Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-11, 08:24 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Got it plugged in. There is still one left. I am clueless people. ????
Old 12-26-11, 09:23 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm telling ya. It's on the block behind the ac or ps pump. Nearest to the timing belt cover. Very hard to see. U may have to remove the accessories to plug it back in.
Old 12-26-11, 09:55 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I will go look again. Thanks for the replies guys. It has to go somewhere. I betcha I have overlooked it.
Old 12-27-11, 01:10 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Well, I overlooked it. It was behind the ac compressor and the power steering pump. I installed the motor again to verify the lengths on the wiring, and it works. I believe I can even get the rubber piece in the correct position in the firewall. The igniter, battery cables, power steering lines, alternator and so on works perfect. I do have a question about the stock OEM alternator lines on the passenger side of the car. Do I just cut these and move them from the equation or is most people just tying them back and out of the way? I did find out yesterday that I am missing the map sensor. Do I need to buy the AEM one or will the factory one work? I will be using the AEM standalone from DM. I did see an AEM one, 3 bar for sale in the classifieds.

Hidden little burger...

Other questions that I have is about the inter cooler piping, do I need to run 3 inch on both sides or run 3 inch on one side and maybe 2.50 on the other? I have heard pros and cons? Why such an issue? Figured bigger is better.

Lastly, how does this go back together in the IACV? I know the filter goes in, but how does these springs go? I am clueless, and I even have the break down of this motor saved..

I did order the tranny mount today for the R154, it was the W58 one. I will have to drill out the holes for proper fitment.

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 12-27-11 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-27-11, 02:41 PM
Track5tar
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good so far. It took me a while to read all the previous pages but i love it! Good Luck.
Old 12-27-11, 05:20 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Sorry for such a long thread, but I have a ton of pictures. I still haven't loaded all of them. Just the key ones.

Have another question about the iacv. From the iacv there is a metal tubing that goes behind the block of the motor. On the bottom of the same tubing it has a vacuum line also. I guess this is an extra tie in for a gauge or just block it off. On the top portion of the bracket where does the tube or hose need to be routed to? Back in to the valve cover on the top? I cant find any pictures or results of this tubing. Thx!
Old 12-27-11, 05:49 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran 3 inch on mine and was very happy with the results. Any turbo car we have built using 2.5 we have always upgraded to 3 inch down the road.
Old 12-27-11, 05:55 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Well, I overlooked it. It was behind the ac compressor and the power steering pump. I installed the motor again to verify the lengths on the wiring, and it works. I believe I can even get the rubber piece in the correct position in the firewall. The igniter, battery cables, power steering lines, alternator and so on works perfect. I do have a question about the stock OEM alternator lines on the passenger side of the car. Do I just cut these and move them from the equation or is most people just tying them back and out of the way? I did find out yesterday that I am missing the map sensor. Do I need to buy the AEM one or will the factory one work? I will be using the AEM standalone from DM. I did see an AEM one, 3 bar for sale in the classifieds.

Hidden little burger...

Other questions that I have is about the inter cooler piping, do I need to run 3 inch on both sides or run 3 inch on one side and maybe 2.50 on the other? I have heard pros and cons? Why such an issue? Figured bigger is better.

Lastly, how does this go back together in the IACV? I know the filter goes in, but how does these springs go? I am clueless, and I even have the break down of this motor saved..

I did order the tranny mount today for the R154, it was the W58 one. I will have to drill out the holes for proper fitment.

i will be looking forward to this drill out on the tranny mount as it pertains directly to me..

good job on the hanress. now do mine. and make tons of money..
Old 12-27-11, 05:57 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

On your turbo setup, did you have to cut off part of the original flange and have another one welded on? Or did your car allow enough clearance for the first 90 degree bend off of it? I don't think I am going to have enough clearance from the original flange on my turbo no matter how I try. I might have to beat down the inner wheel well to get to clear. Will know more in a week or so when I order the piping kit.

No one knows about the tubing on back of the motor from the IACV? Or how the springs go back together?
Old 12-27-11, 06:04 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I did read today on another thread that the wiring is a little different in that of a SC300, 1993. On the blue/ yellow wire, they say to unplug it or pull it from the plug in and plug it in to the other plug that has the solid green wire. Leave the green wire hanging as I understood. Again this was for 1993 SC 300 and to get the check engine light on and operating. Lastly, they said it was a tight fit because the blue/yellow wire was a little thicker and kinda hard to push the pin in the smaller hole in the harness. Hopes this helps the 300 guys.

I will try and copy the link in case it does really have to be done on ours. :-)
Old 12-27-11, 06:51 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Figured out the metal line on the back of the motor. I will prolly do a catch can and a filter. This will eliminate the line all together and free another vacuum line on the I take intake side for another gauge. Don't like the idea of tapping into a wye when it comes to a true and accurate reading on gauges. Jmo.

Still need to know about the springs on the iacv.
Old 12-28-11, 05:37 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

i hope this help you. its from a 95 Supra Service manual. i captured the pages from the PDF.

Old 12-28-11, 07:54 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

That does help out. I am still clueless on where these small springs go along with the little piece of aluminum. I cant find them out anywhere.

I will post this in the correct category and see if I get some results. I also dont have the washer that they are showing to be in place.

Thanks for the info man.,..
Old 12-28-11, 02:59 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

You are welcome. I suppose I could take apart mine to help u.
Old 12-28-11, 03:03 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

That would be great. Anything will help. Also of the washer as well. Thank you!!!

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!