Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-11, 04:56 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup, millertime...but there are some very big differences between his build and mine. But I should have it on the road soon.
Old 09-10-11, 05:42 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I was waiting for someone to do this Swap on the SC!

What kind of Diff are you running? stock A/T?
Old 09-10-11, 05:48 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Levistey0
Nice! I was waiting for someone to do this Swap on the SC!

What kind of Diff are you running? stock A/T?
Been at it for a while, and there are 3 or 4 other members with LSx swaps aswell

For right now I will be running the stock 4.27 open diff, but when it comes time for the cam install, an LSD is in the works for sure. No point in running 315's that only hook on one tire.
Old 09-12-11, 05:38 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Finally got my fuel system finished up. An fitting all installed, FPR hooked up and mounted. Just waiting on 2 an fittings for the oil lines, and a new battery..

Getting closer. More pics to come soon.
Old 09-14-11, 04:14 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Mini Hijack

LS Engine Mounts!!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ck-it-out.html
Old 09-14-11, 04:54 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

lol... i just pm'ed him to ask him if these were the right mounts. i was interested in his swap myself...
Old 09-14-11, 05:04 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cmh
lol... i just pm'ed him to ask him if these were the right mounts. i was interested in his swap myself...
They are the same mounts TURBODREMZ has and the same ones in my GS600!
Old 09-20-11, 11:16 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Finally got some time off this week. So Ill have a few updates.

As of right now, the carpet is out, cleaning up wires behind the dash, getting the dash wires sorted out for the cluster, hooking up the Dakota boxes, and carpet will be dyed black later tonight.

Have to drop the starter, drill for the clutch master, clutch pedal will be here this week and ready to modify.

All thats left is tires and a couple minor things here and there. Finally finished up the oil filter relocation clearance issues, new fuel lines are in and mounted, working on fabbing up a cover for the ABS pump and a heat shield/airbox for the intake.

Also going to be removing some of the OEM sound deadening material from the front. Have some dynomat coming in along with some gold heat barrier tape for a few things under the hood.

Have to pick up some fiberglass/bondo-glass to make a cover for the passenger side exhaust exit delete and start fixing the front bumper.

More to come soon
Old 09-20-11, 07:55 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Have to drop the starter, drill for the clutch master, clutch pedal will be here this week and ready to modify.
are you going the route I PM'd you? Let me know what you ended up with!
Old 09-20-11, 08:09 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
are you going the route I PM'd you? Let me know what you ended up with!
Thats exactly what I am doing. Figured $52 for the Wilwood pedal, and a bit of welding was much better than $300+ for a Toyota/Lexus pedal..not to mention I already have some spare steel laying around that would be perfect

Once its done, I will have a measurement of how much the lower section was moved over with a fitment picture
Old 09-20-11, 08:40 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Thats exactly what I am doing. Figured $52 for the Wilwood pedal, and a bit of welding was much better than $300+ for a Toyota/Lexus pedal..not to mention I already have some spare steel laying around that would be perfect

Once its done, I will have a measurement of how much the lower section was moved over with a fitment picture
awesome! yeah oem set up is a rip off!!!!
Old 09-24-11, 04:03 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Ok, another quick update. Still working on the carpet (excuse the way it looks, ran out of dye half way through) , its almost black and looks much better than the gray that was in there. New starter is on its way, will be here Wednesday, re-wired my fuel pump to its own independent 12v relay and it sounds much stronger than before. Set the FPR to 60psi, may need some minor adjustment later on, but for now its good. Wilwood swing mount single cylinder clutch pedal modified and mounted, still working on finishing the bracket, but here it is: (same bracket design as AMSMIKE, with a 3'' shift to the right, and 3/4'' lower from the cut point)

Foot room right now is acceptable, but thinking of shaving or removing the dead-pedal for more comfort.

Got the fuel lines wrapped up in some thermal shield, waiting for the thermal hose for the oil lines to come in. PS hose just needs to be measured and assembled. Need to pinout the wires for the Stock speedo and tach signal and water temp. I have found both the temp and speedo on the body harness, but still iffy on the wire I have for the tach signal to the cluster.

Driftmotion adapter waiting for the 3rl to 1350 u-joint, and the 1350 flange. Other than that, only thing left is a new battery and new rear tires. Once the new starter is in, Ill crank her over again, check for leaks, double check fuel pressure, pinout the tach signal properly, and if I can get the DS parts in time, give her a quick spin around the block.

For anyone with questions, keep an eye on AMSMike's LSx mounts FAQ's, I am working on a write up that will give details on whats needed for a basic running LS1/T56 swap including a very simple wiring guide. The auto 4l6/80 trans should be straight forward since most of us already have auto trans, and seems a bit simple. But there are details with the T56 trans that require some attention. I will also be including basic details for those who dont want to run any aftermarket equipment from the start, such as the OEM GM power steering pump and get it to work with the stock steering rack.

But my SC is almost there. If I can have it completed and 100% in time, I will be cruising out to the TX Mile, so if anyone wants to cruise along, let me know and I will keep you updated. I will be going either way, but my truck uses wayy too much fuel
Old 09-24-11, 04:40 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Good stuff right there. Glad the pedal worked out for you!

Thank you again for all the write ups and info

Speedo and Tach shouldn't be an issue with the Dakota digital boxes.

water temp on the SC should work just fine. But on the GS, I could not get the water temp to work. I think its because the GS used the fan switch as the sensor and ran to the ecu, then the cluster. I tried using the Supra/SC300 1-wire gauge temp sensor and run it to the cluster and no results.

I tried:
83420-16040 (GAGE ASSY, WATER TEMPERATURE SENDER)
90980-11428 (1 wire PLUG)
82998-12440 (TERMINAL)

So what I did was bought the ScanGauge. and it connects to the OBDII port and reads all the factory GM sensors and I get water temp there.
Old 09-25-11, 06:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

^^^Just looked in to the ScanGauge, and will be ordering 2 of them. One for my car and one for my truck. Thanks for the heads up on that. Even if the temp gauge reads on my stock cluster, I would still like to have some additional data displayed.

As for the progress made over the weekend, finished wiring the inside just need to wire up the reverse lights, got the carpet installed finally. Still isnt completely black, but its close enough. Thinking of selling both my front seats for something lighter, cause wow, I forgot how heavy they are. Once the starter comes in, car will come off the jack-stands, get the hood back on, and then go get the conversion u-joint and the 1350 flange.

After almost a year its getting close to being finished for the time being. It will have some down time again soon, for paint and some other details that I will not be sharing/disclosing at this time.
Old 09-26-11, 08:31 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Yeah no prob. the scangauge is awesome!

Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread