Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Spdfactory SC300 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-11, 09:35 AM
SpdFactory
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97RSPSCTT
first off welcome to CL. second you guys from what i see do GREAT work. that car came out gorgeous. i wish you and your shop much success in this new year, but from the results of that sc you won't need it. the customer is going to do hand stands when they see the car. if you can disclose it, about how much is that build. not an exact figure just a round about. i know already it aint cheap. once again welcome and keep up that great work.
Originally Posted by lfrers
SpeedFactory,
Reality check,

Can you throw out a rough number of how much $$$ it took to get the SC to this point, including the shell.
reality check??

Lol....well its kinda high because ALOT of stuff was bought directly from Lexus and Toyota, the motor was completely rebuilt, interior was COMPLETELY redone, new door panels, new head lights and tail lights, etc. everything rubber was replaced...Brand new bumpers, carpet, stereo system, tv and navigation. LS400 brakes, hks suspension,

we are looking at around 20000...give or take...but there still is alot more being done to the car...

Last edited by SpdFactory; 01-15-11 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-15-11, 06:27 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok long explanation but here it is.

Yea reality check. There have been a lot of newer members on here who want to build a Lexus SC chassis Supra on the cheap. Which is fine I guess, do what you can right?, but so many people are so focused on hitting some magic WHP number while the rest of the SC is Poo.

Lots of members get discouraged when they want to do a quality build when they realize how much money you got to drop, how long it really takes, and the never ending list of crap to still do. Many sell prematurely ans some come back later and start again. Ive seen so many members with builds that are on track to be something special just gave up and move on to something else before really finishing it.

So yea, Reality check. If your not going to stick with it your just tossing money in the trash. Not really sure why I care. But I've just seen too many new members with big expectations who want it quick and cheap.

There, Didn't really want to spill that on your thread but when people read it all the way through maybe they will think twice when they read a $20k+ build cost.

Question, Why did you guys start with such a rough shell? Don't you think you would have been better off getting a better shell? Just wondering.
Your build is straight up like biker build off but for SCs.
Old 01-15-11, 06:46 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Build is looking great, can't wait to see it with a different rim setup!

I think you guys could do alot better with the sub considering the rest of the build! Either one of those Ebay flush side-placement type sub boxes built for the SC, or a spare tire well flush mount setup, or possibly just replace the factory open-air sub with a REAL sub as I've seen several ppl do?? Awesome job on this complete restoration! (Btw I'd recommend using mufflers that will fit better if you haven't already welded them up.)

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 01-15-11 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-16-11, 01:10 AM
SpdFactory
Driver School Candidate

Yea reality check. There have been a lot of newer members on here who want to build a Lexus SC chassis Supra on the cheap. Which is fine I guess, do what you can right?, but so many people are so focused on hitting some magic WHP number while the rest of the SC is Poo.

Lots of members get discouraged when they want to do a quality build when they realize how much money you got to drop, how long it really takes, and the never ending list of crap to still do. Many sell prematurely ans some come back later and start again. Ive seen so many members with builds that are on track to be something special just gave up and move on to something else before really finishing it.

So yea, Reality check. If your not going to stick with it your just tossing money in the trash. Not really sure why I care. But I've just seen too many new members with big expectations who want it quick and cheap.

There, Didn't really want to spill that on your thread but when people read it all the way through maybe they will think twice when they read a $20k+ build cost.

Question, Why did you guys start with such a rough shell? Don't you think you would have been better off getting a better shell? Just wondering.
That was the shell that was brought to us by the owner...

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Build is looking great, can't wait to see it with a different rim setup!

I think you guys could do alot better with the sub considering the rest of the build! Either one of those Ebay flush side-placement type sub boxes built for the SC, or a spare tire well flush mount setup, or possibly just replace the factory open-air sub with a REAL sub as I've seen several ppl do?? Awesome job on this complete restoration! (Btw I'd recommend using mufflers that will fit better if you haven't already welded them up.)
He brought us the equipment and we installed it...
Old 01-16-11, 09:43 AM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SpdFactory
That was the shell that was brought to us by the owner...

He brought us the equipment and we installed it...
People just dont seem to understand.....
Old 01-16-11, 12:49 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

20k is not bad considering all of the work done to the car. new headlights and fogs alone are almost 1k. plus all the work on a singled 2jz which may be few thousand more, and new interior pieces are very expensive few hundred to 1k a piece. turbo projects do add up quiet quickly, a piece here and there, may cost thousands. im assuming 20k is not complete, may need a few more G's for refinement, tuning, and miscellaneous stuff. labor also adds up quickly as well.
Old 01-16-11, 01:48 PM
TriniTech
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by One HoT
20k is not bad considering all of the work done to the car. new headlights and fogs alone are almost 1k. plus all the work on a singled 2jz which may be few thousand more, and new interior pieces are very expensive few hundred to 1k a piece. turbo projects do add up quiet quickly, a piece here and there, may cost thousands. im assuming 20k is not complete, may need a few more G's for refinement, tuning, and miscellaneous stuff. labor also adds up quickly as well.
I agree, if you think about it, the entire car is practically brand new. People spend well over that on a brand new car, and then still spend more to make it they way they want it. Why not do it this way, spend as much as you want, and get it EXACTLY the way you want it.
Old 01-16-11, 02:18 PM
Str8sikk
Driver

build looks good
Old 01-16-11, 02:49 PM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

Originally Posted by One HoT
You forgot paint
Old 01-16-11, 11:52 PM
97RSPSCTT
Pole Position

dude i hope you are not referring to me, first off i was curious of the price b/c it is such an extensive build. if you want a quality build look up my rsp that i sold. I'm really not trying to be a **** but i know my sc's and i know my swaps. like i said i was curious because this was such an extensive build. thats all. all love bro
Old 01-19-11, 01:30 PM
SpdFactory
Driver School Candidate

LEDs in the taillights and interior

Old 01-19-11, 01:35 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where did u get the led lights for the door dome and the rear license plate ??? I like it and been trying to get the same thing
Old 01-19-11, 01:39 PM
fuel4blood
Driver

Looks great so far. Just need a set of proper wheels.
Old 01-19-11, 01:39 PM
SpdFactory
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
where did u get the led lights for the door dome and the rear license plate ??? I like it and been trying to get the same thing
we stock them..
Old 01-19-11, 01:43 PM
SpdFactory
Driver School Candidate

**** Not to offend anyone...but PLEASE refrain from leaving negative comments about the wheels, the customer likes the wheels...and regardless of how many ppl explain their dislike of the wheel...he will keep them on until he is ready to change them..thank you ....****

Quick Reply: Spdfactory SC300 Build Thread