Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-12, 05:38 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have like a $7 boost controller, so I am not the person to ask for advice on that one You can see it in this pic if you look closely. It's like where's Waldo

My AFR gauge is in my ashtray. I will get a pic of that. I will also get a pic of my boost gauge when I am less lazy. Hint: It is VERY close to the brake booster...
Old 02-21-12, 05:45 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I think i see it. By the upper radiator hose with a black ****. I would like something digital. :-)

thanks for sharing the photo. Dont worry i wont flame you for thread jacking. Oh yeah, i can delete what I want. :-) You need to clean that engine bay. :-)

Thanks again man.
Old 02-21-12, 05:58 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i prefer the glove box for gauges, but only in the SC. i think the 3gauge a-pillar pod is kind of crowded in our cars, as we're already sitting kind of low and far back... your pod and gauges looks nice and clean though. i approve.
i had my gauges in the glovebox with my 1jz, just rotated to point at my while i was in the driver's seat don't worry about stockhatch, he only uses his glovebox cause he's an old man!

and stockhatch, you wont need any fancy gauges when you get on that STANDALONE ems just cruise around with your laptop when you have a problem (and you can do solenoid boost control so you don't have to burn yourself under the hood with that MBC)

am i annoying anyone yet? sorry, i am just a ems nutswinger. i tried to make up for it by posting 3 smileys in one reply.

Last edited by cartmill; 02-21-12 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-21-12, 06:11 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I think i see it. By the upper radiator hose with a black ****. I would like something digital. :-)

thanks for sharing the photo. Dont worry i wont flame you for thread jacking. Oh yeah, i can delete what I want. :-) You need to clean that engine bay. :-)

Thanks again man.
Sorry mang, I wasn't trying to thread jack. Cartmill is though. You should ban him.
Old 02-21-12, 06:24 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Not nice!......

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 02-22-12 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-23-12, 06:19 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I left it on the workbench,and the actual wiring hanging there, as per DM. I guess I need to pull the oil light now on the cluster.

Come on now, it aint that bad! :-)

At first I had really mixed emotions about it, but after my research, it seemed that really no one had gotten one to place on the A pillar, so I went in for the kill. Turned out quite nicely, in my book. How long I will like it there.................................dont know.
iam going to run a double pod pillar so you are more boss than me..

and explain to me a little whats the deal with the oil pressure sensor?? would that be accurate with a single turbo setup??
Old 02-23-12, 06:22 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
You don't like the gauges in the glove box? that's what i like keep it clean and when you get stop by a cop he won't be all up in your business because it's hidden in the glove box.
No need to open the glove box if your tune if good, and the ecu does what it suppose to do

It's coming along , so far how much time before you fire it up?

the oil pressure switch , i would let the stock one alone and just drill and tap the bolt on the oil filter housing.
Yeah just pull the bulb and you back in business!!
wait!!! hes gonna see them anyway when you reach for your reg and ins when you open up the glove box right??
Old 02-23-12, 06:27 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

marky, as far as boost controllers. i have a profec b in my rb iam happy with it.. but iam going to get a evc to switch things up for the lexus.
Old 02-23-12, 06:31 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by megamax
and explain to me a little whats the deal with the oil pressure sensor?? would that be accurate with a single turbo setup??
yeah, what would the turbo have to do with the oil pressure?
Old 02-23-12, 06:31 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

marky, as far as boost controllers. i have a profec b in my rb iam happy with it.. but iam going to get a evc to switch things up for the lexus.
i am pretty sure marky is got that AEMv2, right?
Old 02-23-12, 06:53 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I have a concern. What is this DLI thing? Cause I was reading that u need it when u go above 18 psi on the stock coils when running the AEM. Are you looking to do the same thing with your car incase you have to go past 18 psi to achieve your goal.
Old 02-23-12, 06:57 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoomLight
So I have a concern. What is this DLI thing? Cause I was reading that u need it when u go above 18 psi on the stock coils when running the AEM. Are you looking to do the same thing with your car incase you have to go past 18 psi to achieve your goal.
The DLI helps boost the ignition, if you go with a Aem V2 then u dont need to worry about a DLI but when u have a Aem V1 then you will need it
Old 02-23-12, 07:07 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

iam going to run a double pod pillar so you are more boss than me..

I used this method per DM. You didnt have too, but this was the route I chose. I wanted a precise and or more accurate prssure reading, thus the reason I bought the AEM oil pressure gauge. Quick advised me of the past experiences of the oil pump going out and casuing an engine seize or failure. I wanted to keep a close eye on the pressure. Alot of people use the stock one after the research that I have done on here, but keep in mind people do things different. I chose this method for the reason of having a three gauge pod holder. Alot of people choose to hide in the glove box and in the ashtray. I didnt like that. I want to be able to take a quick look to the side and know exactly what is going on.
Old 02-23-12, 07:09 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I will prolly go with the HKS or Greddy style digital one. This will be mounted in the glove box, more than likely or in the ashtray concealed out of the way. I will know more when I choose it and see the size of it in person.
Old 02-23-12, 07:10 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by cartmill
i am pretty sure marky is got that AEMv2, right?
Yes thats what I am going with. AEM V2 from DM for $1275!

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!