole and cup holders went. That will be a new piece of plastic with same shape and just 1 hole cut out for the shift boot to snap in

Old 10-29-11, 07:09 PM
Vegas
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK that looks like the shifter is roughly in the same place as the stock location. I was driving down the road yesterday trying to imagine if the shifter was more centered in the console (toward the passenger seat) and how it would feel over a bit.
Old 10-30-11, 12:47 AM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vegas
OK that looks like the shifter is roughly in the same place as the stock location. I was driving down the road yesterday trying to imagine if the shifter was more centered in the console (toward the passenger seat) and how it would feel over a bit.
the shifter itself is centered. I have an offset shift rod bolted in so its in the factory location. Really comfortable and natural feeling where its at now.
Old 10-30-11, 06:55 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

So far my coolant temp doesnt work. because of how the Lexus one works with the factory pcm. However I am lucky and a few engineering friends are going to make a signal converter box to make the GM sensor read out onto the factory gauge.
You couldn't just reuse the GS sensor? I suppose just because it's metric threaded, other than that I don't see why you can't use the oem one?

this is what it looked like. (pic below) I wasnt happy with how it turned out, so i took the boot and console out.

I took it out and I am having a custom piece of plastic molded so it looks like it came from the factory this way and the shift boot will snap in. where the shifter hole and cup holders went. That will be a new piece of plastic with same shape and just 1 hole cut out for the shift boot to snap in
You mean your going to go for something similar to the way I molded mine? I thought about modifying the shifter to come through the stock hole like you've done but then decided not to as the cupholder assembly is to deep anyway and is still in the way below which it why I guess yours are missing also even though you moved the shifter over.

I'll tell you what though, I MISS MY CUPHOLDERS!!!! I never realized how much I used them until I had none. Best I can do now it flip the rear armrest down and reach back to put drinks in the popout holder there. Bottled drinks only these days too..

But I suppose you already understand since you don't have cupholders with the panel you have now..

Last edited by 99 GS3; 10-30-11 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-30-11, 07:06 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Just curious, what rim width and tire sizes are you running? I didn't see it in the thread, maybe I missed it.

Quick Reply: 2Gen GS300...LS2 6-Speed Build Thread