Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

Well, I am finally building the car I missed the most! (This is interesting...)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-12, 06:53 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjawagon
awesome build looking forward to your future plans
Thanks man! I appreciate it. We will see where she takes me. I like the car a lot, and am learning so much!
Old 04-09-12, 09:37 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Well, I got more work done today! Looks like my engine will hopefully be going back into the car tomorrow! This guy is excited! We shall see, but it is looking like it may happen. I am getting screwed because I don't have a 3" v-band clamp, and won't be able to get one until Thursday, so vice grips will probably be holding the DP on for the first start...but we will see. I just want to see it back in the car with the turbo, and all of that goodness haha. Anyways here are some pictures!

Old 04-12-12, 09:31 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Alright! Good news! The motor is in, it's running, and is almost all back together!
Only had a couple of snags. Seems like the engine is running well.
First snag was getting the stupid ECU plug back down the fire wall. Well, the ECU plugs went in the right direction, but the grey plug decided to take a different path, so it had to come back out-but it was stuck. Tried everything and finally got it free, but it was at the cost of 2 pins coming out of the ECU. I found the pins, and attempted to put them back into their place, and that was fine for the time being. Fast forward to first start, and there was a miss. I looked on the ECU pinout, and the pin that was pulled out was #2 injector, so just to assure myself that was the problem, I removed the coil pack plug for #2 and it ran the same. I called a friend who is a wiring master and just let him handle it (cartmill on here). So now, the car is running extremely well, its loud as hell, and I cannot wait to finish everything.

All I have left to do is the following:
Put hood back on
Figure out some type of intake
Check fluids again
Figure out some intercooler pipes
Put the exhaust back on! I cannot wait for that one!

Thats really about all I have to do. I really am excited now. Not much left to do, and I will be able to drive it again! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

I'll leave you with some pictures!

Old 04-12-12, 09:55 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

holy , i could not imagine doing THAT much work on a car!

major props!
Old 04-13-12, 06:18 AM
cnewingham
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

talk about putting in overtime on a project. That my friend is true dedication. Great build thread
Old 04-14-12, 04:57 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
holy , i could not imagine doing THAT much work on a car!

major props!
Thanks man! It honestly really was not that hard. I had a fun time doing it, and I would do it all over again in a heart beat. Honestly, wouldn't mind doing some work for someone else, either.
Originally Posted by cnewingham
talk about putting in overtime on a project. That my friend is true dedication. Great build thread
Thanks man! I owe it to the machine shop. They really got all of my stuff done in a heart beat. I had fun doing it-I really did.
Old 04-14-12, 04:59 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Carfreak70
Thanks man! It honestly really was not that hard. I had a fun time doing it, and I would do it all over again in a heart beat. Honestly, wouldn't mind doing some work for someone else, either.
so if i drive out to tennessee youll help me out?
Old 04-14-12, 05:45 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Damn man, props for all the work, if I had all the equipment and garage i'd have a spic and span engine bay together with a purry 2jz lol
Old 04-14-12, 05:51 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
so if i drive out to tennessee youll help me out?
Might be a long drive from SoCal, but I am always down to help!
Originally Posted by m1k3yg
Damn man, props for all the work, if I had all the equipment and garage i'd have a spic and span engine bay together with a purry 2jz lol
I wish I had a clean engine bay, but I don't, and I am okay with it. I wish my 2JZ was a little nicer, but once again-I am okay with it. I like my car the way it is, and I love this car to death!

*****SPOILER ALER******
I am buying an AEM monday
Old 04-14-12, 06:41 PM
JPGS300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow speechless with this build you resurrected a 1st gen great work lots of dedication and hard work
Old 04-14-12, 07:11 PM
Boosted1st
Rookie

Originally Posted by Carfreak70

I also purchased an aluminum CXRacing radiator that works like a champ for $130 shipped to my door. Brand new, works well, even though its off-brand.

Which CXRacing radiator did you buy? For what vehicle, Just swapped in my backup 2JZ-GTE into a new project GS300 (1995) need to cool the thing down...thanks for the help. Any others who have advice on a good radiator for the swapped car is welcome although I would love to stick with aluminum. I bought a CXRacing Radiator for my 3rd gen Supra and I could not be happier with its performance.
Old 04-14-12, 08:38 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice work man I cant wait to start on my 2j project but I still got some cleaning up to do before I tackle that
Old 04-15-12, 05:43 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Boosted1st
Which CXRacing radiator did you buy? For what vehicle, Just swapped in my backup 2JZ-GTE into a new project GS300 (1995) need to cool the thing down...thanks for the help. Any others who have advice on a good radiator for the swapped car is welcome although I would love to stick with aluminum. I bought a CXRacing Radiator for my 3rd gen Supra and I could not be happier with its performance.
I bought the radiator for a MKIV supra. The only "modification" you have to do to get it to fit is flip the little rubber grommets at the bottom of the factory radiator over to lift the radiator up a little bit, and it fits perfectly. Still have the radiator, too. It works extremely well. I recommend it for anyone honestly.

Originally Posted by Supremeg56
nice work man I cant wait to start on my 2j project but I still got some cleaning up to do before I tackle that
Thanks man! Like I have said before, its been a long *** road, but man, I would do it all over again. I am having so much fun with this car, it is probably unhealthy
Old 04-16-12, 02:13 AM
sentra95
Driver School Candidate

Im on the same boat as you except im barely starting the Aristo 2j into my 93 Gs300. I was was wondering how you made the drive shaft work? Or what options do we have without cutting or welding?

Nice build BTW
Old 04-16-12, 08:22 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sentra95
Im on the same boat as you except im barely starting the Aristo 2j into my 93 Gs300. I was was wondering how you made the drive shaft work? Or what options do we have without cutting or welding?

Nice build BTW
I used the factory drive shaft. I just had to get the tail shaft from a GS with a factory transmission in it, and bolt that tail shaft on my Aristo transmission. Works perfectly! No cutting or welding needed! Its as simple as pulling the old one off of the Aristo Transmission (its a big socket), sliding it off (it has splines like the drive shaft) bolting the new one on.

Good luck with it man!

Quick Reply: Well, I am finally building the car I missed the most! (This is interesting...)