Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-11, 10:36 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
No s/c for me..either all motor, or turbo. Turbo is already in the plans for later on, but it will sit where the battery is, but the battery isnt moving until then. Im so sick of messing with wires and what not, but s/c just dont do it for me...except the Magnacharger, which will not fit unless I modify the firewall.
or u can put a 200 shot on it just because ur choice of engine will laugh at it and take that all day... u kno in the mean time... lol
Old 07-15-11, 10:57 AM
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

If you were to go back and do this swap again with all of the knowledge that you have now, how hard would you say that it would be for you on a scale of 1-10?
Old 07-15-11, 11:37 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cmh
or u can put a 200 shot on it just because ur choice of engine will laugh at it and take that all day... u kno in the mean time... lol
I had thought about a wet kit for the time being, but I could simply use the money towards pipe work for a turbo

Originally Posted by LunaVyohr
If you were to go back and do this swap again with all of the knowledge that you have now, how hard would you say that it would be for you on a scale of 1-10?

Well thats hard to say. It really depends on who's doing the swap and how proficient they are with wiring schematics. If you have never done any kind of engine swap before and arent too familiar with wrenching in general, I would say an 8. If you have basic automotive knowledge, and have some basic know-how of wiring, 4. On the other hand, if you have been messing with cars of all sorts, several swaps, na-t builds, harness splicing from one make to another, easily a 2-3.

I would say a 1, but the swap did have its points where it got kind of hectic and even had me scratching my head, but keep in mind too Im keeping a/c so that was a big factor. Not to mention there is plenty of room in front of the engine, but its got less than a fingers worth of room between the firewall, and wasnt the easiest engine to get to sit on the mounts..took a fair amount of common sense to make it fit.

But all in all, I think anyone could do the swap with minimal assistance. Its no harder to wire in than an Aristo swap thanks to the basic layout of the LS harness. And if you by chance get a set of DGR mounts, well the mechanics portion is simple, but it will take 2 people and some minor cutting and hammering.

But heading out right now to find some stuff to modify the cross member. Have the plan laid out in my head, and measured, but need some material and my welder from my work van. Possible pics tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-18-11, 02:43 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Well guys, ran into a minor setback..and a stupid one at that on my part. I did not take into account the location of the stock oil filter compared to the crossmember. So the crossmember is going to wait to be welded into place until my oil filter relocation kit arrives from Jegs.
Old 07-18-11, 08:52 PM
bullfrogg0
Driver School Candidate

Can u tell me why u have decided to ignore me?
Old 07-18-11, 09:41 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Well guys, ran into a minor setback..and a stupid one at that on my part. I did not take into account the location of the stock oil filter compared to the crossmember. So the crossmember is going to wait to be welded into place until my oil filter relocation kit arrives from Jegs.
Hey guy lookin to be upthere around your parts thursday some time ill give you a ring...
Old 07-18-11, 11:08 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BigSticks
Hey guy lookin to be upthere around your parts thursday some time ill give you a ring...
sounds good
Old 09-04-11, 09:30 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

This is simply Im still alive and making small progress on my build update. Got a couple things done on it today, but main goal was to get my garage clean. Tomorrow being a holiday, Im going to try and get some more completed, but just to put some smiles and keep the interest:

Ignore the 97 bumper, it needs alot of work...and I mean alot. And ignore the mess in my driveway, stupid (ford 7.3) truck decided to bust out with an oil leak today

and again, ignore some of the mess, started taking some unnecessary items off for the new fuel rails coming in, got the new throttle cable in, and going to start on the clutch master cylinder tomorrow. Finally got the GTO intake mounted, going to start fabbing up an airbox soon with ducting, and some covers for the ABS pump, brake booster/clutch master, and need to make a battery box for the passenger side...still strange seeing the battery on that side.
Old 09-04-11, 09:36 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

that looks so clean... Nice work... Can't wait for some videos..
Old 09-04-11, 10:14 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

Awesome job guy
Old 09-04-11, 10:47 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
that looks so clean... Nice work... Can't wait for some videos..
Thanks. Still working on vids. Battery is dead (and now possibly the starter), and waiting on some fittings to get the oil filter more accessible. But soon, very soon.

Originally Posted by BigSticks
Awesome job guy
Thanks, cant wait to get it done. Its been too long since I have been in it, I couldnt get out of it after I washed it.
Old 09-05-11, 06:51 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

TD, it's going to be a beast...can't wait to see it completed.
Old 09-05-11, 10:26 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Thank you Steve. And yes you arent alone in waiting for it to be done. Its been a handful with the combination of the swap, and converting to manual trans at the same time.
Old 09-05-11, 01:53 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good!!!
Old 09-05-11, 07:48 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

i looked thru this whole thread several times... looking to put something like this into my sc400. got any good reading material saved... u kno cuz i have a lot of questions and dnt wanna thread jack.

one question i will ask is, where do u get the mounts from? i googled but it only showed me a lot of ppl that use them but not a for sale site.. thanks

Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread