Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-12, 09:47 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I like the Lexus emblems better, and I have already changes it out like 6 months ago. I did forget to mention that part in my build. The paint guy came through for me. Here is a few pictures of the front bumper. I installed the rear bumper and the gas lid yesterday with new screws and bolts. Returned all of the trunk liners and inserts and tested the brake lights, all is good. Have to wait to test out the reverse lights. The rear bumper is a shade off but overall I am very happy with the quality of this guys work.

Another little teaser of the middle cover. Crappy shot, but you get the idea. Waiting on the cam cover back from paint...The checkered part is my blanket to keep everything clean while I am working.

Old 02-07-12, 09:50 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by megamax
Okay. Seems were both looking for a front driveshaft. I need a w58 yoke. Wonder if it will work with ur 154. Also, why lexus? U have a "toyota" now? And dnt forget to change your fuel filter.

The front part will still work as far as I know. If I understand you correctly...
Old 02-08-12, 07:10 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Update. Aem oil pressure gauge came in. Ran the lines down the a pillar. Tied in the coil and ignitor power wire. Tied in the fuel line to the fuel rail. Checked for leaks, none apparantly. Fuel pump continues to run, dont know why while the key is in the forward position. Installed the new brake light switch and adjusted it. Works perfect. Drilled another hole in the firewall to run the vacuum lines.

Old 02-08-12, 10:40 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

found a sc turbo timer harness(a few of them) you should pick one up. very important
Old 02-09-12, 05:26 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Vampire clips are a no no. Solder and heat shrink or tape.

So, like does this thing run and drive yet?

Yeah it's clean, blah blah. Your not going to just look at it in your Garage, are you!?
Old 02-09-12, 05:41 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i see u arent going to run the "oh shet" handle. but u gotta put something there.
i just got mt car back from the body shop myself. but u should have had the whole car painted your bumpers look newer than the body paint for sure.
Old 02-09-12, 06:49 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

turbo timers are useless. don't listen to the n00bs.
Old 02-09-12, 07:18 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus

...Lets get down to business about the wiring...

There are two thicker black/orange wires on the larger gray plug coming from the engine that supply power to the igniter and injectors. You will need to find a good "switched" 12V source to power these, as they don't recieve any power from the sc400 body. I broke out the multimeter and found an unused by the 1jz pin that had a good 12v switched signal and spliced these two into it.

If everything goes well, I will prolly be offereing a service for the 1JZ to SC400 at a fraction of the price for people on here. I will post the findings as soon as I get the car running and all the wiring double checked. i will keep everyone posted on my progress...

hey man, i was just browsing through your thread and saw this ^

exactly which wire did you use as your "switched 12v" ?
i'm asking for your own well being, and so you don't blow a fuse or melt a long piece of your body harness as soon as you crank the car.
those black/orange power wires for the inj and ign are pretty high current (as far as the rest of the engine and body harness is concerned) and i'm pretty sure those are also the same wires that power the IACV and ignition coils.
if you used anything less than a 20a 12v body circuit to power those, you'll probably blow whichever fuse it is pretty quickly.

and did you check to make sure it has 12v during CRANK on the key? a lot of stuff on the car is not powered during cranking to avoid voltage/amp spikes.

just curious; not hating, just trying to help out. i've done this a few times.
Old 02-09-12, 07:38 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice catch cartmill, I just glazed over that and did not really pick it apart . The injector circuits do indeed get power from the SC400 chassis plug IJ1, pin 7. The injector circuit is fused at 30 amps and fed directly through the ignition switch, so heed cartmill's advice.

PS, the IACV is powered via the main EFI circuit, so it is on a different fuse.

Last edited by stockhatch; 02-09-12 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-09-12, 01:21 PM
Marti
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin good, man!
Old 02-09-12, 05:28 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

The oh crap handle will not be used due to the pod cover over the a pillar. I just ran the wires down the inside a pillar for now, till I get ready to fire everything up.

YOu all made some good observations, and this is why I love this forum. I will double to see which exact wire I tapped into on the driver side kick panel. You are right, they are some thick wires, one is actually thicker than the other. I will have my Lexus mechanic, which knows wiring well, double check everything. After I did this, I heard something blow, like a fuse, now my amps in the trunks are not turning on, but the headunit works. So I think everyone is right about the amperage draw and it is on the wrong size of amps in the fuse box. I may try and get around this and run a wholes seperate set of wires somewhere safely under the hood, with its seperate online fuse.

It doesnt run yet spool, we are getting there. I dont think it will be wrong. I wish I had a little more guidance than just extending the wiring harness. I had read and reread several threads, but it seems all the really technical details is kept up under lock and key here. No one wants to share this info for the 400.

I also havent checked the 12 volts on the car either.

I did talk the paint guy today and we prolly paint the whole car with high dollar paint for around 1K, due to hardly any dents, or dings in it. This price is for me helping him also.
Old 02-09-12, 06:17 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine set me back around 1900 to paint mine pearl white again. w00f!
Old 02-10-12, 01:27 PM
Graymatter
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Very impressive Mark! Trying to get done before Import Alliance I see.
Old 02-10-12, 01:43 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cartmill
turbo timers are useless. don't listen to the n00bs.
Noob? Wow we have a comedian on the thread. Iam not going to litter marks thread, but again for a turbo car timers are important(from a non noob).
Old 02-10-12, 03:23 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Lxclusive, where have you been? Lol how has the 1000hp 2jzgte going?

I will look into the turbo timer megamax. I also will not have any time to work on the car this weekend just on monday of next week. The lexus emblems came in along with the aem wideband, so at least i can run that on the a pillar with power and ground... i am also going to double check all the wiring again and figure out the the two thicker wires for the coils and the ignitor. Might tap into the nss wire and then run two seperate fuse holders inline back to the harness. I have to do some investigating, unless someone can enlighten me.

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!