Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

YeA My Build Up

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-12, 09:49 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Let me have dibs on the rear springs, if you decide to part with them...
Old 08-29-12, 10:54 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanna move to Florida so damn bad. The sc community down there is way larger and seems more friendly in my opinion
Old 10-11-12, 12:22 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys I have a weird question......

When it rains I get water coming in from the sunroof, it closes and opens perfectly but upon furthur inspection it does this when i close the doors.

Does the sunroof on anyone elses SC do this ? If not then why and what can I do about it ? Yes i know the paint is faded on my roof........

Oh and I just picked these up today, will prob throw them on next week

Last edited by YeA 2jZ; 10-11-12 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-11-12, 12:38 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Hey guys I have a weird question......

When it rains I get water coming in from the sunroof, it closes and opens perfectly but upon furthur inspection it does this when i close the doors.
Just about all cars do it to a certain degree. My fathers E55 did it. So did his 740. My Trailblazer SS does it. My SC does it as well.

Air pressure. Does not necessarily mean 'leak' because ALL sunroofs 'leak'. Just depends on how well the drainage system works preventing it from getting into the car.
Old 10-11-12, 12:42 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by INTIMAZY
Just about all cars do it to a certain degree. My fathers E55 did it. So did his 740. My Trailblazer SS does it. My SC does it as well.

Air pressure. Does not necessarily mean 'leak' because ALL sunroofs 'leak'. Just depends on how well the drainage system works preventing it from getting into the car.
Damn I guess I gotta see if the little drain holes are clogged up or something.
Old 10-31-12, 04:26 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Slapped on some new rollers... Sorry no drop yet, but its on the way along with some other mods

Old 10-31-12, 06:28 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice project! It has steadily progressed nicely. Way up! Where are you with the SC430 seat project?

Has anybody done that conversion? SC430 seats in an earlier SC400/SC300?

Ryan
Old 10-31-12, 07:19 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Nice project! It has steadily progressed nicely. Way up! Where are you with the SC430 seat project?

Has anybody done that conversion? SC430 seats in an earlier SC400/SC300?

Ryan
Thanks Ryan the seats are still on the do to list but I am trying to finish my suspension mods first. SInce the car is high mileage I have a very slugish ride. Trying to get some BC coils and Battle Version arms to help remidy that. Maybe next month I can start on the seat swap, the seats arent that expensive I think about 300-400 per seat. I will try to source and passenger side one first and start there. I dont think anyone has done it before so it should be a first.

Also a little teaser of more goodies coming along...

Last edited by YeA 2jZ; 10-31-12 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-01-12, 06:04 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

looking good bro, I like the new wheels...hey you beat me to the Tanabes lol!
Old 11-01-12, 10:13 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sunroof hops when I close my door too, but that wasnt the cause of the leak that I had.

I had pulled apart the headliner and noticed that the passenger side drain hose( coming from the sunroof assembly ----- to the train hole underneath the cd changer in the trunk ) was unhooked.

I always saw a wetspot on the sunroof slider, and within time the water damage destroyed my rear seats' leather upholstery. If I were you, although it is a pain, I would take apart the headliner and check the drain hoses ---- if they are unhooked. Also check for clogs, but don't pull em out of their position --- theyre a pain to slide back in, if you've got a compressor tank shoot it with some air like how you would unclog washer nozzles.
Old 11-01-12, 10:20 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

PPL I have a question, I seen some SC's with the passenger side airbag that the trim peice is a part of the airbag. But mine is not like that, it's just a one piece trim like on my old 92 non pass airbag. Is this correct looking on my 99'.

Surprised no one had anything to say about this . You need to get the proper trim for that airbag, If not, I don't think it will deploy properly.

If your airbag goes off it'll rip that trim off and send it flying into your passenger's face. The proper trim opens downward the way the glovebox does, to allow the airbag to fully deploy.

UNLESS!!!!!......the airbag deploys from that little slit in the middle of the airbag panel?

Last edited by Candela; 11-01-12 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-01-12, 01:37 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Candela
Surprised no one had anything to say about this . You need to get the proper trim for that airbag, If not, I don't think it will deploy properly.

If your airbag goes off it'll rip that trim off and send it flying into your passenger's face. The proper trim opens downward the way the glovebox does, to allow the airbag to fully deploy.

UNLESS!!!!!......the airbag deploys from that little slit in the middle of the airbag panel?
From the research I did thie airbag is correct. The one your talking about which was the one I was also thinking about is the 95-96 passengerside airbag. They changed em up I dunno why.... I could be wrong though
Old 11-01-12, 02:01 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

From the research I did thie airbag is correct. The one your talking about which was the one I was also thinking about is the 95-96 passengerside airbag. They changed em up I dunno why.... I could be wrong though
You are correct, I wanted to double check to let you know. Mine is a 93 and it has the trim I was talking about. You're golden
Old 11-01-12, 03:03 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

92 didn't have passenger airbag.
inbetween years had the smooth airbag with the sectioned trim (my 95 is like this)
very late years (I want to say 98+ but i could be off by a year) went to airbag with a slit and no sectioned trim.
92 looks the best, I think they realized that half way through and re-engineered it.

My 95 when I first got it

Last edited by Ali SC3; 11-01-12 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-01-12, 09:04 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
looking good bro, I like the new wheels...hey you beat me to the Tanabes lol!
Thanks bro and yea I had to jump on the Tanabes, I had a set of Nur Spec on my white SC and loved them. But I feel they need to be on a car with a body kit and since I dont want a kit I think the Tanabes flow real nice with the stock 97+ look

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
92 didn't have passenger airbag.
inbetween years had the smooth airbag with the sectioned trim (my 95 is like this)
very late years (I want to say 98+ but i could be off by a year) went to airbag with a slit and no sectioned trim.
92 looks the best, I think they realized that half way through and re-engineered it.
Yup that is correct

Quick Reply: YeA My Build Up