Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-11, 07:16 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The side markers in the front bumper. Look at the front bumper in first page, if you missed it. I was after the same line pattern as the front headlights. Mission accomplished.
Old 11-25-11, 08:40 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I made those clear corner lights out of an extra pair of lense covers for the headlights. No one had done it, but i did. :-) thats what i did.
Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
The side markers in the front bumper. Look at the front bumper in first page, if you missed it. I was after the same line pattern as the front headlights. Mission accomplished.
To be concise,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...er-lights.html
Old 11-26-11, 05:56 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thats a good link, thats what gave me the inspiration, but i wanted it to match the headlight lines. Thats why i cut it up and made my own as well. Scotturnot used a light cover, i think. GL!
Old 11-29-11, 10:29 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

A little progress today. Rerouted the oil return line, enough to where the front turbo housing will clear. I dropped the bumpers and the trim pieces for paint, awaiting it to stop freaking raining to spray. I hope they are finished in about a week or so. I have never used these guys before but come recommended. I ordered the new slave cylinder, timing belt, tensioner, and tranny mount. I ordered them before and didn't get a chance to get by there to get them, so they sent them back. I ordered all Gates brand on all pieces. Research I have done is that several car manufactures use Gates as OEM replacement parts, and just stamp their own name on them. The part number for the 1JZ tensioner is OEM number 13540-46012 and you can use the number T43100 as the Gates brand. The timing belt is OEM number 13568-49025 and the Gates is from a 1988 Isuzu Trooper with a 2.6 liter engine. The specs has 137 teeth and is 25mm wide. Should work perfect.

Ever since I did the pedal install, the pedals have never looked exactly right to me. I decided to investigate this a little further. After I rechecked the drill holes, and the factory cut ins, everything is mounted exactly where its supposed to be, by the factory bolts and holes. The problem lied is when I pressed the clutch in, my foot, regardless if I had work boots or tennis shoes, it would hit the foot rest on the way down. I thought this was an alignment problem, but it seems again that everything checked out correctly. I was afraid that the clutch wouldn't engage right if I let it. So I pulled up the carpet, and cut out the stryofoam foot rest, and wolla, the clutch is free and clear, and I never used it anyway. The carpet still lays flat, and looks OEM. If someone else has ran into this problem, is there other ways to achieve this? Lastly, is this a known problem on the 400 that no one has seemed to have mentioned? I did use Factory OEM pedals and clutch resevoir.

If you have been following my thread, I have had some problems with the USPS in shipping and receiving products. Word to the wise, if you are someone who is looking to save a few bucks, DONT! Pay the extra for the shipping cost and get insurance. DO NOT send NOTHING parcel post. I have did this route twice and it has been damaged or lost. I am out the money because I didnt get insurance, just a refund of the shipping cost. This sucks. I have been awaiting the clutch fork, slave cylinder and from half of the drive shaft for over a month now, and still nothing. I am crap out of luck and 125 bucks gone. Thats why I reordered new ones today. I am looking for a front half drive shaft out of a MKIII supra, if you have one let me know. I also need the carrier bearing and it must be good shape.

Old 11-29-11, 10:38 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice little update. Keep it coming.
Old 11-29-11, 10:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks Skirts, any word on the wrapping of the front lip in vinyl, when can I pick it up?
Old 11-29-11, 10:52 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Anytime you want to. You can pick the wheels up then too. Hahahaha. I need to send you pics of it.
Old 11-29-11, 11:02 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Is the offer on the TT wheels still good? I want them, but I also need to buy cams... Send the pictures now!!!! lol

My new email address is 1jzsc400@gmail.com
Old 11-29-11, 01:35 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Ar those brand new engine parts? The engine looks brand new... Looks great
Old 11-29-11, 09:19 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks for the comment, i have being working on it when i get the chance. I have been awaiting some parts for some time, giving the usps the benefit of the doubt, but it hasn't worked out in my favor. I had to reorder some parts, and still need some. I have learned my lesson this go around.

About the motor, i painted and sanded every piece down that i possibly could do. The results were good. I even sanded the bolts and painted them with high temp metal/aluminum paint. I want a clean install and it done right the first time.
Old 12-01-11, 02:49 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I ordered the motor mounts and brackets, rear portion of the driveshaft, today. The body shop also came by the house and took some digital photos using their high tech color match camera. I hope this will help the color match better. The front factory lip is also finished and it appears to look fantastic. I will try and pick it up next week.
Old 12-02-11, 11:39 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, can't wait to see more...truly a inspirational build...I can't tell you how many times I've gone over your parts lists-it's always good to read what others are using for ideas! thanks for sharing bro, can't wait the end results! thanks!

Steve
Old 12-02-11, 07:54 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Steve, thanks for the kind words. I try and help the Lexus community due to it has helped more than a thousand times as a member on here. My build has been somewhat steady, oredering, finding, waiting on parts and such, but over all, I am very pleased. I found out the cams werent in stock as originally as I thought, they are out for another three weeks. I am being very patient, but this is ridiculous. The rear portion of the driveshaft is on the way as of today from Texas, and the other brackets and mounts mailed on Monday.
Old 12-03-11, 05:10 PM
supraclone
Rookie

Car looks great mark, Thanks for showing me. I want my interior done now. Just need some interior pieces and ur time. Hope mine looks like urs.
Old 12-03-11, 05:21 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks again. I worked hard trying to find all the right pieces and such. I will do yours the sameway. I wilk be glad too. Your car is the fastest SC i have ever driven or been in. Its insanely sick. My GOD at 632 rwhp at 16 pounds if boost. Thanks for letting me driver your insane SC this afternoon.

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!