Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

LS-F build

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-11, 08:44 PM
LTNOITALL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS-F build

Has anyone done a "F" inspired LS 400?, and if so lets here. Post pic's. And if no one has thought of it I would like to be the first one to do it. I was thinking of putting on the "F" fender emblem and powder coating my calipers F-sport blue and painting accent blue colors everywhere, and a F sport shifter **** and much much more. Thats not including engine mods. I don't know what you guys think. I would like to here some feed back.
Old 05-30-11, 08:57 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was never a fan of a poser-vehicle.

However, if you must make your very own LS-F, I suggest that before you slap the F on it, you better supercharge it, give it a custom cat-back exhaust (No fart cans, stick with mangflow/flowmaster), and dress it up sporty, like a mild body-kit, caliper paint wouldn't hurt, and Euro tails.

My LS400 has 18" L-Sportline wheels and Drop, Euro Tails, custom Magnaflow exhaust, and had plans to supercharge the engine.
Old 05-30-11, 09:01 PM
LTNOITALL
Driver School Candidate

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2707254...=sbar&_lwgsi=y

These LFA look a likes would be a nice touch also.

http://www.lextasy.com/images_produc...575x431_10.jpg

Here are the cool fender emblem also.

http://ads.sewellparts.com/media/Lex..._Shiftknob.jpg

Also the Shifter ****.

http://www.carsuk.net/wp-content/gal...f-sport-17.jpg

And maybe some how retro fitting the F sport carbon fiber engine cover.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/...02dbfafe1f.jpg

And maybe doing the instrument panel led change over to blue.

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...-1_1600x0w.jpg

Just an idea for the calipers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...1&s=automotive

A nice touch.
Old 05-30-11, 10:29 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

if you want to build a riced out POSER in honestly quite poor taste then go for it.

may as well slap some MUGEN and NISMO stickers on it at the same time.

these are all possibly decent touches for a car that has SPORTING PEDIGREE. ie-if you went and tried to make your idea of a sport LS, complete with proper suspension, wheels, and POWER modifications, then you MAY have a case for this stuff, but until then it's just going to make for a crap total package.

methinks you wishes you have an IS or even a GS....
Old 05-31-11, 12:41 AM
Do.Man
Pole Position

all it take is money and time. anything is possible man, just make it performance first then looks after.. if you builld it right, they will come..(like in that one movie where they say "if you build it they will come" lol)
Old 05-31-11, 01:46 AM
Raddison
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
may as well slap some MUGEN and NISMO stickers on it at the same time.

Really though, keep it classy man. Some nice wheels with stretched tires,, slam it, tint it, add a sound system, get a nice exhaust, and then look up 'Junction Produce' order everything (not really...okay close to everything), clear headlight housings, HIDs, replace every bulb imaginable with LEDs, andddd, done.

Oh wait... those are my dreams...
Old 05-31-11, 05:18 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

I'm not a big fan of modding anything, (my car) I like it stock. Although I do like looking through all the "build" threads to see some real nice ideas people have to give these cars even more class then they came with. But if you do end up doing something, do it right. Don't waste money trying to make it look like you have something that you don't b/c when you get called out, and you will, you'll look like a real idiot and go all the way home. Start from the beginning and add all this stuff after, if ya still want it.
Old 05-31-11, 08:03 AM
bornpeace
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
methinks you wishes you have an IS or even a GS....
F-sport accessories offered for (IS-250,300,350, C) GS - 300 all the way to 460, and LX - 570 are more for look than they are for performance. IS-F is the whole different animal and the power is from the 5.0L engine and 8-speed sport direct shift transmission. So why is most of the people here telling "LTNOITALL" to do force induction before putting F-sport accessories (Lexus did not even bother doing so).

Lets look closer to this accessories
Air Filter - the only thing that will give you a boost of not more than 9hp
Muffler - is tuned for sport sound and may be you will get some boost
Shift **** - carbon fiber look
Engine cover- carbon fiber look
Badge - look
19" wheels - look and handling
F-Sport brakes(brembo) - more stopping power from stock

So if anybody what's to do LS - 400 F- inspired i dont see why they should not do it. Is more about the taste. LS -460 Sport added brembo brakes, sport direct shift borrowed from IS-F and special lather interior, mesh grill, no supercharger or turbo.

TRD japan offered the same or even more accessories for Toyota Celsior. Most of these parts are now discontinued because of less demand and the age of ur cars. http://www.trdparts.jp/english/list_celsior.html Carson toyota sale few of these parts but that is about it for the America market http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st...=1&model_id=15

"LTNOITALL" if you have the money to do it, go ahead and do it you will be the first and may be others will follow, no need to do force induction gas is to high.
Old 05-31-11, 10:14 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

a very important distinction:

TRD != F-Sport.

numerous reasons why, not least of all being that TRD makes everything from floor mats to supercharger kits, but F-Sport only really goes so far as suspension modifications.

F-Sport is a BRAND, not a "Style". Sticking the FSport logo all over your car doesn't make it an "F-Sport" version.
Old 05-31-11, 10:32 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

If you build up the cars FULL performance including handling, braking, aerodynamics and POWER... to equal or exceed an IS-F... then you could consider marking it LS400-F

Likely a better route would be to purchase FULL suspension (all components including support systems) and FULL drivetrain (engine+ ecu, transmission+ecu and all sensors and components necessary for full and complete operation) from an IS-F... and FULLY ENGINEER the parts into an LS... you would then officially be able to state that you have an LS-F.

Otherwise, calling/labeling/indicating something that it is not impresses only those that haven't a clue.
Old 05-31-11, 11:08 AM
bornpeace
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sticking the FSport logo all over your car doesn't make it an "F-Sport" version.
The GS F-Sport is nothing but what you describe. Handling, look and sticker all over. The engine and transmission ecu left untouched.
TRD != F-Sport
just because F-sport dont make supercharger kit does not mean is not equal. F-Sport is for performance and appearance so does TRD. Every part available with F-sport badge is also available for toyota models with TRD badge.
Performance parts for Lexus vehicles are now labeled as F-Sport and performance Lexus models are labeled F to distinguish Lexus's F division from TRD.
Old 05-31-11, 11:42 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

I came up in a time where having a "sleeper"/stealth approach was the most fun. For many of us, even though the car may be built in theme with F-Sport goodies, it is not a real "F-Sport" car. The LS400 was not nor will ever be of that era and so it will be seen as a wanna be. You can do the mods, but the badge and implying "F" would be to me.

The other day I saw a near stock Accord. Below the Accord badge was a "Turbo" badge like one would see on the Porsche.
Old 05-31-11, 11:50 AM
Hilux22RE
Pole Position

One thing you don't want to do is add is all the lame "scoops" and the ugly "Vents" sold at Autozone!

So many people thinking they are the s*** with those damn things on their cars...
Old 05-31-11, 12:35 PM
503-M3
Rookie

We all have a different taste in what we like and dislike when modifying our cars. I'm not sure I would do the same to emulate a "F" car but if you like it and want to try it go for it!
Old 05-31-11, 02:14 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by bornpeace
The GS F-Sport is nothing but what you describe. Handling, look and sticker all over. The engine and transmission ecu left untouched.
just because F-sport dont make supercharger kit does not mean is not equal. F-Sport is for performance and appearance so does TRD. Every part available with F-sport badge is also available for toyota models with TRD badge.
there is no Lexus stated GS-F (yet).

do not confuse a proper model designation (XX-F) with a TRIM level (ie- IS250 F-Sport EQUIPPED (full name))

the F-Sport accessories are added AFTER the vehicle is imported, and done to the extent the receiving dealership wishes. this isn't even comparable to what Mercedes does as the AMG Packages offered in many of their cars are factory installed options. (different suspension, exhaust, etc...).
So, just because you've seen a couple dealerships slap basic f-sport bits on a GS doesn't make it a GS F-Sport. Hell even the GS' I see here that have the entire F-Sport catalog thrown at them (brakes, exhaust, suspension) are considered "F-Sport Equipped".

The LS 460 "Sport" trim level IS significantly different from the other LS trims but carefully is NOT designated as an F-Sport model as it is still not primarily performance minded. (think AMG S55)

Quick Reply: LS-F build