Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

intro thread: new to me ls600hl

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-11, 02:29 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
interesting, did this just started on your car? don't recall hearing this when we tested it
well, i'm sure jmcraney's procedure will fix it. i only hear it when there are massive crosswinds
Old 10-13-11, 06:40 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cheez80
DOWN. when are you back?
should be back in a week or so, hopefully longer i'm starting to enjoy this place

Originally Posted by rominl
interesting, did this just started on your car? don't recall hearing this when we tested it
actually yes, this just started i thought i might be one of those who wouldn't have this issue but I heard it for the first time and thought to myself, "hmm this is probably what everyone on CL is complaining about -_-"
Old 10-13-11, 07:35 PM
jmcraney

Received 270 Likes on 205 Posts

I have explained several times that "auditioning" cars does not provide any protection from this defect. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your input on this issue is very valuable to many LS owners.

Last edited by jmcraney; 10-13-11 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-24-11, 04:49 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

OK GUYS I BOUGHT WHEELS FINALLY

22x10 +40 off a range rover sport hahahaha. going to be running a 255/30/22 on these, going to refinish them with silver paint and maybe a polished time attack stripe. i'll keep you guys posted
Old 10-28-11, 11:30 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Old 10-30-11, 10:24 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK GUYS I BOUGHT WHEELS FINALLY

22x10 +40 off a range rover sport hahahaha. going to be running a 255/30/22 on these, going to refinish them with silver paint and maybe a polished time attack stripe. i'll keep you guys posted
what happened to the supposed staggered baller vip fat lip fitment you were going to run ¿¿¿

you were talking a good game about running the different size tires but having the same overall diameter,, this is fine until you get into the physics of stretching then everything is out the window... i wanted to hear some actual feedback of someone running this type of setup.

i was awfully intrigued at the start of this thread cuz i am considering a 600 and want to continue the vip trend but was worried about the awd and having the normal vibration issues on a lowered awd car w/ staggered fitment. dasai
Old 10-30-11, 12:27 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
what happened to the supposed staggered baller vip fat lip fitment you were going to run ¿¿¿

you were talking a good game about running the different size tires but having the same overall diameter,, this is fine until you get into the physics of stretching then everything is out the window... i wanted to hear some actual feedback of someone running this type of setup.

i was awfully intrigued at the start of this thread cuz i am considering a 600 and want to continue the vip trend but was worried about the awd and having the normal vibration issues on a lowered awd car w/ staggered fitment. dasai
whoa whoa haha. i have a set of radenergies waiting for a rebarrel sitting here in the garage, but i decided the car isn't low enough for step lipped 21's. i got these rinspeeds as a stopgap measure, i guess, until i can get all of the suspension pieces i need to get lower.

anyway, just cause it doesn't have fat lips doesn't mean they're not baller, my friend. these rinspeeds cost $1800/ea new.

i stand by my comments about running same OD tires -- VAG guys have been doing it for decades on their cars with quattro.

since i can't put together a "baller vip fat lip fitment", why don't you try it and show us how it's done? :P

Last edited by cheez80; 10-30-11 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-30-11, 12:31 PM
genetic
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sojah

Old 10-30-11, 12:44 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

lol @ baller vip fat lip fitment.

this is a diff look,
Old 10-30-11, 12:49 PM
nguminh
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 10-30-11, 12:56 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Socal Lexus Elite's shuts it down!!!! Shut this damn forum down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-11, 01:17 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

anyway, just cause it doesn't have fat lips doesn't mean they're not baller, my friend. these rinspeeds cost $1800/ea new.

since i can't put together a "baller vip fat lip fitment", why don't you try it and show us how it's done?
Big lips gets all the girls.

Poor ppl itt.
Old 10-30-11, 01:53 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohh so the baller vip wheels are still in the works, guess I missed that part. Well u get a pass for the meantime then I suppose.

I know peoples in j-pan have been doin the 600 for a minute now but I can't exactly ask the ones I see in the vip mags how their ride is.

Guess i'll stand by and wait for some real world responses.
Old 11-01-11, 08:44 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

i'm going to keep teasing you guys hahaha. the plans have changed -- i'm just going to run the wheels as is. tires + mounted photos soon.
Old 11-01-11, 08:51 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

gonna look tight!!!

Quick Reply: intro thread: new to me ls600hl