Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Chin's build thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-10, 07:50 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chin, we usually have a SELOC (South Eastern Lexus Owners Club) meet the 3rd Friday of the month at the Starbucks off Piedmont and Lenox, right in the Buckhead area. Where in Buckhead do you live?
Old 12-18-10, 12:46 PM
kraven9
Lead Lap

That interior is awesome. GL with the build man.
Old 12-31-10, 09:14 AM
GS4VIPbOSS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really coming along nicely thanks for the sideskirts
Old 01-03-11, 02:18 AM
4drferio

post moreeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 01-05-11, 05:30 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ptoe
wow man, looks effing goood!!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by veritek
Chin, we usually have a SELOC (South Eastern Lexus Owners Club) meet the 3rd Friday of the month at the Starbucks off Piedmont and Lenox, right in the Buckhead area. Where in Buckhead do you live?
I'm close to the Starbucks, I can pretty much walk there.

Originally Posted by kraven9
That interior is awesome. GL with the build man.
Thank you and I need a little luck the way things are going...

Originally Posted by SC4Coupe
Really coming along nicely thanks for the sideskirts
Thanks and you are welcome.

Originally Posted by 4drferio
post moreeeeeeeeeeeeee
Will do, right now...

I almost wrapped up all the wiring for my audio install, most of the car is back together and just deciding on sub & amp placement. I picked up a JL six channel for now, this is just to hold me over until the big boys come in. It's amazing how small the JL is. I ran new speaker wire to the factory amp (for now). Will replace all speaker wires the next round of modding when I decide on components.

I need your opinion from the paint pro's on this board if you are reading this. They say pearl is one of the hardest colors to match. I am not 100% happy how my paint turned out. The quality of the work is fine but the color seems off to me, way off. I attached a pic of the roof, the gas lid, and the newly painted roof spoiler for you guys to check out. It's hard to tell in the pics but to me the newly painted parts are too white and not enough pearl/metallic is in the paint. Keep in mind my car is also dirty. Am I asking too much of a painter if I want the match near perfect and the adjacent panels not to be blended? I wanted to stay away from blending because my factory paint is near perfect and I didn't want to touch them. Do you guys think the only acceptable way to get a decent result is to paint the parts on the car and blend adjacent panels?

What do you guys think about saddle leather and black wood? I have a full set of black wood pieces laying around. I'm thinking it may look too busy, but I want to do it because I would probably be the ONLY person with that combo. It was never offered by Lexus. I may just have to pop the black wood on a door panel when I install my new speakers and see how it looks in person. The other thing I love about my interior is the wood wheel. If I go black wood, there is no matching black wood wheel, it's just black perf leather. I have to do a search because I think someone had it done custom and it looked great, but that's just more $ to spend and I want to get the cosmetics/suspension done with so I can move on to some horsepower gains. If I don't use the black wood (I'll decide in a week or so), the full package will be available, center console has heated seats. I also have a full black Sport Design leather interior out of a 2002 that will be up for sale as well Better than the black from other years because it's perf leather on the seats and the piping in gray from the factory, give you a little contrast and ties into the headliner
Old 01-05-11, 06:37 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looks good! you have a really nice platform to start on, for the black wood, i would say why not? THEYRE DOPE!! something that's fairly rare!
Old 01-05-11, 06:59 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Chin
I need your opinion from the paint pro's on this board if you are reading this. They say pearl is one of the hardest colors to match. I am not 100% happy how my paint turned out.
I'm not a pro but you are right.. the new painted stuff looks really bright white.. does not look like a match from the pictures..

I also have a full black Sport Design leather interior out of a 2002 that will be up for sale as well Better than the black from other years because it's perf leather on the seats and the piping in gray from the factory, give you a little contrast and ties into the headliner
FYI, the 04-05 GS430's came with the perforated leather too.. (not the grey piping though.. which does look slick).

I want to see the black wood with with saddle give us a pic!!

Overall your car is going together fast!

Last edited by GSJake; 01-05-11 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-05-11, 10:12 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Your car has 3 stage paint so if thEy didnt use 3 stage paint process when they painted thE kit it wont have that pearl look like the rest of the paint. It doesnt look bad and you gotta remember your comparing freshly painted parts to old paint.
Old 02-08-11, 08:45 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally got my aero parts on, car is dirty in these pics, hasn't been washed in 2 months. I still have to tweak the front and rear bumpers slightly to get them to line up better and re-install the chrome strips. I may extend the tips on the exhaust so they are a little more flush with the opening, or I may just leave it the way it is. Car wont be lowered until I get another car for my wife, I'm really not in the mood for her to curb the bumpers. Finished all the wiring with my stereo, just have to decide on speakers, but for now I just stuck a 10" ported box in the trunk and have a JL amp on the stock mids/highs and it sounds great. Amazing what a little power will do. Not sure how much longer the stock speakers will last though.

Old 02-08-11, 09:38 PM
ALLBLACKGS
Driver School Candidate

good stuff
Old 02-09-11, 12:33 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good. It'll look much better once it's lowered. Good luck finding a car for your wife.
Old 02-09-11, 12:47 AM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Is it possible for you to repaint the front half of the front fenders and blend/mix them so that its less noticeable? Front bumper and sideskirts do look whiter than the rest of the car, but I guess its also cause your car is dirty like you said.
Old 02-09-11, 04:24 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got my aero parts on, car is dirty in these pics, hasn't been washed in 2 months. I still have to tweak the front and rear bumpers slightly to get them to line up better and re-install the chrome strips. I may extend the tips on the exhaust so they are a little more flush with the opening, or I may just leave it the way it is. Car wont be lowered until I get another car for my wife, I'm really not in the mood for her to curb the bumpers. Finished all the wiring with my stereo, just have to decide on speakers, but for now I just stuck a 10" ported box in the trunk and have a JL amp on the stock mids/highs and it sounds great. Amazing what a little power will do. Not sure how much longer the stock speakers will last though.
I say do it
Old 02-09-11, 06:13 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lookin' good!
Old 02-09-11, 06:22 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

Looks great! Needs some wheels though!

Quick Reply: Chin's build thread