Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

New to the GS scene, build is done

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-12, 08:06 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked GS
Thanks, I was kinda surprised myself ... Didn't think the color would pop that much, no clear coat needed .... Just to make the Lexus decal stick
Yeah man its nice and vivid, it'll add some color and go well with the Vossens.
Old 02-24-12, 10:54 PM
MrGudbar99
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I'm holding on to it
haha. good. now close that other thread because i want to see this thing again at the next meet.
Old 02-24-12, 10:58 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Such a great looking GS Justin...
Old 02-25-12, 01:30 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Great looking car but I dont get it, this car looks similar to mine, well the wheels are different and I dont have the gte swap but the general look is pretty similar and I sure as heck didnt get 11 pages of comments. Lololololol. Perhaps everything changes when an intercooler peaks out through the lower air dam. Who know's...nice car though...great minds think alike!
Old 02-25-12, 03:59 PM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrGudbar99
haha. good. now close that other thread because i want to see this thing again at the next meet.
lol I thought it was closed, I had Dave close it for me

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Such a great looking GS Justin...
Hey whats up Tony ... thanks man ... how's the car.

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Great looking car but I dont get it, this car looks similar to mine, well the wheels are different and I dont have the gte swap but the general look is pretty similar and I sure as heck didnt get 11 pages of comments. Lololololol. Perhaps everything changes when an intercooler peaks out through the lower air dam. Who know's...nice car though...great minds think alike!
I'm sorry you feel this way about the 11pages thing. Maybe the 11pages of people do see a difference ; I tell ya what, post a picture on my thread because I don't know what your car looks like
Old 02-25-12, 08:55 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

You'll get 11 pages when you finally bolt on that supercharger you been hiding in your closet for the last 2 years lol.

OP nice to see you're keeping the car. Any plans to go big single?
Old 02-26-12, 05:07 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel you dude. I remember when I had the SC300. It was one of the best looking SC's on the forum. But it didn't get props from many because I wouldn't turbo it. At first it bothered me a little. Just a little. But I refused to turbo the car cause I saw the guys have problem after problem. Their cars spend half the year being repaired.....every rear. Seems illogical to me. I still spent big money on the car but it went into making it the cleannest SC on the street.....and trouble free.

So don't sweat it. Do your thing. Be a leader, not a follower.

PS: There is only so much you can say about a car with a stock motor. After all the comments about how good it looks, what's left?

Last edited by Ice350; 02-26-12 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-26-12, 06:22 AM
Acer
Lead Lap

very nice. any more recent pics?
Old 02-26-12, 06:43 AM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
I feel you dude. I remember when I had the SC300. It was one of the best looking SC's on the forum. But it didn't get props from many because I wouldn't turbo it. At first it bothered me a little. Just a little. But I refused to turbo the car cause I saw the guys have problem after problem. Their cars spend half the year being repaired.....every rear. Seems illogical to me. I still spent big money on the car but it went into making it the cleannest SC on the street.....and trouble free.

So don't sweat it. Do your thing. Be a leader, not a follower.

PS: There is only so much you can say about a car with a stock motor. After all the comments about how good it looks, what's left?
Wow Reggie I sure as hell didn't see this coming. Yes the car is a stock motor, reasons being you can ask any of the guys, I've always said i'd rather have the look over the speed. Since day one I've never been about shooting for big power, this car is my daily, its not parked away in garage sitting just for the weekend. I wanted something RELIABLE, so I wouldn't have problems. The chroming an polishing was to give it a nicer look but yet still STOCK. What I've done with this car isn't anything new so I don't see what's with all the negativity. All I can say is I do what I do to my car for me, I'm no follower to anyone.

Originally Posted by puff
You'll get 11 pages when you finally bolt on that supercharger you been hiding in your closet for the last 2 years lol.

OP nice to see you're keeping the car. Any plans to go big single?
Im in no rush to do so, maybe down the line
Old 02-26-12, 07:54 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

lol I thought it was closed, I had Dave close it for me

Hey whats up Tony ... thanks man ... how's the car.

I'm sorry you feel this way about the 11pages thing. Maybe the 11pages of people do see a difference ; I tell ya what, post a picture on my thread because I don't know what your car looks like
Here it is...I love a black/black lex. Maybe it will be different when my engine bay is chromed out with my SC and I got a nice intercooler down there. I am sure your car is fun as hell to drive!
Attached Thumbnails New to the GS scene, build is done-pa081584.jpg  
Old 02-26-12, 08:18 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Defiantly the cleanest stock twins install on the forum. I love it.

Going single will be a whole new level of fun and power with that motor, but damn this bay looks so good and is the best example of a complete stock gte swap I would kinda want to keep it this way. But if you are getting the taste for harder hitting power then a single is inevitable..

This pic deserves to be bumped again:

Old 02-26-12, 08:30 AM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Here it is...I love a black/black lex. Maybe it will be different when my engine bay is chromed out with my SC and I got a nice intercooler down there. I am sure your car is fun as hell to drive!
IMHO I don't see how they compare, other than the black/black an RMM grille, I do like your car, I would def. ROCK your car , yeah its fun for sure

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Defiantly the cleanest stock twins install on the forum. I love it.

Going single will be a whole new level of fun and power with that motor, but damn this bay looks so good and is the best example of a complete stock gte swap I would kinda want to keep it this way. But if you are getting the taste for harder hitting power then a single is inevitable..

This pic deserves to be bumped again:

Lol thanks Mike ....My intentions were to never go Single, but we all know the twins don't last long; I'm sure its a totally different level with the single setup

Last edited by Wicked GS; 02-26-12 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-26-12, 10:00 AM
death666
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very clean swap i like it
Old 02-26-12, 12:33 PM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by death666
very clean swap i like it
Thank you!
Old 02-26-12, 01:08 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Justin the car looks amazing. And knowing you personally I can say your a class act . So with that said , you keep doing you. People will always have their own stupid opinions. And you know what they say about opinions . What are you gonna do ????

Quick Reply: New to the GS scene, build is done