Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Stick's Daily/Drift SC300 build

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-11, 09:05 AM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Yes when you go single and you on stock ecu you must install a small filter on the back of thr iacv .......

ahh i was informed to leave it open and just rock out
Old 08-28-11, 01:31 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

with a filter and open air it wont run it does it's start and die thing, with it pluged off it fires up and idle perfect just wont rev it stumble and trys to die
Old 08-28-11, 02:25 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you unplug it when you blocked it off? I know its kind of a newb questions, but I was under the impression with the 1JZ you can block off the IAC and compensate for idle with the throttle plate adjustment screws.
Old 08-28-11, 06:02 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Put a filter on the back it should solve the problem or just do what chris mentioned above but sometimes you may have to help it idle stay on the gas pedal till it warms up..
Old 08-29-11, 08:25 AM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

i tired it both ways open closed with a filter blocked off to start then open it still nothing. only way it stays running is blocked off, but wont rev i can guve it maybe 2-5% throttle then it stumbles and smells stupid rich. i need a wideband and my aem wired in so i can actually goto work on it
Old 08-29-11, 09:34 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

that's weird man i just did a swap where the owner actually didn't want the aicv so we just block it completely car starts and run no problem.
Or you can run a hose from the back of the aic to the intake pipe in front of the turbo , or just unplug the sensor and see what it does.
Old 08-29-11, 09:43 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BigSticks
i tired it both ways open closed with a filter blocked off to start then open it still nothing. only way it stays running is blocked off, but wont rev i can guve it maybe 2-5% throttle then it stumbles and smells stupid rich. i need a wideband and my aem wired in so i can actually goto work on it
You should get a Tube and out an oil Breather on it like i did. This valve actually helps with stuff (even if you have a single). DO not Block it, if it stinks at idleing from there then something else is wrong?
did you upgrade your Injectors?
are you running the Ctock ECU?
Piggy back,SAFC?

Mine did this after i swapped the map sensor but it was fuel correction that needed to be made and why it was not running correcty unless i plugged the IACV.
YOu should get a wideband ASAP so you can find out what the deal is.
Old 08-29-11, 09:57 AM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

that's weird man i just did a swap where the owner actually didn't want the aicv so we just block it completely car starts and run no problem.
Or you can run a hose from the back of the aic to the intake pipe in front of the turbo , or just unplug the sensor and see what it does.
i'm not running the twins thats why i'v had it open/closed

Originally Posted by Triple C
You should get a Tube and out an oil Breather on it like i did. This valve actually helps with stuff (even if you have a single). DO not Block it, if it stinks at idleing from there then something else is wrong?
did you upgrade your Injectors?
are you running the Ctock ECU?
Piggy back,SAFC?

Mine did this after i swapped the map sensor but it was fuel correction that needed to be made and why it was not running correcty unless i plugged the IACV.
YOu should get a wideband ASAP so you can find out what the deal is.
stock injectors (for now) stock ecu i have a aem fic but have not installed it, so it sould idle and rev up np with no boost
Old 08-29-11, 10:23 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

i'm not running the twins thats why i'v had it open/closed

stock injectors (for now) stock ecu i have a aem fic but have not installed it, so it sould idle and rev up np with no boost
I know you single turbo that's why i said in front of the intake pipe infront of the turbo the 4" inatke pipe sometimes have some nipples on it , or fittings if we can call them. the pipe has a light fittings on it in different sizes.

i told you to block it off if you because they always go bad and they cost a couple hundred.
or maybe your Iac is bad
did you unplug it to see it it will make a difference?
Old 08-29-11, 10:32 AM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

I know you single turbo that's why i said in front of the intake pipe infront of the turbo the 4" inatke pipe sometimes have some nipples on it , or fittings if we can call them. the pipe has a light fittings on it in different sizes.

i told you to block it off if you because they always go bad and they cost a couple hundred.
or maybe your Iac is bad
did you unplug it to see it it will make a difference?
ya i'v tried that
Old 08-29-11, 10:53 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

last thing i would do is remove the whole thing and cap off the hole in the intake, to be honest it should work i don't know what's going on with it.
Old 08-29-11, 11:01 AM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

i have a block off plate that came on one of my motor that was on a standalone i think i'm gonna put that between the mani and the iacv
Old 08-29-11, 11:34 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

i have a block off plate that came on one of my motor that was on a standalone i think i'm gonna put that between the mani and the iacv

Thats what I would do. Then set your idle with the throttle plate adjustment screws. The 1J iac is known to fail, and no they arent cheap to replace. But I have been reading up on them and seems that bypassing them and setting idle elsewhere has been done successfully on several occasions.
Old 08-29-11, 01:37 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Thats what I would do. Then set your idle with the throttle plate adjustment screws. The 1J iac is known to fail, and no they arent cheap to replace. But I have been reading up on them and seems that bypassing them and setting idle elsewhere has been done successfully on several occasions.
yeah i just did that and it works awesome....

In other news today,

WHHOOOOO i dun did goood booiiiisss she dund went rev rev (past 2k) and boy is she angry... letting it cool down (no fan on'er yet) then i'm go **** off ye ole neighbors hehe... the simple thangs in life that make ya say DANG'OOHHH!!!!!

now that i'm done with my redneckery i shall go have fun...
Old 08-29-11, 01:54 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

So shes up and running good?! I cant wait to see it, and go to an event and get some in car footage. So when you going to install the FIC and up the boost?

Quick Reply: Stick's Daily/Drift SC300 build